no subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no subtitles

Is there a reason why ripping to Mpeg 4 dvdfab does not produce subtitles. I've just spent 3 days ripping disks using 2 ways to do this. Previous versions had the same problem. The TV series being ripped are Game of thrones, Season 4, 5, 6, 7.
    1, 2, 3 were done during 2012 through 2015, all of these have the subtitles.
    Viking lost down under

Are you using remux into file or direct render to video? A DVDFab internal log session from one of these would be helpful in trying to reproduce your problem. Instructions for supplying logs here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have always used remux into file. When I turn on PC, I'll get log file for you.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

Here's the log files, And thanks for the quick responds signals.
        Attached Files
        Viking lost down under

Comment

The only one that works is "direct render to video". It is unable to make a subtitle file and remux into file. Have just tried all the different ways on S03E01. Over the years people that have watched these episodes have told me that there was no subtitles and I redid the rip.
          Apparently this must has been a problem since 2016 onwards with all the different versions of DVDFab.
          I'm unable to confirm how settings were when I ripped seasons 1 through to 3.
          Attached Files
          Viking lost down under

Comment

Understood, sorry you are having a problem with it. Has the same thing happened with any other BD titles? What device or software are you using for playback of the ones with the remuxed subs*?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm Sure that avatar has the same problem, but I would have to sit down and watch it again. 2 and 2 3/4 hours. Not just BD titles also from dvd's.
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Have used 2 different media players (hardware), LG TV and various media players in Windows ranging from XP thru to WIN 10 environments.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
                  Have used 2 different media players (hardware), LG TV and various media players in Windows ranging from XP thru to WIN 10 environments.
                  do you get the subtitles if you rip the disc to MKV ?? if yes, then try ripping the disc to MKV , get the subs you want and then convert the MKV to Mpeg 4
                  try that and see what you get.

Comment

thanks m8, will give that a try. It does work if I "direct render to video".
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

october262, just thought I would let you know that ripping to MKV, remux works. so I would assume converting MKV to MP4 would keep subtitles.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

The QA team tested with DVDFab 11.0.2.6 in Blu-ray Ripper - MKV and remux info file option, the output MKV file has subtitle.

Please download and install DVDFab 11.0.2.6 at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to convert and see the result.

Still fails, please send us dvdfab_internal log as attachment for troubleshooting, the default location for log file is: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Comment

Hi Ashley, Problem is that I always rip to MP4. When I tried remux to MKV I was using 11.0.2.6.
                          I just finished ripping all the above again while testing Beta ver. 2.0.0.0 for media player. I also had to rip Avatar and Avatar 3D again.
                          So My question is: when will you fix it so MP4 is able to have remuxed sub titles?????
                          I recon I've used DVDfab for a decade or more, and I'm sure that it used to put sub titles (remux) into MP4's. In the back of my mind I can still see myself searching the internet to find out what remux meant.
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
                            Hi Ashley, Problem is that I always rip to MP4. When I tried remux to MKV I was using 11.0.2.6.
                            I just finished ripping all the above again while testing Beta ver. 2.0.0.0 for media player. I also had to rip Avatar and Avatar 3D again.
                            So My question is: when will you fix it so MP4 is able to have remuxed sub titles?????
                            I recon I've used DVDfab for a decade or more, and I'm sure that it used to put sub titles (remux) into MP4's. In the back of my mind I can still see myself searching the internet to find out what remux meant.
                            The developer checked your log to find that "Display Only forced Subtitle(true)'. Please do not check this option to convert and see the result. Still fails, please send us the latest dvdfab_internal log, thanks.
                            Last edited by Ashley; 04-24-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Did not work, supplied log.
                              Attached Files
                              Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                              X