Trouble ripping Blu-ray using "Direct render to video" for subtitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Trouble ripping Blu-ray using "Direct render to video" for subtitle

Source: 3 Blu-ray discs "Strike Back season 4" with 3, 3 and 4 titles.
    I can rip all no problem selecting "remux into file" using MKV as template.
    But, I want to get rid of selecting subtitle, so I would like to use the great option to render into video.
    Which - oddly enough - fails for 1 title on each disc. The remaining works fine with the wanted subtitle rendered nicely into the title.
    The failing title completes as "success", but either produces no file or a 6KB file.
    As far as I can see it makes no diffence which subtitle language I select for rendering.
    A couple of logfiles and an example of a 6KB .mkv file attached.

PS: I started by making a "FullDisc" copy to HDD.
    So the ripping is done from the FullDisc copy.
    Attached Files

For Direct Render to work correctly you can only select ONE subtitle stream in the DVDFab setup window.

There is nothing in the mkv you supplied except the header, but a sample is not really necessary. It would be helpful to have the log session from the original disc that shows the creation of the Full Disc copy. DVDFab is having some issues reading it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer.
      I'm aware of only one stream can be used. The GUI enforces that, too.
      My point was that it does not matter if I select for instance "EN" or "DK. So it seems not to be related to a single language stream.
      Also the subtitle is OK if I select "remux info file". So the stream is - at least to a degree - usable.
      I have attached the logfile I copied aside before beginning to test. I would think the creation of the full disc is in it.
      Attached Files

Comment

@pju55

Could you please use Copy-Main Movie mode to copy the first title of the disc, be sure to select all the subtitle options, save the copy to local hard drive. And then use the copied title as source to render again, if the same problem existed, please upload this title copy and send it to us. You can upload it to googldrive or contact me, I will send you the FTP site info for uploading the file. Thanks.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Mona
          Hope this is what you asked for...
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZhNXaoIha-FIDt_eUdFG4zE_E92irzCc?usp=sharing

Just to be sure that we're on the same track.
          The disc contains 3 titles numbered: 803, 804 and 805, where 804 is the one failing. And is the one being shown at top when selecting titles.
          So, it's the one I have worked with.
          I have enclosed 2 jpg's on googledrive. Showing that time left first goes into days for then a few seconds later fall to 0 seconds left.
          At which point I cancelled the job, because by my experience nothing will happen.
          Best regards
          Poul

Comment

Originally posted by pju55 View Post
            Mona
            Hope this is what you asked for...
            https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZhNXaoIha-FIDt_eUdFG4zE_E92irzCc?usp=sharing

Just to be sure that we're on the same track.
            The disc contains 3 titles numbered: 803, 804 and 805, where 804 is the one failing. And is the one being shown at top when selecting titles.
            So, it's the one I have worked with.
            I have enclosed 2 jpg's on googledrive. Showing that time left first goes into days for then a few seconds later fall to 0 seconds left.
            At which point I cancelled the job, because by my experience nothing will happen.
            Best regards
            Poul
            I have downloaded the file, but there I don't see the problematic title copy, there is no STREAM/m2ts files under the folder you uploaded.

Can you playback the title copy without problem on your side?

Comment

I'm not sure I understand you.
              When I follow the link I provided, I see a 10GB "00050.mts" file.
              So, what are you looking for/do I miss ?
              I can play the .mts file with VLC, but I cannot rip it with render.
              Also I cannot play it with Windows Media Player - that is: I can play it, but there is no sound nor subtitles.
              Attached Files

Comment

Have uploaded the mts file to OneDrive as an alternative:

Comment

@pju55

I will download it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Comment

UPDATE:

I tried it on my computer, without ATI GPU, render EN subtitle to MKV, it works.
                    We will need to run more tests, meanwhile, please go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box to convert again on your side and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Yes, that seems to work, although taking quite a bit longer time.
                      Wonder if you have the same issue with 00050.mts as shown on the attached file - all language shown as "unknown".
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that seems to work, although taking quite a bit longer time.
                        Wonder if you have the same issue with 00050.mts as shown on the attached file - all language shown as "unknown".
                        No, it displays correctly on my side, DVDFab 10.2.1.5, x64 version.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	subtitle display.png
Views:	427
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	359870

Comment

Hmmm, pretty odd.
                          Anyway, I have been experimenting a little with the GPU settings shown in the attachement.
                          And with the shown setting only 1 out of 10 fails. And a factor 3-4 increase in speed.
                          Have you been able to reproduce?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mona - any news?
                            Update: will do some more testing on the new release of DVDFab - it seems to work fine with 00050.mts.
                            Last edited by pju55; 10-30-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Mona - any news?
                              Update: will do some more testing on the new release of DVDFab - it seems to work fine with 00050.mts.
                              Sorry, nope. The problem still exist on 11.0.0.1.

Comment

Working...
                              X