No announcement yet.

DVD/BD Ripping don't use CUDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having a problem with GPU or codec settings should attach the fabcheck_internal.log file from the DVDFab 10 Log folder. More facts needed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Does it mean 6.1 (after the driver version in your post) is the version of CUDA included in the nVidia Driver ? Yes the driver was meant to work with cuda 6.1

Comment

Ok then thank you.

Now with my setup :
        Win 10 64 bits
        Dvd Fab 10.51
        nVidia Driver(22.21.138494 :6.1) 14/08/2017 with cuda 6.1 included
        GTX 670 2Go

I got :
        150 fps in h264 to rip DVD (VIDEO_TS folder) from HDD
        25 fps in h264 to rip 2D Blu Ray from HDD
        27 fps in h264 to rip 3D Blu Ray (ISO) from HDD

Keep you posted for my Dad setup
        Win 10 64 bits
        Dvd Fab 10.51
        nVidia Driver 14/08/2017 + cuda 6.1
        GTX 1060 3Go

He gots:
        180 fps in h264 to rip DVD (VIDEO_TS folder) from Drive
        29 fps in h264 to rip 2D Blu Ray from Drive
        Last edited by Madieron; 08-17-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

3dman7
          Really big thanks for all this information it's helping us a lot !
          Can you please tell us the brand of your GTX 1060 ?

I'll try to find a 2D blu Ray to test it with my setup (and also with my dad's)

With my setup
          I got 25 fps for a 2D blu Ray... meaning no improvement.

Keep you posted for result !

I'll try to uninstall all nVidia software and reinstall them + use last version of DVD fab 10.52

Untill now it's absolutly unsuccessfull to use DVD fab properly...

Keep you posted for my Dad setup
          Win 10 64 bits
          Dvd Fab 10.52
          nVidia Driver 14/08/2017 + cuda 6.1
          GTX 1060 3Go

He gots:
          6 fps in h265 to rip 2D Blu Ray from Drive

signals : Can you help us interpret the log file please ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Madieron; 08-17-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

signals

When I read the fabcheck_internal.log it seems to me that dvdfab detect the Graphics card then for some rease it says Cuda is not usable (cudaStatus=0) then it gets CPU info and uses CPU,
            Am I right ?

Moreover it seems to be saying that its CPU i7-3820 is QuickSync capable meanwhile tech spec from Intel says it doesn't have any iGPU.
            So is it still Quick Sync capable ?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot_705.jpg Views:	1 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	340324
              3dman7
              Really big thanks for all this information it's helping us a lot !
              Can you please tell us the brand of your GTX 1060 ?

It's a Zotac and comparing your dads and my fab check files mine says the same for card detect info.cuda and lighting shrink checked marked work fine note we have different processors mine is 3773 and has quick sync and your OS is different for the fab check mine is on top yours on bottom taken from the fab check logs for your dads and mine gtx1060 cards.

Also if your dad has quick sync in the post with the screen shots you posted you will see what your dad can use on the codex page of fab the box on the bottom it tells you what you can use with fab it has a scroll bar that you have pulled down in the screen shot you posted pull it up to see if quick sync is listed in that bottom box with the scroll bar up all the way if it has quick sync it will tell you to plug your monitor into the computers motherboard to get it to work with quick sync.(see screen shot)

For cuda your monitor should be hooked up to the cuda card as it seems dads speeds are not correct make sure this is correct.Tell your dad to change out the hdmi wire to see if the cable ends are damaged and if possible to use 3.0 hdmi if he can for the drive.The wire with the special ends can be brought on line they often get pulled on and damaged.You can also try plugging into a different 2.0 plug on the computer they also get damaged easy.If using a hdmi extender try plugging the drive directly into the computer.

DetectVideoCard_CUDA: bestCudaDetectInfo 1,0,196819,6,1,GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, os 18
              12:26:26:271 info: fab_check::check_cuda: cudaStatus = 0 , modeType = 504
              DetectVideoCard_CUDA: bestCudaDetectInfo 1,0,196819,6,1,GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, os 18
              12:00:38:849 info: fab_check::check_cuda: cudaStatus = 0 , modeType = 504
              Last edited by 3dman7; 08-17-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Is GTX 1060 3GO a brand? I am talking about the 3GO?
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I think it is google it seems they have a 3go and a 6go.

Comment

Originally posted by Madieron View Post
                    Hello Bigcid10,

Your message seems very interesting.
                    Can you write down here which version of nvidia Drivers and DVD Fab you had when it worked ?
                    Maybe it's a update of nvidia Driver or Dvd Fab responsible for our problems.

Can you tell me also which OS are you using ?
                    Windows 7 or 10 ? 32 or 64 bits ?

I think 3dman has a GTX 1060 3GB also and is able to encode in x265 with CUDA, if you come by can you please give us your setup ? (OS/nVidia Driver version / DVD fab version)

The same question for anyone succeeding to encode in x265 with CUDA in DVD Fab !

Regards
                    Thank you for the response
                    right now I'm in the middle of a platform swap(x99-->X299)
                    but I was and going to still be using a MSI gtx1070 gaming 8g
                    was using 385.28 drivers
                    and dvdfab 10.0.51 on windows 10 ent x64
                    Thank you

Comment

In your log file from page 1, it says you're using H265 10bit. DVDFab only supports CUDA acceleration on H265 8bit at the moment, with support for 10bit coming in the next few weeks (Per Wilson.Wang in my thread here) - For now, to get the faster speeds, use the MKV.H265 or MP4.H265 and not the MKV.H265.10bit or MP4.H265.10bit profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Madieron View Post

Does anyone have an idea how to "activate" CUDA for DVDFab ?

Regards,
                        Christopher
                        Can you screen grab the A/V Codec page? Goto Common Settings > A/V Codec. On that same page is a link to 'Hardware Info'...as detected by the DVDFab product.

Comment

...here is mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	117
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	418217

Comment

Working...
                          X