X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v9.1.5.0 from download Center No Blu-ray Protection removal

I downloaded and installed RE: From DVDFab Staff New!DVDFab 9.1.5.0 is out
    by Wilson.Wang from the Download Center

I have the complete suite Lifetime never expire... from way back when it was only DVDFab 8
    the download from the DVDFab Download Center gave Me DVDFab9150US...

I have the full DVDFab v9.1.4.6 on my system and able to copy Protected Blu-rays

I installed v9.1.5.0, this version I downloaded and activated Does NOT have Blu-ray Protection removal that all my former versions had...

Lucky that it did not replace DVDFab v9.1.4.6 on my system, So I just uninstalled v9.1.5.0 but does that mean if we have to download a new version from the download center that we will lose our Blu-ray Protection Removal feature?

Thank You... DVDFab is The BEST!!!

Originally posted by Holoperson View Post
    ......does that mean if we have to download a new version from the download center that we will lose our Blu-ray Protection Removal feature?

Thank You... DVDFab is The BEST!!!
    For US customers unfortunately it does, there is additional information on the website concerning this and we are preparing an announcement with more details. The company staff in Beijing appreciates your statement of support and understanding of a very difficult situation.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

For additional information, please see this FAQ on the DVDFab website: http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_...htm#how_to_faq
      It describes the situation relating to purchases, but the facts for updates are the same as I understand it. US users can also contact the service team via email for additional information. Use the Support link on the website. Extra staff has been scheduled to cope with the anticipated demand, but please be patient.

Note that this applies only to US customers/purchasers.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So for US users, when we try to upgrade from v9.1.4.6 to any new version now, including v9.1.5.0 we will lose the Blu-ray Protection Removal feature...

making v9.1.4.6 as the last Version US users to give Blu-ray Protection Removal...

What Happens to US users for New Blu-ray protections as we are stuck at v9.1.4.6

and is there any where US users can download the v9.1.4.6 install file that has the Blu-ray Protection Removal feature... as most of us just upgraded from the popup that came up in DVDFab itself and never saved the install file.

Thank You

Comment

I would suggest that everyone just follow Signals suggestion and read the info on the website.

All it takes is a quick Google, but the only bad thing is they used a Dot Com domain for it which could eventually become seized in due process as the original DVDFab domain was.

Comment

Protection removal

I have a question I live in Canada do we still have the protection or are we like the US, probably a stupid question but I would like to know.waiting for your reply. Thanks.

Comment

Please read the earlier info in posts #2 and 3, this applies only to the US. Also, note that I make no recommendations beyond saying that US users should read the FAQ on the website or contact the Service team.

Comment

I have a problem with the patch file. When I install it, it tells me I do not have DvdFab installed on my computer. I tried renaming the directory to read DvdFab 9 like it use to be labeled, but the patch still tells me there is no DvdFab installed. Will there be a new patch file created for (9.150 US)??? or am I stuck with a none working version now??

I should say I am only using the Dvd portion of the software (no Bluray)
                this should have been posted in the Dvd section.
                Last edited by egghead; 05-30-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Does this also apply to future DVD protections as well?
                  I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

I know I've seen a post from DVDFab when this all started stating that existing lifetime customers would ALWAYS continue to receive updates. But, I'm sure that's disappeared along with my lifetime license.

Gale

Comment

Originally posted by Gale View Post
                      I know I've seen a post from DVDFab when this all started stating that existing lifetime customers would ALWAYS continue to receive updates. But, I'm sure that's disappeared along with my lifetime license.

Gale
                      Yes, when BluFab came out (which stripped out the protection removal features like DVDFab US), DVDFab customers were told to stick to the existing product line and that the new stripped version would only apply to new customers.

Now we have 9.6.5.0 which turns out to basically be BluFab.

DVDFab is now a really nice, but expensive front end.

I'm really disappointed because we were supposed to be grandfathered in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gale View Post

Gale
                        You did read that because I read it too. Of course I can't find it now, not that it would matter apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                          You did read that because I read it too. Of course I can't find it now, not that it would matter apparently.
                          It's here: DVDFab v9 Confused about DVDFab and BluFab

Originally posted by Signals
                          As of today, the feature sets are identical and AFAIK always will be. To force a BluFab installation, you can try uninstalling DVDFab v9 first and a reg cleaning and reboot before running the installer (I have not tried this!). It looks for existing files to determine if it is a DVDFab installation. If you do the above, you may have to re-register it after installing. It is just a change in marketing, nothing more.
                          Originally posted by 90312
                          Did you guys read this with the last update?

DVDFab 9.1.3.6 for Windows (March 20, 2014)

As our marketing strategy adjusts, the two brands, DVDFab and BluFab, will coexist simultaneously, starting from this minor update 9.1.3.6. All the existing customers performing updates shall get DVDFab 9 back again, with identical capacities as you always have. This means, we will continue updating DVDFab 9 for existing customers in the future. Your lifetime licenses shall never expire!
                          So here's what I'm wondering... will anything be done to make up to existing customers? Without the decode functionality, all that's left is a GUI - which means we paid a lot of money for this GUI. To implement their suggestion requires spending 120 Euro for a lifetime solution - that's even more money. If this is not temporary will our licenses at least let us have access to the full GUI (i.e. Fab without decode, Clone without decode, etc)...?
                          Last edited by eisenb11; 05-30-2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

My advice is to leave past posts on this issue in the past and accept that litigation brings about change.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Is the US version still going to decrypt DVDs and keep up with latest protections?
                              I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                              X