Error while viewing 4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Error while viewing 4k

Whenever I try to play a 4k UHD movie, I get an error message. My video card is the GTX970. I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi AEK,

Please make sure you have the latest nvidia driver and have DXVA selected in Player's Settings. Do you have a HDR display connected? If not, you may need to select Force HDR->SDR in Settings.

If none of the above helps, please attach the Player internal log file.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, I did grab the latest nvidia drivers yesterday. And I tried switching to DXVA in all 3 settings in the program. I will try hooking up hdmi straight to my tv to see if it makes a difference. Right now I have hdmi going from video card to 4k Marantz receiver than to tv. I don't think that should make adifference though.

Thanks

Comment

No, it should not. If the error repeats, please attach the log file. Sorry you are haviig a problem with this new feature.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So I tried the above by switching hdmi straight to tv and same error appears. I hope I'm attaching the right file.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

What OS are you running? I had the same error under windows 7 with a GTX 1060. Upgrading to Windows 10 was the only fix that worked.

Comment

I am running windows 10 latest updates (Creators 1709)

Comment

Hello AEK,

Three points for using hardware decding for h265 4k video:
                1, The graphics card need to be Nvidia 1050 and higher
                2, The monitor supports HDR output
                3, Need to connect using HDMI 2.0

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Hello,

According to Nvidia's website my GTX970 is 4k so I don't know why I would need a 1050 or higher model.
                  my monitor is a Samsung 65 inch series 9000 tv which is 4k and I am using HDMI 2.0

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AEK View Post
                    Hello,

According to Nvidia's website my GTX970 is 4k so I don't know why I would need a 1050 or higher model.
                    my monitor is a Samsung 65 inch series 9000 tv which is 4k and I am using HDMI 2.0

Thanks

I will forward this to our developers.

UPDATE: please double check and make sure that the driver is installed correctly for GTX970.

Regards,
                    mona
                    Last edited by Mona; 12-20-2017, 11:16 AM. Reason: add update

Comment

UPDATED:

Hi AEK,

All NVIDIA GPUs from the 900 and 1000 series support HDR display output.

Our developers are checking this problem, we will improve this part in the future.

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Hello AEK, Please download the latest Player 5 to have a try. If still have problem, please use the Analyze Hardware feature in Settings window and send us the result. Regards, mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Hello AEK, Please download the latest Player 5 to have a try. If still have problem, please use the Analyze Hardware feature in Settings window and send us the result. Regards, mona

Hi, I installed the latest version and I'm still getting the error. So here is the screenshot. I hope you can provide some feedback.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	123
Size:	795 Bytes
ID:	348013
                          Last edited by AEK; 01-19-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Here is a better picture of the "Analyze Hardware"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0675.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	348033

Comment

Originally posted by AEK View Post
                              Here is a better picture of the "Analyze Hardware"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0675.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	348033
                              Hello AEK,

The picture is too small, please try again. Thank you.

Regards,
                              mona

Comment

Working...
                              X