Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm getting at is that some titles may playback just fine when selecting the m2ts file but there is no guarantee because Fab is copying the folder structure of the Blu-ray. The media player will have to support Blu-ray as if it was a disc.
    I would not go with an internal drive, go with an external. Either buy a optical drive for a desktop computer and mount it in a external enclosure or find a good quality usb type drive.
    25 hours to write only? Hard to say but it's more than likely related to your drive.

Comment

I think you guys are chasing your tails here.

All of this B/S about playing from folder, etc, etc, etc...

Do a test that everyone has been suggesting.

Rip the BD to an ISO, full disk.
      Mount the ISO with software suggested.
      Attempt to play the original with your software player.
      Attempt to play the ISO with your software player.

If this all works, then there are three potential problems

Your computer
      Your software player
      Your expectations or understanding of what you are trying to do with Fab or your computer.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

"Mount" meaning open the iso file with the media software?

Comment

NO mount meaning use a virtual drive like deamon tools to mount the ISO and then play with media softplayer

Comment

That means I'm in over my head because I don't know how to" mount" anything or the know how to attempt such a thing with out incurring headache and or damage to comp. I guess I will have to wait for mobile option although I am open to any other suggestions

Comment

I think you should invest some time learning this stuff so that you can get the best results that you can.

What we are saying is this:-

When you rip to an ISO file, this creates a Disk Image.
              For the software to play properly, it needs to think that there is an actual disk in a drive.
              What software like "virtual clone drive" does is just that. Once you install it, it then allows you to open the ISO disk image and your computer/software thinks that there is a disk in the drive and will play it properly. It as simple as opening a file.

Don't give up now, you are part way there and I can assure you that all of us "Old Hands" have been through what you are going through. It is a huge learning curve.

I will make a comment though. Portables (and I don't care who they are made by) are not great for doing this type of work and especially the MATSHITA drives. (Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread which is linked below and it points out some of the reasons).

So forewarned is forearmed.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So I get home from work, and last night i ripped half of gi joe to my comps hard drive, and as i said total theatre 3 said it was an ussuported format, weird thing is that i just got home from work and tried playing it agian and now it plays with sound and everything. do you think that maybe im having the problem ripping to the external hard drive, and like you said what i am trying to do is ripping to mobile which is not available yet?

Comment

Just wanted to tell Gregiboy AND W&B thanks for all of your help and patience on this subject and my NOOBNESS with this software. Your help was very informative and I learned ALOT. I am glad that I was able to lean on ya for info and support. Thanks again

Comment

I am uncertain if these will be useful suggestions, but here we go.

As a general thing, I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly, but I once was ripping some BD's and although I had unchecked certain tracks, the commentary audio
                    track was still highlighted, as it was the last one I had unchecked, and that was the one(or potentially one of a few) which was ripped. You should be able to hear which track is the commentary track using the preview. Make sure the one you actually want is the one highlighted after you have unchecked everything else. If I am actually remembering this correctly(perhaps not), it sounds like a potential error in the program needing correcting.

Also, as a general test, you could download and install the CCCP (combined community codec pack) and use the classic windows media player to test video files which were ripped to see which audio tracks are available. If you right click on the video, under the drop down list for Filters, the location of the video file on the hard drive should be listed, with an additional drop down list which should include the various audio tracks included in the file. Use this to see if the right one was even ripped.

Good luck

Comment

By the way, I am sorry, but I did not realize that there were multiple pages of posts, I had only read the first page before posting. I assume you were probably helped by someone with more knowledge of the program by now.

Comment

This thread has served its purpose and is now closed. Sherfer's unrelated comment has been deleted. Please start a new thread of your own if you are having problems with specific titles.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X