Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing here but I bet it will.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

As I recall, you just copy the MP4 movie to your iTunes Movies library, the next time you plug it in, it should automatically copy it onto the iPad. This depends to some extent on your iTunes settings. You do not need an app to play it, the capability is built-in.

Don't forget to turn off write caching on all removable media. If the FAT was trashed on the original jump drive, it may be on its last legs, they do wear out.
      Originally posted by Wolfpackron View Post
      Case closed!
      I used another Lexar thumb drive and it worked perfectly. I had previously tried a WD My Passport Ultra hard drive with no success. I use it to back up my computer and occasionally I have to "unlock" it to make it work. I will have to learn how to use it next.

I have been working on this problem for a long time. Thanks again.

How do I copy a DVD to an Ipad? I do not have a clue. Do I have to have an app to play a movie? Any suggestions?

WolfpackRon.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

And additionally FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit. If you want to try main movie iso file you won't be able to save it on a FAT32 drive.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Is that a file size of 4 gb or total size of 4 gb on the drive. After I formatted the drive with Fat32, I transferred approx. 4 movies to the drive and started having problems again. The first 4 movies worked fine, then the next movie would not play. The thumb drive may be going south as mentioned before. Non of the movies was much over 1gb. Anyway, the problem is fixed.

Comment

Is that a file size of 4gb or a total size of 4gb? I transferred 4 movies that worked fine, then the next movie would not work. May be the thumb drive is going south as was mentioned before. I was not able to format using NTFS, therefore I used Fat32. My main problem is pretty much figured out. Thanks again,
            WolfpackRon.

Comment

The FAT32 limit is for each individual file. 4GB -1 byte each. How many you can put on the thumb drive depends on the size of the drive.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X