Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper cuda hevc gtx 970

In dvdfab 9223 with gtx 970 windows 10 64bit
    can't enable CUDA for HEVC video decoder.

here is mydxdiag
    http://pastebin.com/QTFeQ49g ,
    have last version of nvidia dirvers 361.43
    thanks

Your sceenshot says a 960 not a 970. My EVGA 970 works fine with 9.2.2.3 and indicate a 970.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
      Your sceenshot says a 960 not a 970. My EVGA 970 works fine with 9.2.2.3 and indicate a 970.
      is because i used the picture of dvdfab page
      here are my pictures and a video with my problem

YouTube でお気に入りの動画や音楽を楽しみ、オリジナルのコンテンツをアップロードして友だちや家族、世界中の人たちと共有しましょう。

i have evga gtx 970 acx 1.0

Comment

Please use your own pictures, this causes confusion. Please check the log folder and attach the fabcheck.log file, also the most recent log session in the DVDFab internal log. You might try rolling back to the driver shown in the DVDFab capture. instructions for attaching logs are linked in my sig, below. What Source do you have that requires HEVC decoding?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Please use your own pictures, this causes confusion. Please check the log folder and attach the fabcheck.log file, also the most recent log session in the DVDFab internal log. You might try rolling back to the driver shown in the DVDFab capture. instructions for attaching logs are linked in my sig, below. What Source do you have that requires HEVC decoding?
          here

Last edited by jonaand; 12-26-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Please attach the files here, looks like you are promoting file hosting services.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same Problem by MSI GTX 960 OC 4GD5T

Hello Support,

by me is the same Problem with a MSI GTX 960 OC 4GD5T Video Card
              Click image for larger version

Name:	GTX960.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	313733

Comment

Hello,

I also use the latest DVDFab 9.2.2.3 and have a 980 GTX installed.
                Win 10 and latest drivers.
                I can use cuda but I can not check mark that HEVC to use CUDA.
                It gives me the same error message as for the others.

Do I need to clean deinstall DVDFab and drivers?
                How can I fix this?

Greetings,
                cadkiwi
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a 980GTX Asus Matrix also, why would you need to decode with it? Do you even know what decoding is? The program encodes just fine with 980GTX,
                  thats what makes H265 from H264 or any other format.
                  Decoding is the reverse process of encoding, which converts encoded information back in to its original format. Encoded data can be easily decoded using standard methods. For example, decoding Binary Coded Decimal requires some simple calculations in base-2 arithmetic. Decoding ASCII values is a straightforward process since there is a one to one mapping between characters and numbers. The term decoding is also used for digital to analog conversion. In the filed of communication, decoding is the process of converting received messages in to a message written using a specific language. This process is not straight forward as the previously mentioned decoding schemes, since the message could be tampered due to the noise in the channels used for communication. Decoding methods such as Ideal observer decoding, maximum likelihood decoding, minimum distance decoding, etc are used for decoding messages sent via noisy channels.
                  Encoding and decoding are two opposite processes. Encoding is done with the intension of increasing the usability of data in different systems and to reduce the space required for storage, while decoding converts encoded information back in to its original format. Encoding is done using publicly available methods and it can be easily reversed (decoded). For example, ASCII encoding is just a mapping between characters and numbers. So decoding it is straight forward. But decoding messages sent via a noisy channels will not be straight forward, because the message could be tampered with noise. In such instances decoding involves complex methods that are used to filter out the effect of noise in the message.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Chameleon; 12-28-2015, 09:17 PM.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Just to complicate things:
                    Attached Files
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

very strong

How can it be, what is different from us ?
                      Ok this is only cosmetcic, Decoder is not so important...
                      Encoder is running very well best FPS for ever

Comment

More complication, decoder is working:
                        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

What I tried to say is that it doesnt matter, people use HEVC to make H265, not use H265 to make H264. You dont need it to use the decoder.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                            Just to complicate things:
                            Are you going to tell us what setting you used or is it just an anomaly because the 980GTX does not have any decoding language top read. Plus when ripping you are encoding not decoding. Unless you are ripping H265 to H264 or something backwards.
                            Last edited by Chameleon; 12-29-2015, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I'll tell you anything you want to know I'm just not sure what setting you're interested in knowing. The screenshot is for an H.265 MP4 default settings.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X