Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to suggest a complete uninstall of DVDFab 10 again.
    You shouldn't need to uninstall all of your DVDFab software.
    I know you already did this .
    I wanted to add to 3dman7's instructions .

First when you install DVDFab software make sure each version is installed in its' own folder in Program Files.
    For example I have versions 7,8,8QT,9,10, and Passkey installed this way.

In your user folder AppData/Roaming there may be a DVDFab 10 folder that the uninstall leaves.
    You need to delete this folder before reinstalling.
    Same as above for your DVDFab folder in Documents.
    The DVDFab reinstall will rebuild all of this.
    If you still have a DVDFab 10 folder still in Program Files you need to delete it. As well as any files in it.
    If it won't delete you may need to use a software like Unlocker to delete this folder outside of Windows .
    Reboot & run CCleaner again according to 3dman7's instructions.
    I usually run my defrag software after this & reboot one more time.

When you do reinstall make sure that 10 & all other versions have their own folder in Documents.
    Direct the folders & files in Common Settings to this folder.
    For example the Documents/DVDFab10 folder will have a BDInfo,Cinavia,Log,SceneData, and Temp folders.
    DVDFab 10 should use these folders .
    This keeps everything done by each version seperate.
    Very helpful for logs.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I am doing this. When I uninstalled I manually deleted all folders out of documents as well as program files 86 or whatever. Then made sure by going into uninstall programs feature and uninstalled/removed from there. Then ran ccleaner until there was nothing left. Upon reinstallation I made sure that all version downloaded into their own separate folders in program files 86. Now as far as directing folders and files in the common settings of the actual software program. I do not think I Checked this because it seems to go where it needs to by default. Am I leaving anything out? Oh and I rebooted. Now only thing I can add is that upon reinstallation, dvdfab10 and passkey both still activated with my email automatically. Dvdfab 9 required me to ma silly enter my email witch I thought was sort of strange. Why didn't fab10 and passkey have me enter it. How did they know.my email. They had all settings reset. Idk. Any help at all is appreciated. For now fab 9 is working with a few blu rays but not all example: xxx return of xander cage and kong skull island. Both store bouggt and in mint condition. They just automatically fail after anaylization in about a minute. And fab 10 wont do anything completes anaylization then pretends to copy for hours on end with timer getting stuck and progress never moving past 2% dvd works fine on both versions.

Comment

IIRC the last time I uninstalled version 10 I had to reactivate.
        I also believe that in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming a DVDFab folder was still there after the uninstall.
        Also in the C:\Users\username\Documents (MyDocuments) there are files still in the DVDFab folder. As well as the folder.
        I believe the Bin file may contain the leftover registration information but I don't know this for sure.
        If you don't have the DVDFab Documents folders separated by version & directed to the correct version folder .
        All versions use the same folder .
        I don't know if this causes problems & I just prefer to have the information & maybe settings in their own separate folders.

Since I'm using a 32-bit OS on the computer I have DVDFab software installed on it doesn't have the Program Files 86 & Program Files like a 64-bit OS .

I had a different problem as my reason to uninstall.
        I had made some stricter Windows Firewall settings & DVDFab was getting some blank or white screens .
        I believe both using Ripper.
        I didn't change the firewall settings back but a complete uninstall & reinstall of DVDFab fixed the problem .
        The only program I had done anything with was the firewall . So that had to be the cause & I don't know what was changed with the reinstall but after that DVDFab was back to working.

I will add the installation may not be the problem .
        I just thought it could be & maybe you didn't uninstall throughly enough.
        Maybe you did.

If the installation isn't the problem .
        My thought is there is a problem with connecting to DVDFabs' server for getting BD & Cinavia information & correction.
        When DVDFab software doesn't get the information it needs it stops .
        For you this occurs at 2%.
        That is why other members suggest unchecking PathPlayer and/or Cloud.
        Or checking them if they are already unchecked.
        Same for the Cinavia setting. I believe all of those contact DVDFab servers.

You might try Turning off your Windows Firewall & reboot & see if that helps.
        I have my security fairly tight & I don't have any exclusions for DVDFab in any of it .
        Except Windows Firewall .
        I hope this helps.

Comment

Ok I did the reinstall and did the uninstall from the programs. This worked better and asked me to activate. I was able to run a blu ray in fab 10 100% but This was because of main movie mode. For some reason that is the default mode and I was so happy that it worked but then seen It was only main movie mode. It still will not work in full disc mode.

Comment

From your newest logs:
            This is starting to look like a compression issue with Fab version 10 so go into fab settings for GPU check use all software lightning recording and lightning shrink should be unchecked and it will be a lot slower (you were using a older version of Cuda before) then try to compress the full disk and see if this works.
            Last edited by 3dman7; 09-22-2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

fab 10.txt

Comment

I could see the list of read errors at the end of the log but I have no idea what caused this.
                Since your drive can read & complete Mainmovie the drive should be OK.

The problem has to be in the difference between reading a BD disc for a full disc.
                The menu would be my first thought .
                Second when you use Mainmovie are there any Audio tracks or subtitles you select to remove?
                Those would be the main differences between Mainmove & fulldisc.

I have limited experience with BD & there are others that can help a lot better with this & may see something in the log.

I have used DVDFab a long time & have done a complete uninstall many times to get it working .
                That is where I thought I could help with the problem you are having.
                That seems to have helped a bit.

Comment

It has helped. Also I am able to use full disc mode on earlier versions of fab 10. I am not disabling audio streams at all

Comment

I believe this narrows the problem down to the menu or extras like previews & warnings.
                    Depending on if you are removing the any extras when using full disc.
                    The small percentage before freezing also points to this area.

Since earlier versions of 10 are working for you the problem has to be the new versions that no longer work.
                    I doubt it is your computer or OS causing the problem.
                    The solution will have to come from DVDFab .
                    I sure don't have one.

Comment

My take is the disks are damaged or defective and may work for main movie because the damage may be to the area where the menu is and may work in other versions or the same fab version once but not again as the drive may be able to read a damaged disk if it slowed down by it's internal firmware when coming to a bad area on a disk.A good way to see if these disks are damaged is to use the free program VSO inspector to do a surface and file scan to see if the disk is damaged I am willing to bet this is the problem.Get VSO inspector here do a file and surface scan with the disk in drive it will take awhile and report all results of the 2 scans then we will know if the disks are bad. http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php
                      If the disk is damaged here is a free data recovery program to see if you can save the data on the disk or use another good copy of the disk.

Last edited by 3dman7; 09-23-2017, 06:59 PM. Reason: Added data recovery program

Comment

This thread has gone on far too long and is now closed. The developers may read and re-open it.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X