Size: 7,794,575,360 bytes
    Time: 845:47:70 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
    Session 1... (LBA: 0)
    -> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3805944)
    -> LeadOut (LBA: 3805945)

Track Information:
    Session 1...
    -> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 3805945, LRA: 3805944)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded - L0):
    Book Type: DVD-ROM
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
    Number of Layers: 2
    Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
    Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,376,888
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,201,439

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded - L1):
    Book Type: DVD-ROM
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
    Number of Layers: 2
    Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
    Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,376,888
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,201,439

Layer Information:
    Layer 0 Sectors: 2,004,832 (52.68%)
    Layer 1 Sectors: 1,801,113 (47.32%)

Comment

Hey that sounds weird....

Time: 845:47:70 (MM:SS:FF) ????? see above info from ImgBurn

Comment

whole disc produces a even bigger output file. ImgBurn engine produces a 7GB iso.

Im going to try cloning

At this rate I might need to go buy, 1 DVD+R-DL !!! hahaha

Comment

A clone of the disc is 7.6GB

I am going to create dvd folders for a main movie run, then use those and run it thru main movie a second time... Double compression should look terrible, but it will be interesting to see if it works..

Comment

You know if the disc is reporting a running time of 845 minutes, but is actually 207. Maybe that would do it ?

The ImgBurn info screen shows Time: 845:47:70 (MM:SS:FF)

Comment

845:47:70 (MM:SS:FF)
              the time reported by ImgBurn is not a typical run time of a film.

without trying to get to technical, this 'time' goes back to 74 min cd's, where the time on the disc has a relation to the sectors.

Comment

Wow.....

Running it thru DVDFab twice still didn't do it. It did make it smaller still tho. After doing

Orginal disc >> main movie >> folders 57% quality
                folders >> main movie >> ISO 76% quality

This produced a 5.1GB ISO according to Nero which refused to burn it to a DVD-R

I am now going to do a TRIPLE pass thru DVDFab ! hahahaha... Why not !! Plus I want to see what ultimately results ? Maybe the resulting picture might show something interesting..

It seems like the compression is having some weird problem. So lets look at what results..

Comment

This has gotten to be pretty interesting and its like a detective story. I do gotta know now what it is..

Comment

JEEZEEEE...

Triple is NOT ENOUGH...

But im getting closer...

4.88GB after a triple pass...

So im gonna go for 4

Comment

Just to add to it I compressed 4 hr and 12 minute without problem. So it is your disc which is the problem here.
                      If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

I agree..

The disc itself is fine, perfect new condition. I have watched all of it. Everything seems fine...

Something about the original MPEG encoding on the disc causing the DVDFab compression to create to big a output ? Too many B frames or something maybe..

I donno...

SOooOoOo...

After running it thru DVDFab 5 TIMES it made it small enough to fit on a dvd-r 5. It was as you can imagine a MPEG disaster. However I am going to keep the results because its a great way to show compression artifacts

I think its TRULY amazing that even after it went thru DVDFab compression once DVDFab was still unable to compress it correctly. Even the second time it was still coming out too big.. So the issue survived a compression ?!?! and existed in the output..

I did rip some other discs inbetween with no issues at all...

YES its something in the MPEG bitstream of THIS DVD...

I REALLY want to know what it is too..

Im going to try compressing it to a file and see what happens then..

I cant keep the disc. So I am making a clone ISO and I will also keep a folder version of the main movie... I dont have DVD+R-DL handy...

I think its something very weird with the MPEG encoding on the disc and that is causing a weird reaction from the compression algorythms being used by DVDFab...

But that is just a compete guess.. I think thats about all it could be...

Comment

I think I am going to order that DVD from amazon just to tinker with it and DVDFab but glad you got a DVD5 back up after multiple compression tries

Comment

well,,,,,, yea I got a backup all right.. Hhehehehe... You should see it. There is a very bad thing called cascading CODECS. Its where you use the some compression over and over.. Makes the output horrible. I had never seen it in real life. Boy lemme tell,,,, dont run something thru DVDFab 5 times. What emerges is almost not video !..

Its a great example of MPEG tho. Still parts of the scene are perfectly clear, anything moving turns into macro blocks of nasty chunks of color blocks. Also everything that moves pulses at like 1 second rates.

CLASSIC horrid MPEG... BUT very interesting...

I am very interested in what is wrong.. Im currently compressing to "mobile" and have it set to a fixed file size output of 4GB and some resolution settings I dont remember immd and im doing a MP4 CODEC and double pass, 128kbs sound. I forgot how long this type of compression takes. Espically double pass. The question is will it hit the fixed file size or be way off like in the DVD...

I donno... I keep thinking something else is wrong. Something simple and obvious. But I have no idea what.. It does other discs fine.. Im going to completly reinstall DVDFab just to be sure tomorrow. I have tried using other DVD drives to read it.

The video is very clean. Its a very high quality transfer and compression on the disc. Watching it you really are shocked by the quality of the transfer, thats kinda stunning considering its compressed to fit it into the dvd space..It makes me wonder if they did something non-standard.. They made lots of room for it on the disc. There are NO extras at all, only that one title and a FBI warning. No menus. Only one audio track. The subtitles are embeded on the video. nothing but the movie on the disc.

I actually really like this kinda stuff and I have some background in professional digital video, so I understand a little about whats going on. There is something in this bit stream thats -really- not normal. Most likely it breaks standards or something. Or,,, who knows maybe its some type of copy protection ?? If not, maybe it should be !!!

I will report back here on the results of the fixed file size compression to "mobile".

You know,,,, I should do a main movie to folders and use a player and play the folder files and make sure nothing weird is being output.

I really need a DVD+R-DL..
                            Last edited by troy512; 09-26-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Try DVDShrink?

No disrespect to DVDFab, and I'm a longtime user... but just for testing purposes, try running DVDShrink on the ripped movie that's stored on your hard drive currently, and see if you get the same result. Be careful of bogus DVDShrink websites when you download it--DVDShrink is free, and version 3.2.0.15 is the final official release. I'm curious as to what the problem with this movie might be...

Comment

If you make an uncompressed (DVD9 size) rip of the movie to your hard drive and then run that through VOB Passthrough in DVD to Mobile, you can look at the MPEG-2 stream with a free program called MPEG Validator (google). It will show the GOP structure and a graph of the video bitrate vs.time.
                                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                                X