Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I always use Full Disk, DVD9 to a folder as then there is no compression applied.

I'll run a wmv test tonight on Deja Vu (my standard test disc).

What exact profile are you using so I can use the same and any custom settings?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here's my profile - it's a modified version of xbox360.wmv.wma10:
      Code:
      <profile name="xbox360.default" description="The profile need Window Media Player 10 or above installed. It&apos;s used to create wmv(wmv + wma10) file, which supports 5.1 multichannel audio and can be played in Microsoft Xbox 360." version="200" device="xbox360" tag="default" type="0">
      <common>
      <file format="wmv" onefile_size_mb="2269" number="1" split_by_chapter="0" app_name="DVDFab">
      <source>
      </source>
      </file>
      <device channel_ability="2">
      </device>
      <audio copy="0" codec="wma10" channel="2" bitdepth="16">
      <freq value="48000" list="48000"/>
      <bitrate value="128000" list="64000,96000,128000,160000,192000"/>
      <volume percent="100"/>
      </audio>
      <video>
      <size list="" out_size="848x354"/>
      <outfps mode="3" value="23.976" list="23.976,24,25,29.97,30"/>
      <encode codec="wmv9" fourcc="WMV3" bitrate_kbps="2500">
      <mode value="high_quality" list="real_time, high_quality" method="1"/>
      </encode>
      </video>
      </common>
      <acodec name="wma10" vbr="0">
      <vbr vbrpass="0"/>
      </acodec>
      <vcodec name="wmv9" vbr="0" quality="100">
      <vbr method="quality" quality="100" max_vbr_bitrate="0" max_vbr_bufferwin="0"/>
      </vcodec>
      </profile>

Comment

I'll try it out tonight but I have noticed a couple of things that may be causing problems.....

1. The Size List parameter that you are using (848x354) is asking Fab to interpolate from a lower resolution. DVD's are usually composed at 720 x XXX (PAL) or 704 x XXX (NTSC). Can I ask you why you have done this?

2. The audio bitrate setting seems abnormally high @ 2500. I have really never had to go over 1800 on all of my different profiles and for H263 & H264 encodes, I usually use 1100.

I'll see what happens tonight...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I know Ting is going to fix this issue but I thought I would pass along my findings.

R1 - Live Free Die Hard is my trouble disk. I have an ISO file (Plays Flawlessly in VLC Player) saved that I convert with every release of DVDFab. I had to roll all the way back to 5.1.2.2 to get a conversion (generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy) that did not have sync issues.

When 6.1.2.5 released, I once again tried my R1 - Live Free Die Hard no luck since I know how busy the developers are with BD.

Here is where it got interesting, after I finished the failed rip, for some reason I decided to watch the movie in the preview window of DVDFab. I scrolled it to the last few minutes of the movie and brought it up full screen, I was surprised to find that the audio was out of sync.

So this has nothing to do with profiles or bit rates or anything else... it is an internal bug with DVDFab that only effects certain titles, very similar to the issue of last 2 minutes of audio being cut off.

I have great confidence that Ting will resolve this issue.
          I'm a PC and I play Poker

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            I'll try it out tonight but I have noticed a couple of things that may be causing problems.....

1. The Size List parameter that you are using (848x354) is asking Fab to interpolate from a lower resolution. DVD's are usually composed at 720 x XXX (PAL) or 704 x XXX (NTSC). Can I ask you why you have done this?

2. The audio bitrate setting seems abnormally high @ 2500. I have really never had to go over 1800 on all of my different profiles and for H263 & H264 encodes, I usually use 1100.

I'll see what happens tonight...
            I didn't modify this manually... I changed some options in the GUI and hit set as default... Here's a screen shot:

Comment

I have changed the title of this thread to make it easier to find and more accurately reflect what it has become. Please use the quote button, it has become a little hard to follow but is a worthwhile discussion.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've had this issue a few times as well. Usually it's when I'm trying to do to many things at once and (what I presume happens) is the computer can't keep up. We shall see if this continues as I recently went to a 64bit OS...

However, I never did get Forgetting Sarah Marshall to work. No matter how many times I tried/changed profile or sampling, etc, I couldn't get the audio to match up towards the end of the movie. I have also found I cannot rip from "Movie Only" DVD's (created w/Fab, of course), as they will be "audio off" from the very beginning of the movie.

Anyway, my main piece of advice is don't "bog down" your computer....

Comment

Working...
                X