No announcement yet.

DVD FAB FOR MAC M1 Silicon Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might be onto something. I changed the startup disk security settings on my Macbook Air and changed from Full Security to Reduced Security. I then checked BOTH of the options for extensions - Allow User Management and Allow Remote Management. (I tried just checking the first, but it still didn't work.) After rebooting, I then loaded a disc with DVDFab closed. If it was open, it would lock with DVD Player trying to grab the disc at the same time that DVDFab tried to read it. After DVD Player automatically opened, I closed it, then opened DVDFab. At this point, it read the disc and was able to process. I'm still testing, but so far, so good...

Comment

darin4628 Good detective work and thanks for the valuable feedback. Overly aggressive protection also exists in the pc world, it is called Windows 10.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

To simplify things, I turned off autoplay for DVDs when loaded. But I've processed quite a few discs, and it's working great. And the M1 chip is BLAZING FAST at encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by darin4628 View Post
          To simplify things, I turned off autoplay for DVDs when loaded. But I've processed quite a few discs, and it's working great. And the M1 chip is BLAZING FAST at encoding.
          What about Blu-Ray?
          At least a Rosetta 2 version should be up and running. I'm not punching the BD ripper until it's sorted

Comment

I've ripped Blu-Ray on the M1. Standard H264 at 1080p encode took ~1 hour. H265 is 18+ hours. I have not seen a difference in processing speeds between a MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz Intel i7 and the M1 Mac mini. DVDFab is the only SW I've used that doesn't show performance differences with my MacBook Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelc5280 View Post
              I've ripped Blu-Ray on the M1. Standard H264 at 1080p encode took ~1 hour. H265 is 18+ hours. I have not seen a difference in processing speeds between a MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz Intel i7 and the M1 Mac mini. DVDFab is the only SW I've used that doesn't show performance differences with my MacBook Pro.
              I guess that wasn't using video toolbox? and running rosetta 2?

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post

I guess that wasn't using video toolbox? and running rosetta 2?
                That is using video toolbox but no Rosetta 2. I'll run a test here in a minute to see if a change is noticed with Rosetta 2 (which I'm hoping I will).

Comment

Ran test with Rosetta 2 installed. No change in performance/encoding timelines. I need to run an encode from H264 to H265 via HandBrake to assess performance better.

Comment

Video toolbox is still not working when trying to rip a .mkv or .mp4 file. When might this problem be fixed?

Comment

Yes Please and thanks for addressing this issue in Big Sur/M1....Please developers work quickly and efficiently; I have a lifetime subscription to DVDFAB MAC version!!

Comment

Is a version for a M1 Mac being worked on?

Comment

I just biught a Mac Mini M1 and it's still not possible to run the latest DVDFab OSX Version without errors. I have paid for a lietime license and are not willing to accept these flaws! Also the Fab Player does not get any updates for OSX!!!!
                          Sony Bravia KDL-40EX725BAEP, Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2 Netzwerk AV-Receiver , Onkyo SKS HT 528 5.1 Lautsprechersystem, Mede8ter 600X3D, Sony PS3 Slim & PS4, Eweat EW902, CloudnetGo CR13, Vidon.me Bluray Box

Comment

Last week I asked "Is a version for a M1 Mac being worked on?". I have not received an answer yet. I hope that doesn't mean that they are not doing anything.

Comment

I previously had DVDFab working on an M1 Mac Mini but this is no longer the case since the update to macOS 11.3. I believe the "fabio.kext" kernel extension installed by DVDFab is the problem. macOS is no longer allowing kernel extensions, especially ones written for the Intel chip, to run on their M1 processor for security reasons. For DVDFab to work on the M1, I believe the software engineers must use instead what is called a "system extension" or do what MakeMKV does... no extension at all, but a downloaded file containing all the latest keys.

Comment

DVDFab (Mac) could take a few "hints" from one of its competitors (Leavo bluray copy for Mac) to possible solve its M1 problem; just saying.However, DVDFab is overall the superior software for DVD/Bluray. So c'mon tech guys; get on it! I see your Windows version keep rollin' out so please please show more love to Macs!!

Comment

Working...
                                X