DRIOD X Video Profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    I will have a Droid X this week and will be working on a profile for it. I will post it in the New Profiles thread when it is done.
    Hey guys. New to the forum, and I actually joined just because I've got a droid X and am looking to convert some movies to it for an upcoming trip. I'm running DVDFab v6 and am looking to use it to do the necessary conversions....

Anyway, I've yet to mess around but using the info on this forum I think I'll start with the original driod profile that's been posted. But PLEASE keep posting any droid X specific success stories if you've got them! This device should be able to handle some truly high quality video files.

Comment

Yeah, same here. Signals was pretty good at helpin...seemed to know his stuff. But still havent been able to get all the settings needed for a vid to play well on the Droid X

Comment

I'm attempting the Ipod/Iphone settings right now as I type. We'll see how that works out. I didn't find the profile listed here until after I had started the encode. So I'll just let it finish before I do anything. See if this one works.

Foehammer

edit: I forgot to say I'm running the newest v8.x DVDfab. Any reason not to run the newest?

Comment

No, the newest is good. I am working on the X profile tonight.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The v8.x with ipod/iphone settings worked well. I watched some of the video. it scaled to fit the screen. I believe the encode resolution was 720x320 or something like that. I'll look again and update.

Comment

The X seems to expand any content horizontally until either 1) the video touches the top/bottom or 2) touches the sides, and it does it very well. It will allow us to make lower resolution conversions (smaller files) that still look very good on the Droid. The ones I am testing are in the 60xX25x range. I tried something similar to the iPone profile and did not like the results. The wmvs seem to play more smoothly, and that is what the Motorola driver converts to if you run it through there (which I do not recommend).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,

Are the WMV's larger file sizes? I guess I haven't watched enough video to see if there is a lipsync problem, but the two movies I've converted so far looked good and sounded acceptable, or good to me.

An advantage to going WMV vs MP4? Smoothly? can you describe that? I don't see a jumpyness in my MP4

I used the iphone/ipod settings with the following mods:
                -Cropping disabled (kept the 16x9 aspect with black bars top and bottom for 2.35 material found on DVDs)
                -custom resolution 854x480.

File size ended up being about 1.2-1.3GB.

Comment

will allow us to make lower resolution conversions (smaller files) that still look very good on the Droid. The ones I am testing are in the 60xX25x range.
                  I am very interested in your thoughts/results on picture quality using the 6XX by 2XX resolution range.

Comment

Signals - Can you give very specific seettings that were used for succesful playback? At thos resolutions, I get choppy playback.
                    What codec? Audio bitrate? Framerate? Video Bitrate? Etc...

Lay it out for us.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by FoeHammer865 View Post
                    Signals,

Are the WMV's larger file sizes? I guess I haven't watched enough video to see if there is a lipsync problem, but the two movies I've converted so far looked good and sounded acceptable, or good to me.

An advantage to going WMV vs MP4? Smoothly? can you describe that? I don't see a jumpyness in my MP4

I used the iphone/ipod settings with the following mods:
                    -Cropping disabled (kept the 16x9 aspect with black bars top and bottom for 2.35 material found on DVDs)
                    -custom resolution 854x480.

File size ended up being about 1.2-1.3GB.

Comment

The X seems to expand any content horizontally until either 1) the video touches the top/bottom or 2) touches the sides, and it does it very well. It will allow us to make lower resolution conversions (smaller files) that still look very good on the Droid. The ones I am testing are in the 60xX25x range. I tried something similar to the iPone profile and did not like the results. The wmvs seem to play more smoothly, and that is what the Motorola driver converts to if you run it through there (which I do not recommend).

Signals - Did you find a good final setting for the Droid X? I know you were testign some in certain ranges...whats the final verdict?

Comment

Still working on it. Will try to post something later today. Killing all other apps and putting it in airplane mode seems to help the jerky playback but is not a real solution.

Comment

Still working on it. Will try to post something later today. Killing all other apps and putting it in airplane mode seems to help the jerky playback but is not a real solution.
                          Leaving Thursday! Help!

Comment

LOL You sound panicked! I will try some new ones and let you know tomorrow. Do you have Win7?

Comment

I have the Samsung Galaxy S - which should be similar to your droid

I ripped to 600x338 using h264 audiocopy profile and it looked great!
                              I limited the file to 700mb for a 90 minute movie and it still looked good

No stuttering on my phone anyway.

Be aware there is an issue going avi to avi with this profile (video stream is shortened, putting the audio out of sync) but seems to work fine for dvd rips.

Maybe this will get you through your current trip!
                              Jennifer

Comment

I have the EVO 4G and had the same issues. Play around with the bitrate. I even converted in PSP format. It played.

Comment

Working...
                                X