X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From DVDFab Staff New Features-CinaviaRemoval HD and HEVC

All,

Despicable C
    The long-awaited day has finally arrived when DVDFab can offer you relief from the annoying watermarking protection known as Cinavia. This built-in solution from the DVDFab labs is seamlessly integrated with the BD Copy and Ripper modules in DVDFab (currently), is very easy to use and only adds a few minutes* (10-15) to processing time in Blu-ray Copy. It will be improved and expanded as development continues. You can find a list of currently supported Blu-ray titles here on the Reference Lists tab along with lots of other detailed information. New titles are added frequently, so check often. Is it free? Unfortunately not, the development and support costs for this process are high, so it must be sold as a new Module. You can use it now in trial mode at no charge or purchase it for US$69 (1 year) or $99 for Lifetime.

Speed Demon
    DVDFab and Nvidia now bring you an incredible increase in speed and quality for your conversions in Ripper and Converter with the addition of CUDA support for h265/HEVC in DVDFab. It is about 30X faster than CUDA h264** and delivers great images and reasonable file sizes. It is part of DVDFab v9.2.2.1 Beta or later at no additional charge. The supported nvidia cards list has been updated, please see the new information in this post: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?p=181757&postcount=27
    Several other issues have been clarified and updated in this post http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...6&postcount=30

Feedback and questions

If you have questions after reading the linked resources in the release notes (http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28302) or would like to offer feedback on either feature, please post it in this thread. Please report any problems you encounter, as well as results you obtain, good or bad. The developers needs this information for continued improvements.

*this can vary depending on several factors
    **depends on your current equipment

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

Many requests for easier access to the supported titles list, will try to bring a copy to the forum if the "Boss" has no objection so you can grab it here.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Attention Existing All-In-One Lifetime users

ATTENTION

Existing customers with All-In-One Lifetime license will be able to purchase the new module at 50% discount but only for 30 days. The method of delivering the discount will be announced later. The new module will be included in All-In-One going forward.

Comment

Cinavia module system requirements?

So regarding the new module to remove the dreaded C, this site lists the system requirements as needing a full 1tb of free hard drive space and running a Nvidia 260 or above graphics card. Why? Please explain?
        Last edited by rob357mag; 12-22-2015, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I can't imagine, must be a typo. Most discs require about 1GB for the temp file, some even less. The video card is not really involved in the anti-Cinavia process as far as I know, but I will try to find out for sure.

Comment

you don't mention the dreaded C on standard dvds.
            will it remove it from standard, or is this separate issue?

will it remove it from a disk that has already been copied?

Comment

Are minimum CPU / GPU requirements?

The reason I ask this is it's been a while since I last upgraded my system. It's still a good system, but not as good as newer systems.

1st generation core i7 920
              AMD HD5770 video card
              16 GB memory
              12 TB storage
              USB 3.0
              2 - DVD Burners
              1 - BlueRay Burner

I know, I've been planning to upgrade to a new system soon and I've got a brand new un-used Windows 7 Ultimate sitting here just waiting to be used for a new home built system.

Comment

I think what you have should work fine for Cinavia removal, but results on your platform for HEVC will not be what others have reported (no nvidia card=software decode/encode h265=agonizing slowness).

Comment

Hi Dow
                  1)not presently
                  2)probably not ever, due to the problem of automatically recognizing a disc that is not the original and the testable signature of which can vary tremendously depending on the copy mode and settings used to make it.

Originally posted by dow View Post
                  you don't mention the dreaded C on standard dvds.
                  will it remove it from standard, or is this separate issue?

will it remove it from a disk that has already been copied?

Comment

So, are we to assume that if we want new updates to the Blu-Ray Copy module, that we will have to purchase the new one with the Cinavia fix? I don't need the Cinavia fix if I'm putting everything to Hard Drive for playback, correct? Will there be 2 different modules available, one with the fix & one without?

Comment

No, you do not have to buy the Cinavia fix, the Copy and Ripper modules will continue to work as they always have.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        ATTENTION

Existing customers with All-In-One Lifetime license will be able to purchase the new module at 50% discount but only for the next 30 days. The method of delivering the discount will be announced later. The new module will be included in All-In-One going forward.
                        Sorry, so we can get lifetime for $50 and the process will be announced soon? Via email or on the forum?

Comment

Unknown for sure at this time, I will update the thread when it is fixed up or you may get an email. For similar things in the past, they used a special link inside your account in the Member Center to go to a Buy Now page with the discount. I have suggested that since it avoids the problems with bounced or spam-foldered emails.

Comment

I just installed the newest DVDFab beta - and "cinavia removal" is just another item included in the list of options (ie. DVD Copy, BD Copy, etc.) so it doesn't seem to be a separate program at all - just another option in Fab that is either activated or not based on your license.

Comment

That is correct. It is "standalone" only in the sense that it is sold that way, sort of like a plugin. It's not usable without the rest of the DVDFab framework.

Comment

Working...
                              X