BD discs created with DVDFab 8 now unreadable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD discs created with DVDFab 8 now unreadable

Many of my discs that were ripped using DVDFab 8 are no longer readable on 2 major brand DVD players. These discs played fine in the past. It appears that a firmware update may have been introduced that renders my discs unreadable.

I have the ISO files for each disc.All discs were burned using latest version of ImgBurn.

Is there a way to use DVDFab 9 to fix this? Using Trial Version I see I can use ISO files to create a new disc, although I can't get trial version to burn a test. I would rather not spend $199 to upgrade to find out DVDFab 9 will not provide a solution.

Any chance DVDFab 9 will generate readable discs that were ripped with DVDFab 8?

If you have a license key for version 8 you need not spend a penny, just download V9, create an account on the members site and use it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Please give us the brands and model numbers of these infected players so other members can avoid them.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My license is over 2 years old so the site upgrade is $219!

Comment

Are the discs readable in your computer optical drive?

Comment

4 discs that I checked played fine on optical drive they were burned on. The ISO files when mounted using "Virtual Clone Drive" all played fine using Power DVD.

The set top players that will not read discs are:
            Panasonic - DMP-BD65
            Samsung - BD-D5700

Comment

I got DVDFab 9 activated for free. So I have vers. 9 running if it will help.

Can I take my discs that are readable & try re-ripping (with 9), then re-burning, or will that introduce some degradation of quality?

I do have the ISO's saved on about 1/2 of the discs.

Comment

If the ISO is okay I would say DVDFab has done it's job correctly.

It's sounds like a bad burn or a bad batch of disks.

Did you try burning one of the current ISO's to a new disk and playing it in your stand alone DVD player?

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                  If the ISO is okay I would say DVDFab has done it's job correctly.

It's sounds like a bad burn or a bad batch of disks.

Did you try burning one of the current ISO's to a new disk and playing it in your stand alone DVD player?
                  These are discs that played fine last year on the standalone players, it is not an issue of a bad burn or bad disc. The ISO's play fine. The discs are in perfect condition. It is possible the disc could have gone bad through aging in 1 year but I doubt that. What I am saying is that all of a sudden 25 discs ripped last year with DVDFab 8 are unreadable. They all played fine at one point. And they play fine on PC. They are Verbatim discs. It seems obvious that a firmware update has rendered these discs unreadable.

I will have to burn new discs from the original ISO's to test, but I fear their is something else going on here.

Comment

If you took a firmware update on your player and now they won't play on it while they still play on the computer, I'd say you're screwed! May be time to consider an alternative to playing discs.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Doesn't this have more to do with the optical media used and not at all with the software? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like an issue the one thread about was talking about.

Comment

I burned a fresh one using the ISO & it still is not readable on standalone.

Comment

Just buy another player maybe a used one on amazon my Panasonic DMP-BD-75 is cinavia free and sells used for $30 or Refurbished $33.98 they mostly come with some kind of guarantee.

Last edited by glenns; 06-10-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I am using firmware 136 on my Panasonic BMP-BD75 I never upgraded firmware because their are no upgrades and i checked just now.I pulled some blu rays from 2009 White out some from 2011 Tactical force,Cowboys and aliens,Rise of the planet of the apes they had to be made with version 8 as version 9 wasn't around then.

I used optimum quantum blank 25 gig blu rays to make these they all played fine on the Panasonic that's only one model newer than the model you have.I did also try them in the computer drive that burned them two didn't play but after cleaning them even though they were in plastic sleeves they played fine so try cleaning the disks before anything else and try again.Also try different blank media as maybe it's only the brand of blanks you are using effected by the firmware upgrade.And don't forget burning speed should be half the disk rated speed for lasting blu rays that play on other machines.
                            Last edited by glenns; 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Will the original store bought BluRay disc play in the stand alone?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X