X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hizbf View Post

Now it's back to normal!
    He has now fallen from his chair and woken up again.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

All of this. I'd be willing to bet serious money it wasn't a money grab where they didn't care if they left everyone high and dry, because you can't fake it and hide that sort of screw-them attitude for more than eight years. Your earlier comment that Interpol or some other agency shut them down was probably accurate, since they were outside of China, with servers in the EU, so essentially they were vulnerable, with no protection other than that they were a group that had to rely on bitcoin, not an established company with a conventional bank account. They made that very clear, but maybe it wasn't enough to keep them under the radar.
      My speculation is that Redfox had their business model get away from them.... too many lifetime licenses mean no income stream from those owners, meanwhile they have to pay their coders and server costs. Add to that they have no credit card processors left that they can use and have to go bitcoin only, it's not good, they are operating at a loss. Selling off what they can to make their final payments then take whatever's left over for themselves, which probably isn't much. It just sucks for people who bought subscriptions to AnyStream weeks before they disappeared.

Again, 100% speculation, I know that's a given but is important to reiterate when speculating.

It really sucks, AnyDVD was my go-to, plus James and Pete were always nice and helpful, I'm really going to miss them and their work, VERY much.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post

My speculation is that Redfox had their business model get away from them.... too many lifetime licenses mean no income stream from those owners, meanwhile they have to pay their coders and server costs. Add to that they have no credit card processors left that they can use and have to go bitcoin only, it's not good, they are operating at a loss. Selling off what they can to make their final payments then take whatever's left over for themselves, which probably isn't much. It just sucks for people who bought subscriptions to AnyStream weeks before they disappeared.

Again, 100% speculation, I know that's a given but is important to reiterate when speculating.

It really sucks, AnyDVD was my go-to, plus James and Pete were always nice and helpful, I'm really going to miss them and their work, VERY much.
        I think they come back tbh

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post

He should be an employee of StreamFab
          What makes you think he isn't?
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

What makes you think he isn't?
            he's the only person explain everything in a simple way, i think u can't find this info anywhere else. anyway they should have more mods for the forum working with the developers because wilson replies once per week only...

Comment

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

he's the only person explain everything in a simple way, i think u can't find this info anywhere else. anyway they should have more mods for the forum working with the developers because wilson replies once per week only...
              They have no moderators at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

They have no moderators at all!
                jpp72 is doing a fantastic job; he cares about this forum, not some other one that is gone now. If you guys want to gossip, go ahead, but it gives the forum a bad look. It sounds like a bunch of wash women. This thread should be closed.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I left the zoom chat and changed my title but still have my access.

I'd be willing to resume my duties if Wilson.Wang asks but i would need a promise that my input would have actual weight.

The company thinks they know best what people want so i doubt they would listen to me. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

I mean was i being unreasonable to tell them not to do this re-encode shit or at the very least make it a setting to disable it???

Rhetorical question as i closed the thread...

P.S. twhiting9275 disagrees with Chameleon. He thinks it's all my fault:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image20240613100641.png
Views:	1195
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	444471
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                  X