• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

then it is screen recording with encode
    re-encode makes absolutely no sense

in addition, screen recording is not normally possible without a gpu

someone (moderator) said that the downloaded video is taken and then encoded to a higher resolution (upscale)

Again, untrue. All modern CPUs can encode H264 no problem. And when i say modern, i mean starting at 8th generation Intel. That is 6 years ago.

Secondly, displaying the output is more CPU intensive than not displaying it. Just like if you code something where you simply ask it to count from 1 to 1 million and to display the number at each iteration, it will take a few seconds to do it but if you say to only display when it is at 1 and at 1 million, it is way faster and less CPU intensive.

You are playing semantics with the terms. If a file is encoded a certain way and you encode it a different way, is that not re-encoding?

The reason why the FILE is bigger is probably because they use CBR to encode regardless of what you chose. Encoding in CVBR is way slower than CBR. I cannot verify that claim because i refuse to install StreamFab versions that have the re-encode feature.

Let's not forget that this is a Chinese company and sometimes their English is not great. Re-encode is what they chose to call it but it doesn't matter since the whole issue here is that it is not upscaling.

That's all i have to say on this issue as this forum is not about terminology.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Again, untrue. All modern CPUs can encode H264 no problem. And when i say modern, i mean starting at 8th generation Intel. That is 6 years ago.

Secondly, displaying the output is more CPU intensive than not displaying it. Just like if you code something where you simply ask it to count from 1 to 1 million and to display the number at each iteration, it will take a few seconds to do it but if you say to only display when it is at 1 and at 1 million, it is way faster and less CPU intensive.

You are playing semantics with the terms. If a file is encoded a certain way and you encode it a different way, is that not re-encoding?

The reason why the FILE is bigger is probably because they use CBR to encode regardless of what you chose. Encoding in CVBR is way slower than CBR. I cannot verify that claim because i refuse to install StreamFab versions that have the re-encode feature.

Let's not forget that this is a Chinese company and sometimes their English is not great. Re-encode is what they chose to call it but it doesn't matter since the whole issue here is that it is not upscaling.

That's all i have to say on this issue as this forum is not about terminology.
      I didn't say anything about the cpu.
      i said that screen recording is not so easy without a gpu (graphic card).
      it should be clear that you can encode in avc with almost any cpu. everyone should be able to do hevc these days.

but i wonder how you came up with cpu?​
      You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

CBR is only available in H264. H265 only has CVBR
        I selected H264 . thats what i do for all movies

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

I didn't say anything about the cpu.
          i said that screen recording is not so easy without a gpu (graphic card).
          it should be clear that you can encode in avc with almost any cpu. everyone should be able to do hevc these days.

but i wonder how you came up with cpu?​
          You said you need a GPU to screen record and i said no because the CPU can. I have a feeling you are just trolling now because nobody is this dense.

I will not reply again.

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post

I selected H264 . thats what i do for all movies
            Then please provide the version of StreamFab, your Amazon region. the movie you downloaded and an output of MediaInfo for the resulting file.

Comment

Re-encode is what they chose to call it but it doesn't matter since the whole issue here is that it is not upscaling.
              I concur it is not upscaling. I've downloaded the same files from SF versions that were prior to the DRM change, to after the DRM change when limited to SD, then HD re-encoding, to the latest version. There was never a time I noticed any upscaling. The re-encoding is from an HD resolution file. However, I've noticed no improvement from the latest release to earlier releases that re-encoded. The re-encoded files I am getting are 1/3 the bitrate and size that they normally should be according to what I received before the DRM change and in comparison, to what the competitor is providing.

Comment

You said you need a GPU to screen record and i said no because the CPU can. I have a feeling you are just trolling now because nobody is this dense.

I will not reply again.
                Im not trolling

You said "All modern CPUs can encode H264 no problem. And when i say modern..."
                how should i know that you mean screen recording with "encode"?

I think we've talked at cross purposes.
                You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post

I concur it is not upscaling. I've downloaded the same files from SF versions that were prior to the DRM change, to after the DRM change when limited to SD, then HD re-encoding, to the latest version. There was never a time I noticed any upscaling. The re-encoding is from an HD resolution file. However, I've noticed no improvement from the latest release to earlier releases that re-encoded. The re-encoded files I am getting are 1/3 the bitrate and size that they normally should be according to what I received before the DRM change and in comparison, to what the competitor is providing.
                  What about stuttering and lip sync? People complained about that in previous releases. I have no such problems with the test release or the latest. I don't know whether I'm "just lucky" or if maybe that got fixed along with the EAC3 audio issue.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

What about stuttering and lip sync? People complained about that in previous releases. I have no such problems with the test release or the latest. I don't know whether I'm "just lucky" or if maybe that got fixed along with the EAC3 audio issue.
                    I've not been interested in watching any of the re-encoded results, so I can't speak to stuttering or lip synch complaints.

Comment

I suddenly realized that since they made 2 customers jpp72 Cats4U the moderators of this forum, the admin no longer cares about customer care, frankly, ignore the customers. They push all questions and complaints to 2 customers jpp72 Cats4U to answer for them. That is, customers jpp72 Cats4U are currently responding to other customers' questions and complaints.
                      LMAO LMAO

Comment

Not true. Jack and I try to tackle the normal complaints. We've been helped out on the technical end by Germania. October262 has been very helpful as well. Anything that we can't handle or is a major problem, we immediately send up the line. I reported the complaints of Amazon possibly still using re-encoding earlier today. Sometimes we hear back immediately with questions or comments, other times we don't hear anything back, but most times we see the effects of our reporting in future updates. We're not doing anything more than what Mona used to do. Since we were all here answering questions anyway while she was here, it has freed her up to handle other DVDFab forums.

Comment

Any reason Streamfab developers can't just reverse engineer AS for their fully working Amazon side of things ? Or does the software connect to the AS servers for the codes so not all hosted in the software ?

I have a horrible feeling Wilson may be a bit like the Wizard of Oz, having more hats than he wants to let on. I feel sorry for the guy in a way, especially if the developer team is as sparse as I think, but at the same time they should have an update page specific to this DRM issue with weekly informative updates of a practical timescale.

Comment

Originally posted by Zammo View Post
                            Any reason Streamfab developers can't just reverse engineer AS for their fully working Amazon side of things ? Or does the software connect to the AS servers for the codes so not all hosted in the software ?
                            Why don't you run that past RF1? If he says it's ok, we'll get them to do it.

I have a horrible feeling Wilson may be a bit like the Wizard of Oz, having more hats than he wants to let on. I feel sorry for the guy in a way, especially if the developer team is as sparse as I think, but at the same time they should have an update page specific to this DRM issue with weekly informative updates of a practical timescale.
                            Wilson knows what he is up against. We've told him enough times that this is serious, users are leaving, StreamFab now has a terrible reputation, and if this goes on for even a little bit longer and all the modules aren't fixed, they might as well consider bankruptcy (if they have such a thing in China).

Comment

Suprised Streamfab put out a fix for Funitmstion seeying as its closing down

Comment

Working...
                              X