This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phelings View Post

No but it's clearly no coincidence that within 24 hours of AS vanishing SF have Amazon working for the first time in nearly 6 months.
    The non AS modules are irrelevant here. SF have been slowly getting those up and running but Amazon was the obvious one that needed sorting.
    For whatever reason AS was taken down so they made a quick buck selling the Amazon solution to SF. I don't blame them at all and even those of us who had both benefited as recent Amazon content downloads were laughably slow with SF
    There is no connection. Read https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...792#post443792

Comment

I am part of the tin hat brigade too, the DAY AFTER Redfox go down SF have Amazon working ?? Coincidences happen, but, it wouldn't take much at all for RF to sell a company (or parts of) to SF as they only accepted Bitcoin, so zero come back on them, they can pack their trunks and be off. If this is the case I hope SF got the developers in the deal.

Mind you, upon saying all that, I also wouldn't be shocked if they are back one day, as they are always going and popping back up under a new name, but it is very very suss that a staff member hasn't even told the Reddit forum "we will be back soon folks, hold hard". If I ran a company I would tell any outlet of my customers I am due back soon if I was.

Comment

there's some news on the competition - https://torrentfreak.com/redfox-disa...eamfab-240610/

Comment

When I whois the domain it comes back with these two statuses

Code:
          Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
          Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited​
          That later one typically means they did not confirm or update their contact info. When you don't do that, they will pull your MX and A records till it's resolved. And I've seen it take a while to get it fixed.

Comment

If DVDFab team were smart they would offer AnyDVD/Stream customers a big discount, as many will be looking to jump ship, as I don't think AnyDVD software works without connecting to the companies servers, which renders it useless. A bit like when the man in charge of VideoRedo died unexpectedly and no one could use the software ever again when the domain ran out, his wife wanted nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zammo View Post
              If DVDFab team were smart they would offer AnyDVD/Stream customers a big discount, as many will be looking to jump ship, as I don't think AnyDVD software works without connecting to the companies servers, which renders it useless. A bit like when the man in charge of VideoRedo died unexpectedly and no one could use the software ever again when the domain ran out, his wife wanted nothing to do with it.
              How is it smart to offer a "big discount" to people with nowhere to go for direct downloads? SF doesn't have to lure or tempt anyone to leave AS as it's left them. "Looking to jump ship" implies a choice, but as the "ship" here has essentially sunk, there's no choice to be had other than SF, unless RF can reinstate a server in the near future.

If you're currently the only game in town because your competition's vanished, it's a seller's market and you can name your price.

Comment

Well, did Redfox offer a discount for Streamfab customers when the DRM had not been cracked yet? No, they even raised the prices because they knew Streamfab was no longer working....

Comment

I would say the ship has already sunk!

But some people have said the same thing about Streamfab. And it's still floating. It just needs a general overhaul​

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

How is it smart to offer a "big discount" to people with nowhere to go for direct downloads? SF doesn't have to lure or tempt anyone to leave AS as it's left them. "Looking to jump ship" implies a choice, but as the "ship" here has essentially sunk, there's no choice to be had other than SF, unless RF can reinstate a server in the near future.

If you're currently the only game in town because your competition's vanished, it's a seller's market and you can name your price.
                    True, I didn't think that one through did I, haha. Although it might still tempt those lapsed AnyStream users who would only resign if it was cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Well, did Redfox offer a discount for Streamfab customers when the DRM had not been cracked yet? No, they even raised the prices because they knew Streamfab was no longer working....
                      That's incorrect. They changed their plan and instituted 1-2 year licenses only about 1-2 weeks before the CDM revocation on January 25th, so they'd have to be psychic to know "SF was no longer working" before that time. I suspect that change was because given what they had to pay developers due to the DRMs always increasing in complexity, it just wasn't cost effective to keep on with a lifetime license one-time-payment.
                      Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-10-2024, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                        When I whois the domain it comes back with these two statuses

Code:
                        Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
                        Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited​
                        That later one typically means they did not confirm or update their contact info. When you don't do that, they will pull your MX and A records till it's resolved. And I've seen it take a while to get it fixed.
                        I own 12 domains and i am fully paid up and my contact info is up to date. All of them say exactly that. This is to protect them so no one can steal my domains
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

True, I didn't think that one through did I, haha. Although it might still tempt those lapsed AnyStream users who would only resign if it was cheap enough.
                          LOL, tell me you're the one who kept falling asleep in the seat next to me in Econ 101.

The only "lapsed Anystream users" here are those who are hitting the app and refusing to accept that it ain't gonna connect to the internet. It was always cheaper to buy the lifetime license anyway (until it was discontinued before the January revocation) so there was never any need to "resign" from it. Given what SF offered re streaming services at the time I bought it (Jan 2022) that AS didn't have at the time, like Peacock, Roku, Tubi and Pluto, (maybe Apple+? I forget) it was actually well worth twice the AS price.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

That's incorrect. They changed their plan and instituted 1-2 year licenses only about 1-2 weeks before the CDM revocation on January 25th, so they'd have to be psychic to know "SF was no longer working" before that time. I suspect that change was because given what they had to pay developers due to the DRMs always increasing in complexity, it just wasn't cost effective to keep on with a lifetime license one-time-payment.
                            Redfox was already working on the new DRM in the fall. Fab didn't do it. They knew that, so they also knew that it was only a matter of time before fab stopped working..

Do you really think Redfox isn't looking in here and reading along?​

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I own 12 domains and i am fully paid up and my contact info is up to date. All of them say exactly that. This is to protect them so no one can steal my domains
                              I own many domains as well none say clientUpdateProhibited

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Redfox was already working on the new DRM in the fall. Fab didn't do it. They knew that, so they also knew that it was only a matter of time before fab stopped working..

Do you really think Redfox isn't looking in here and reading along?​
                                Seriously, that's some Olympic level stretching, and it still falls short. You could basically claim that AS knew "it was only a matter of time before fab stopped working" at any point in the calendar year, given that DRM changes aren't once-a-year events and SF was almost always slower to fix them than AS, so that any changes to their price structure could be seen as being punitive if your objective is to get a good smear going. IIRC, we didn't learn that our two mods had been exhorting SF to get out ahead of the revocation until after they failed to drop a working version in February, so there's no way anyone from RF could have read about SF's foot-dragging before that.​

My point is that you claimed AS changed their licensing structure because "they knew StreamFab was no longer working" when it's simply not true - it was actually functioning at the time. Think about it - they operated for 8 solid years with that lifetime license structure, through CDM revocations that could have taken out SF anytime after 2019, and didn't change it until early in January this year. It argues that it simply wasn't economically feasible any longer to keep their devs paid by selling one-and-done lifetime licenses.
                                Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-10-2024, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X