Crop uncrop messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    Seems to me the output frame size should not be "remembered" at all. It will likely be different for each disc that has a different aspect ratio if cropping is on anyway.

The resolution will not be remembered when setting as default profile in 9179.

@jsmiddleton4, please delete the old default profile and save a new one in V9179.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      Hi coolala,

I'm using the latest version V9177. And converted video is fine when conveting the sample ISO file to 852*480.
      Playback on VLC.

1. Open the sample ISO file and select profile "MP4".
      2. The resolution is 632x332 in auto crop. It should be the actual movie size without the black bar.
      3. Change resolution to 852*480 in Advanced settings.
      4. Start convert.

Would you please follow my steps and try again?

Wilson
      Thanks for the follow up on this... I found that with the auto-crop set as the edit, the output file was properly scaled up to 856x480 in this case. However, if I do manual crop (in case auto-crop doesn't detect the black bar properly) then the small box effect still happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
        Hi,

I suppose that maybe DVDFab read the Aspect Ratio incorrectly with the DVD source.

Resolution 640x480 but the video is 16:9, this DVD type is rare.
        Would you please upload a shot sample file to us?

Please check your PM message.

Wilson
        This is still an issue when I have auto-crop disabled. If I use auto-crop then it scales up properly. If I manually adjust the crop bar, then small box effect happens. Any update on this please?

Comment

Any plan on fixing this?

This is still an issue on 9215. Do you have any plan to fix this please? Thanks.

Comment

while auto-crop works fine and custom-crop has small box effect, every other settings remain identical. Could you pass this info to the developer and compare the source code of 2 setting? I hope that would help fixing the issue which didn't exist in the past. Thanks!

Comment

The effect depends to some extent on the way the source was encoded. I will pass it along as a reminder.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

outstanding issue for 2 years

Originally posted by coolala View Post
                while auto-crop works fine and custom-crop has small box effect, every other settings remain identical. Could you pass this info to the developer and compare the source code of 2 setting? I hope that would help fixing the issue which didn't exist in the past. Thanks!
                It's been almost 2 years and along with the new release of DVDFab 10, this is still an issue and I really hope that this could be fixed.

Comment

This issue / bug has been restricting my usage of DVD Fab for at least more than 3 years now (see the time stamp in this post). Would someone review this and have it fixed please? Many thanks!

Comment

I will pass it along again.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X