Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, well 7 is not a supported O/S (YET) by Fab and, from your experience, you should know that things will not settle down on this O/S until at least SP1.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Yeah, well 7 is not a supported O/S (YET) by Fab and, from your experience, you should know that things will not settle down on this O/S until at least SP1.
      Vista is and therefore since the application architecture and framework is identical, it should work seamlessly and without issue if compatible with Vista. The fact is that 7 even relies on Vista drivers since the certification process is the same. Plus, I have been running it on 7 since the beta, nearly a year now and its on RTM which functions flawlessly so far, minor bugs expected of course but not this.
      Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

Try out 6.1.0.0 beta and see if that helps GµårÐïåñ
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Yes, I am going to check it out right now. From the changelog, it seems it wasn't my imagination and there really was an error there like I said.

Fix: A "Visual C++ Runtime Library" error for floating point support.

> "DVD to DVD" option:
          Fix: Playable content may be removed in very special case when PathPlayer is enabled. Hopefully it's been fixed permanently now.

Comment

No one doubted that you experienced an error, we just could not duplicate it on our systems. Hope the fix takes care of it.

Originally posted by GµårÐïåñ View Post
            Yes, I am going to check it out right now. From the changelog, it seems it wasn't my imagination and there really was an error there like I said.

Fix: A "Visual C++ Runtime Library" error for floating point support.

> "DVD to DVD" option:
            Fix: Playable content may be removed in very special case when PathPlayer is enabled. Hopefully it's been fixed permanently now.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              No one doubted that you experienced an error, we just could not duplicate it on our systems. Hope the fix takes care of it.
              Seemed that way. As I recall everyone said in the original discussion that if it was an error the whole world would be raising hell about it, or something to that effect, recall?

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Something apparently corrupted the installation process. It installed and runs fine in XP SP3, and VSO is still present as a choice for the burning engine. I have not seen any posts from other Vista or 7 users, but that doesn't mean it is not happening. If it happens as soon as you click Start, you might try forcing Fab to use ASPI I/O in Common Settings.
              Wasn't the installation.

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
              Mentioning corrupt installers, when 6069 was released I d/led and went to install but got an error pertaining to just that, 1st time I ever had to re-d/l an installer. might be something to check out. Just thought I'd mention it
              Wasn't corrupt.

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
              Hey Buddy I guess it's time to send off for a new key.
              Key wasn't the issue, although given that me and a few others with brand new keys are shown as trial is an issue still.

Have you ever thought that it may be your installations?

I've NEVER had a problem and neither have a lot of other users....
              Wasn't the installation and either enough people WERE having problems for it to be fixed or just didn't report it, or you just didn't know which doesn't mean it isn't happening.

From my 40+ years experience in the IT industry, issues such as yours always seem related to security issues of the operating system.

This is borne out by the fact that Vista Home security is less than optimal and users are continually having problems with registration on this O/S.
              Wasn't a security issue, despite our aggregate experience.

Has nothing to do with windows 7.

So yeah I guess no one did say there is no problem, we just all agreed it was my fault.

Comment

Well for the time being, the VC++ error is no longer but the key showing as Trial is a problem still. Other people with brand new keys are having the same problem which is unacceptable. The keys don't suddenly stop functioning without good reason unless someone screwed the pooch messing with the registration routine, not the first time fab has screwed that one up, or something is wrong with the algorithm which is going to affect more people in time if not immediately. Asking people to send in for a new key every time someone messes up the reg system is not acceptable either.

Companies with far more expensive and worthwhile to protect applications don't spend this much time on the registration and actually try to work on the application working right. It seems every other release fengtao or someone is screwing with the registration routine like its fort knox they are trying to protect. Now if they didn't screw it up so much, I wouldn't care but this is ridiculous. Now of course all of you who have NOT had a problem could care less but it is a bother to enough of the people to be a problem.
                Last edited by GµårÐïåñ; 09-26-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

GµårÐïåñ,

i havent re-read the entire thread. so you may have already tried this. but its worth another try anyway.

i understand you are frustrated, i would be too. please try to keep negative personal feelings out of the forum. thanks
                  Last edited by troy512; 09-26-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
                    GµårÐïåñ,

i havent re-read the entire thread. so you may have already tried this. but its worth another try anyway.

i understand you are frustrated, i would be too. please try to keep negative personal feelings out of the forum. thanks
                    I am frustrated but I have never brought personal feelings into it and I have always respected the effort of others and been respectful. If something is an issue, however, unflattering it should be noted, not hidden or asked to be not mentioned, right troy Let's be fair here, I have had issues with every 6.x release since it has been done. Check the forum (CDS side since this wasn't here at the time) and I have been more than patient despite serious and real issues. Have I not?

As for the solution, I ALWAYS run the installers as admin and always supply registration as admin on the first run, that has been done and you are right, not the issue here but thanks for checking into it.

Comment

GµårÐïåñ,

Since you brought it up however, let me say that people who are self appointed experts, have been around a long time and so have more friends than I have and exert influence by belittling the issues presented or undermining the user, or not consider that they are experienced and have experience as well if not more than most here and try to blame the user for problems instead of acknowledging a real issue exists, THAT my friend is personal, not responding properly and standing my ground and then making clear they were wrong. We are all adults and if we can't take what we dish, then its kinda pathetic no? Despite knowing that more than half the suggestions were not relevant, I tried them, I checked them out and respectfully thanked the person who offered it. But when I am told to back down and shut up (maybe not in so many words but read between the lines) because the almighty know better then yeah that is offensive and should not happen, so if i respond to it, I am not the one who started it or brought my personal feelings into it, I am simply responding.

I write software for government contracts, mostly military and intel agencies. I have been doing it since I was 14 (yes, 14 because I was the first to hack a system that was considered unhackable). I don't brag, I don't pretend to be better than anyone, I don't talk down to anyone and I don't try to pull rank because I have been on the forum longer and managed to pump my posts to look more active than I really am. If I can't offer anything relevant or particular, I usually keep my mouth shut, being as i am human, I am sure I have violating that rule of my own here and there but not often. I support national and international organizations with IT needs that would make the average person crap themselves just thinking about it, I support a multitude of applications, many my own and many by others. I supervise teams to build them as well, so I think with a certain earned expertise, I can speak on many thinks with authority but I still take the modest "newbie" position out of respect. Companies like M$, Adobe, Norton, etc pay me and my consulting firm nearly 3 million a year to debug and find problems with their applications. I have access to their proprietary source code often years before the public even knows they are in the works. Anyway, for the record it should be noted, that I am ALWAYS respectful but I am also a retired Marine officer (Major Mike) and not a pushover, I will stand and fight for my belief and position, despite being outnumbered or even labeled as an ass. Those who get to know me know that I am a nice guy, despite first impressions but many choose to take offense and take the adversarial position, which is unfortunate. This medium leaves alot to be desired when it comes to human interactions and can be misinterpreted too easily. But for the record you know where I stand and know that I will never strike first and I follow a code of honor in my dealings with ANYONE, even my enemies, so why would I not extend that to people here I consider friends?
                      Last edited by GµårÐïåñ; 09-26-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

But when I am told to back down and shut up (maybe not in so many words but read between the lines) because the almighty know better then yeah that is offensive
                        sorry you have felt offended. thanks for the friend request.

Comment

sorry you have felt offended. thanks for the friend request.
                          It wasn't you, they know they are or they should at least. Thanks for the accept

Comment

Everyone has had a chance to vent and express their opinion. There is nothing constructive that can be added to the discussion. This thread is closed.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                            X