No announcement yet.

Crashes when reading dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remember if it's suggested in Maineman's Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds (if it is ignore this post) but if all else fails open common settings with the problem dvd in the drive and click the "send info files" and include a link to this thread. Or click "save info files" and place in a zip file/folder (not sure if the forum allows rar files to be attached) and attach to a post in this thread so the devs can take a look at them. You have to click "Go advanced" and then click the paper clip icon.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Can't remember if it's suggested in Maineman's Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds (if it is ignore this post) but if all else fails open common settings with the problem dvd in the drive and click the "send info files" and include a link to this thread. Or click "save info files" and place in a zip file/folder (not sure if the forum allows rar files to be attached) and attach to a post in this thread so the devs can take a look at them. You have to click "Go advanced" and then click the paper clip icon.

I wish I could Here is my screen shot... As I can't not get dvdfab to get beyond this screen, with this dvd..
      Attached Files

Comment

If you have not done so, fill in and submit the crash report that I see behind the dialog box on your desktop.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Data636 View Post
          I wish I could Here is my screen shot... As I can't not get dvdfab to get beyond this screen, with this dvd..
          You should be able to click Cancel as soon as the it pops up scanning box then use the send/save info function. Fab doesn't have to open the dvd to send the info files I'm almost positive.

Comment

I agree with my good friends, signals and W&B...definitely send Fengtao the crash report.

I still think you should try an older version of Fab. Worth a shot anyway.
            Most of us "old-timers" keep a few older versions around for exactly this reason.

The older major versions Fab 2.xxx -Fab 7.xxx will install in separate follders and run independently of one another.
            You can also install and run different versions within the same major releases, eg., Fab 8.xxx, but you will have to manually modify folder name/location to do this.

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Often, an older version of Fab will work where recent releases fail.
            My pal Gruñón has an "old apps" link in his sig....check it out.

One of my all-time favorites is v.4120.
            If you need this one, let me know and I'll get it to you.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              You should be able to click Cancel as soon as the it pops up scanning box then use the send/save info function. Fab doesn't have to open the dvd to send the info files I'm almost positive.
              In this case (with v8.0.8.5) that would probably work, but be aware that the Qt versions often crash when cancelling the opening scan of a DVD. Some of the Info files will be missing if the scan is not completed, but the IFO files and some other data will be sent, better than nothing for sure.

I would suggest putting DVDFab in "low stress mode": in Common Settings, 1) turn off the read ahead cache 2) turn off auto-start and auto-open of the Preview window and 3) as a last resort, turn off PathPlayer. This must be done with no disc(s) in the optical drive(s).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X