No announcement yet.

Paramount+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did subtitles work for you? I did not get any subtitles with Beavis and Butthead or Star Trek Lower Decks. I tried twice and got the same behavior both times.
    version: 5.0.5.6

Comment

Downloaded episodes of NCIS and NCIS Hawaii, using 5.0.5.6, got full videos, but no subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by rfryar View Post
        Did subtitles work for you? I did not get any subtitles with Beavis and Butthead or Star Trek Lower Decks. I tried twice and got the same behavior both times.
        No subtitles when I tried either, but video and audio are good!
        They still need to fix the subtitle bug

Comment

Originally posted by rfryar View Post
          Sorry, I don't use subtitles so I didn't test for that.

Could someone please post your StreamFab.log for Mona to get on Monday so she can send it over to the Developer? I still think we need a Beta Test Team to catch this stuff before it gets released to the general user base.

Comment

Ok, I ran another test. I can confirm that no subtitles was created.

Mona, here's your StreamFab.log for the Developer...

StreamFab.log

Comment

I am now getting full episode downloads with 5056, but there is a glitch at about 30 - 40 mins (in an hour show) in each file where it stalls and I hit a repeating short audio loop and have to jump forward to get out of it. Just me or are others experiencing this?
              StreamFab.log

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdave03 View Post
                I am now getting full episode downloads with 5056, but there is a glitch at about 30 - 40 mins (in an hour show) in each file where it stalls and I hit a repeating short audio loop and have to jump forward to get out of it. Just me or are others experiencing this?
                I just did a test on an hour episode of Big Brother (which like all hour long shows is about 42 minutes) and, yes, at about 38 minutes something the (about 5 second) scene repeats 4 times and then continues on by itself. I didn't have to break the loop. It's kind of late right now so I'll get the StreamFab.log together with, hopefully, an edited down video of the loop tomorrow. I'll also see if I can find another example. No hurry since they won't see it until Monday anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                  Mike,
                  I agree with you. Finally I think they nailed it. I will begrudgingly send out a thank you to them because it took them so long. Four weeks without Paramount+ was rough with all the new shows premiering.

There is one itsy bitsy issue I found and feel free to check it out to confirm my findings - Paramount+ is doing a weird thing at the end of show. I used the new show So Help Me Todd as my test subject. MediaInfo shows it as 43 minutes 10 seconds but the Chrome browser playback of the show shows 43 minutes 19 seconds. If you watch the end on the browser show, the last commercial comes at 43 minutes 10 seconds and they do about 90 seconds of commercials. When they come back after the commercials the actual ending credits get shrunk down to a PIP box and the full screen is a Paramount+ generated advertisement for what you could possibly watch next of P+. That ad and the PIP box lasts 9 seconds and StreamFab kindly doesn't download those 9 seconds. I say kindly because I rarely intentionally watch the closing credits. So, although technically SF still cuts the show short, I have no complaints about it.
                  Cats4U,

Nope...

Saw WThomas69's post about Twilight Zone episodes messed up.

Downloaded first 3 seasons via competitor and played 5 of them ok yesterday.

Test of Twilight Zone Classic episode 1 of Season 4 had *crazy* results with StreamFab 5.0.5.6.

WThomas69 Thread about Twilight Zone Episodes being messed up for Paramount Plus
                  https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...nd-show-length

Like WThomas69 said.

Due to size being ok and file being messed up you have to play each video to even see if it has a problem.

Gonna go back & make sure that I have American Gigolo files from competitor, don't *even* want to spend the time to watch them both right now to see if they are ok.

Do you think the developer/programmer would/does?

You can get a file of the right size for Twilight Zone episodes and the video is *crazy* and just plays a little, or a file of a much smaller size.

StreamFab Paramount+ is not fixed, is unreliable right now and I can't spend the time to check every file I download from Paramount Plus with StreamFab 5.0.5.6 to see if they are good or not.

Disappointed.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
                    I will give the Twilight Zone videos a look on Sunday. Saturdays in the Fall, for me, are devoted to watching college football. I sure hope you are both wrong because I would hate to have to go through all 37(?) episodes or just chuck them all out after seeing the bad pattern. But unfortunately or fortunately I've come to realize that I can rely on the testing that you do. If I could ever convince Fengtao to organize a beta test team for StreamFab <pipe dream>, I'd nominate you to run it.
                    I still need to do the Big Brother video example, too. Busy weekend.

Comment

Saturday didn't turn out too well. My team lost miserably. I misplaced the StreamFab.log I was going to send up to Mona about the '*crazy*' results. I made a short raw video of 3 examples of Paramount+ videos that show scenes repeating themselves only to realize that there is no direct way to upload the video to the forum. I went through 5 of the 1st season of the Twilight Zone and they all had the characteristic bug of repeating a short scene 4 times and then continuing on as normal. I thought this only happened near the end of the show but, no, it seems to happen once somewhere in the show. I deleted all my Twilight Zones. Oh, well.

So, to summarize, Paramount+ videos don't contain subtitles even if you request them and they have a scene that repeats 4 times. Nice! And we won't see anyone from Fengtao here until Oct. 8.

Comment

Here is a very small clip of the looping glitch (the forum only allows a max 2 MB upload, which for a video clip is about 2 secs, so I had to sacrafice some time and quality, but it conveys the idea). Cats4U, use the Upload Attachments button at the bottom of the posting box to upload your video clips. . Untitled.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdave03 View Post
                          Here is a very small clip of the looping glitch (the forum only allows a max 2 MB upload, which for a video clip is about 2 secs, so I had to sacrafice some time and quality, but it conveys the idea). Cats4U, use the Upload Attachments button at the bottom of the posting box to upload your video clips. . [ATTACH]n415793[/ATTACH]
                          Two problems with that for me... As you wrote, 2 secs is not a lot of time and what I made up was clearly more than that. It'd take me longer to deconstruct what I had to fit the 2 seconds than it took me to gather up everything and put it together the first time. I'm used to another forum I belong to, that is totally unrelated to the subject matter of StreamFab and streaming in general, that allows you to upload videos of a larger length directly to the site. I don't know what the cutoff is offhand but it is definitely more than 2MB/2sec. and what I had would have fit there. Instead, this forum offers the indirect route with the Insert Video option. When you click on that you get...

I'm not sure if the sites listed would take kindly to my raw footage that would definitely not pass the copyright test and for other reasons.

The second reason is that I can't personally see the uploaded Attachments like your video or someone's StreamFab.log. When I try to see them I get this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-03 5.43.43 PM.png
Views:	281
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	415796

I wrote to the Site Administrator and Mona about 2 or so weeks ago. Mona wrote back and said that I should see it and that she would have the person in charge turn it on for me. I'm still waiting for it to happen. Mona, if you are reading this, could you please look into getting it working again? Thank you.

Comment

I have the looping glitch at the start of every episode of Strange New Worlds. Have to skip and miss content to get past it. No such problems a few weeks ago

Comment

The developer has aware of the no subtitle problem for Paramount video, they will need some time to work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

The second reason is that I can't personally see the uploaded Attachments like your video or someone's StreamFab.log. When I try to see them I get this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-03 5.43.43 PM.png Views:	61 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	415796

I wrote to the Site Administrator and Mona about 2 or so weeks ago. Mona wrote back and said that I should see it and that she would have the person in charge turn it on for me. I'm still waiting for it to happen. Mona, if you are reading this, could you please look into getting it working again? Thank you.
                                When you got that message, did you log in?

We've tried again but we would only get that message when we haven't logged in. I meant could it be that you somehow got logged out without your notice?
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-20221008-184045.png Views:	0 Size:	230.4 KB ID:	415979

Comment

Working...
                                X