Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Mike, DVD capabilities are not changed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will will be getting new BD+ support for newer disks soon it has been ages. I know what is going on at the moment but can you still have it for customers outside the usa dont know if you guys know but in the UK now you can legally make a back up of a blu ray and dvd disk

Comment

Be grateful Hollywood is not in the UK!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
          Will will be getting new BD+ support for newer disks soon it has been ages. I know what is going on at the moment but can you still have it for customers outside the usa dont know if you guys know but in the UK now you can legally make a back up of a blu ray and dvd disk
          Justin, check the facts. The BD+ list has been updated twice in the past 30 days, there is a thread that shows what is supported here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25136
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Cheers thanks didnt know what has been updated as in the releases it dosent say what has been update

Comment

You can still obtain the fully functional v9.1.5.0, you just need to get creative as you can no longer download it directly from the DVDFab website. I have found there are kind souls out there who have posted it elsewhere for download by those of us in the US who have purchased a lifetime license but are now screwed by the changes that have occurred. BitTorrent and Google are your friends.

Comment

Yes. That is what is confusing. We were told even in the US we who have lifetime licenses did not need to worry about the move to eliminate bluray archiving from our versions.

So the US thing, despite the explanation, is confusing.

Comment

Downloaded via torrents is just asking for virus trouble....

Comment

Originally posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
                    Downloaded via torrents is just asking for virus trouble....

Not really. Just have to use caution and your antivirus/malware programs. Been using torrents for years and never had one problem getting infected with anything.
                    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

I accept that the past is over and that litigation brings changes but I'd be interested in seeing what DVDFab can offer it's US customers as a consolation.

For example, this latest US release has the status of tried modules set back to trial status (rather than expired). If DVDFab is hoping US customers purchase additional products, that might be asking a bit much. If additional litigation is ever brought against other products, I don't want to be abandoned.

Comment

Jeffie
                        Please read the FAQ on the website, there are several free alternatives. The only things missing can't be sold to you if you are in the US, so they are not trying to sell you anything.

Comment

Signals,

I read that but I don't think that is sufficient. For many years, there have been competing payware as well as freeware products. The decision to go with DVDFab and their lifetime license was a conscious and deliberate action. I would hope they would come up with a better solution. For example, allow affected users to convert the Blu-ray to a DVD lifetime license. There may be other possibilities that would also be acceptable while complying with the legal realities.
                          Last edited by Jeffie; 06-01-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I would be more worried about the amount of time Fab can stay a company with out US. customers buying its blu ray products its bread and butter customer base.

Look at the Fab forum for other country's around the world there's only one part of the forum from overseas that have any numbers and that's Germany so by this you can tell most Fab sales that are forum members are from the US. Canada and the UK.

Also the other company's with decrypters who's to say there not on the hit list next?

Comment

Since DVDFab closed Blu-Ray decryption for US, I'm figuring it's only a matter of time now before it's forced to also close DVD decryption to US also. The recording industry has latched on to DVDFab and I don't think they are going to quit until DVDFab is finished for good. I think it's probably going to come sooner than later. US customers are going to be out in the cold pretty quick. Good luck to DVDFab to continue to exist with the US customer base. I think the clock is ticking now before DVDFab is gone forever.
                              Last edited by Mike89; 06-02-2014, 12:03 AM.
                              I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Don't state supposition as fact. In this case you are both wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X