Status of Cinavia protection removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
    Have any of you guys explored the option of playing DVD/Blu-ray movie files that contain Cinavia on devices that don't support the detection of Cinavia?

There a still plenty of such devices!
    I bought as cheap dvd player and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by moviegurl View Post
      I bought as cheap dvd player and it works fine.
      If anyone's interested...

Many Blu-ray disc players, even Sony Blu-ray disc players, offer the ability to play Cinavia infested .mkv files (without triggering the players Cinavia circuit) if the .mkv files are stored and accessed via a USB connected HDD...

Cheers
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I just put them a thumb drive, insert into usb port on TV and watch..

Comment

DVDBR Player

Movie Girl what is the brand name of the cheap player you bought that will
          play them?

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by ccbart View Post
            I just put them a thumb drive, insert into usb port on TV and watch..
            Tried that but got error while writing or reading. Will retry. What program do
            you use to copy it to the thumb drive. I tried DVDFab 9

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
              Tried that but got error while writing or reading. Will retry. What program do
              you use to copy it to the thumb drive. I tried DVDFab 9
              you'll have to find out what formats your TV will play.
              look in your TV's instruction manual.

Comment

Probably the DVD or BD Ripper module in DVDFab, converting them to MP4 files.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Cinavia

Well it looks like there's finally a solution for Cinavia.
                  I just received an email about it and you will need to purchase the software. Unfortunately it is not FREE with a normal upgrade and it doesn't appear to be compatible with DVCOPY.
                  I was under the assumption that the fix would come with a regular upgrade, but no such luck.

Comment

The fix has been very expensive to produce and does not currently support DVD. There is a thread about it in the Blu-ray Copy forum if you want more information.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Are there plans to include standard DVD in the new product?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                        Are there plans to include standard DVD in the new product?
                        I sure hope so but as usual DVDFab WILL figure it out and come to our rescue, they always have, it just takes a little waiting on our part.

Thanks again to DVDFab and their crew for this wonderful program of which
                        I have been a lifetime subscriber for a long time.

Comment

They have actually already done some of the work for DVD Support, and it will continue, probably after the Chinese New Year holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
                            I sure hope so but as usual DVDFab WILL figure it out and come to our rescue, they always have, it just takes a little waiting on our part.

Thanks again to DVDFab and their crew for this wonderful program of which
                            I have been a lifetime subscriber for a long time.

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            They have actually already done some of the work for DVD Support, and it will continue, probably after the Chinese New Year holiday.

I recall reading elsewhere around the 'net about Cinavia being impossible to address due to the technical aspects of imbedding into the audio track.

This is quite an accomplishment from DVDFab.

Comment

Jurassic World is a must title it has cinavia on standard blu ray, 3d version and dvd version some versions from different countries dont have cinavia though.

Comment

Titles will be added ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X