Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
    Hi Supine,
    the upload must be under 5 MB per file, 631,2 KB is very small :-).
    Greetings
    Gotcha, Thank you very much.

#Sylvia, I cannot seem to access the ticket que in the Member Portal using any browser. I can log into the Member Portal, but when I click on the "Ticket" link, nothing happens. I have tried Microsoft Edge, Opera, Google, and DuckDuckGo browsers, and have tried turning off the tracking disablers on three of those four browsers. I cannot get in to see the status of my "Open Tickets" or reply.

MusicFab crashed again this morning. Instead of restarting and continuing, I copied the .log, and zipped it up (as #StPeterOrding2015 so thoughtfully suggested.). The Crash should be at the very end so the team doesn't have to search for it. If you could forward this .log to the Team, I would appreciate it.
    Thanx
    Smee
    Attached Files

Comment

#Sylvia, I was able to get into the Ticket que late this afternoon using Microsoft edge. I answered them, and managed to upload the .log. I hope the one that I attached to the last post can be of some use to you.
      Thank you. I know that the team is still working on the "Protected Content" screen, and the multiple disc albums issue. I have no Idea why MusicFab continues to crash.

Edit: To those that follow this thread, I AM able to download Spotify tracks for offline listening. My biggest gripe right now, is the "Protected Content" screen that makes it impossible to select content. Usually after rebooting and restarting the program several times I can finally get past it, but sometimes this approach takes quite a while before I can get in. Once I get in, from time to time the selection screen will not come up after selecting an Artist and Album, but this is infrequent, and restarting the program usually solves this. The artwork not showing up, and multiple disc albums thrown into a single directory DO cause me an awful amount of work on the back end, but the tracks themselves play wonderfully, and the team assures me they are working on these issues. The crashes are intermittent, and usually I can just restart the program and continue without issue. I HAVE left the MusicFab program up for days without a crash.

Although I don't consider this fledgling program "ready for prime time", I have downloaded enough content for offline listening, to not feel disappointed in supporting this struggling platform. I am taking a chance that this program will blossom and don't regret it. Oh yes, I almost forgot. Pushing those FLAC files that are coded for it, through a 5.1 decoder, and not being tied to a phone or tablet sounds wonderful.

For those that don't mind working around some issues for the content, supporting this endeavor might be worth it. For those that want an "up and ready" program..... you might want to wait.
      Last edited by supine; 08-12-2023, 08:35 PM. Reason: I like to talk. Overview: My opinion so far

Comment

Thanks Supine,

Still have my EYES On YOU. !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

Gotcha, Thank you very much.

#Sylvia, I cannot seem to access the ticket que in the Member Portal using any browser. I can log into the Member Portal, but when I click on the "Ticket" link, nothing happens. I have tried Microsoft Edge, Opera, Google, and DuckDuckGo browsers, and have tried turning off the tracking disablers on three of those four browsers. I cannot get in to see the status of my "Open Tickets" or reply.

MusicFab crashed again this morning. Instead of restarting and continuing, I copied the .log, and zipped it up (as #StPeterOrding2015 so thoughtfully suggested.). The Crash should be at the very end so the team doesn't have to search for it. If you could forward this .log to the Team, I would appreciate it.
          Thanx
          Smee
          Thank you very much for the log, we will provide it to the developers to troubleshoot the issue, the other issues you mentioned we are keeping an eye on them and trying to find a solution.

Comment

Thank you #Sylvia, I appreciate the answer.

Comment

#Sylvia, Once again, I am unable to access the Ticket que in the Member Center using any browser, to see or answer replies. This seems to be a frequent issue for me. If you could report this issue for me, I would appreciate it. Any suggestions that you have would also be appreciated. While Firefox and I have had a falling out, if you feel it would help I can download and try that browser again also. -Thanks-
              Browsers: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Duckduckgo

Comment

While exploring Amazon Music, I got this error. I am unable to log into the Ticket que to report it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Edge not Supported.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	429254

Comment

It's been a while since I've been able to report good news. After selecting an album, when I back out of it, I am finding myself where I went into the album instead of back at the top of the list. This makes content selection way less kludgy and work intensive. I thought it might be an anomaly, and didn't post until repeated results were well tested, hence the delay. Good job team! thanks.
                  Last edited by supine; 08-16-2023, 03:55 PM. Reason: Wound up not removing a coma before the word and for flow reasons. (Bad gramer)

Comment

Update: #Sylvia. I was able to get into the Ticket que using the Opera browser this afternoon. I reported the Amazon issue, and was able to see answers and reply. I realize that you are probably busy and don't want to waste your time.

I don't know why I am unable to access the Ticket que from time to time. It is an intermittent issue and if you would bring it to someone's attention, they might be able to replicate the problem. If they can't, I don't know what else anyone can do. -Thank you-

Comment

Supine,

FAB comes out with BARE BONES Products and People BUY Them.

Their TECH People Don't Know what they are DOING.

This did Not Fix it-----This Did not Fix it-----This Did Not Fix it------This did Not Fix it

Lets ADD more Modules,,,,,, to a Program that Does Not work Properly.

Lets CHARGE 2 Hundred Dollars-----for EACH Module---------Don't Worry People will BUY IT !!!!!

People WILL COMPLAIN about Problems-----and we Will PROMISE we are looking in to them

BLAH-----BLAH-----BLAH-----BLAH

Comment

#ord1117, I know where you are coming from. I have already purchased the program. Now I just have to wait and see if the team can resolve the issues.

I'm pretty sure that word of mouth will spread a reputation in the community, good or bad if they succeed or (heaven forbid) fail. The developers are not going to want to see these issues go unresolved. If the issues linger unresolved for to long, the purchases will die off exponentially as word gets around (and it will!). Products like this, rely on new purchases to continue development and support for existing users. If there are no continuing new purchases, the product will fall on its face and die. Everyone on the staff and development team are betting on this products ongoing existence for their continued livelihood. So far, the "Fab Team" has a very good reputation, not only for their other software, but for their software support. I'm betting nobody on the "Fab Team" wants to loose the public support and reputation they have so laboriously built by letting a single product drag them down. So... I wait and see.

In other news: Although the software puts me back in the selection list where I was after backing out of an album; it still punts me right back to the top of the list, if the list continues past the initial bottom of the right hand vertical slider in Windows. If a very prolific Artist is selected, the selection list repopulates once you pass the initial bottom of the vertical slider, and adds more albums. If any album is selected past this point, the list bounces back to the top once you back out of that album. Still.. It's a lot better than it was.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                          #ord1117, I know where you are coming from. I have already purchased the program. Now I just have to wait and see if the team can resolve the issues.

I'm pretty sure that word of mouth will spread a reputation in the community, good or bad if they succeed or (heaven forbid) fail. The developers are not going to want to see these issues go unresolved. If the issues linger unresolved for to long, the purchases will die off exponentially as word gets around (and it will!). Products like this, rely on new purchases to continue development and support for existing users. If there are no continuing new purchases, the product will fall on its face and die. Everyone on the staff and development team are betting on this products ongoing existence for their continued livelihood. So far, the "Fab Team" has a very good reputation, not only for their other software, but for their software support. I'm betting nobody on the "Fab Team" wants to loose the public support and reputation they have so laboriously built by letting a single product drag them down. So... I wait and see.

In other news: Although the software puts me back in the selection list where I was after backing out of an album; it still punts me right back to the top of the list, if the list continues past the initial bottom of the right hand vertical slider in Windows. If a very prolific Artist is selected, the selection list repopulates once you pass the initial bottom of the vertical slider, and adds more albums. If any album is selected past this point, the list bounces back to the top once you back out of that album. Still.. It's a lot better than it was.
                          Thank you very much for your support, we understand and try to solve the issues you mentioned, but due to technical issues or development schedules, it may not be possible to do it quickly. But we will still try our best!

Comment

I just installed version 1.0.1.3. After killing the program, and restarting it several times, the "Protected Content" screen did not show up. (but it's done that before.) I have a large Batch File running, so I can't restart the computer to properly finish the install. I need to let this batch file run through, and it may be Sunday or Monday before that happens. In the mean time I have loaded up the MusicFab download que and started it. That much I can do with the batch file running in the background. After the batch file is complete, I'll delete the old log and temp folders so old data does not cause trouble and restart the computer. I'll be back then, and post what I find.

Comment

The "Protected Content" screen has not been an issue for me (yet) since I updated. That has been the really big one for me. as long as that screen continued to show, I was unable to add content to the download que, making the program useless until I could clear it. Now that it's gone, functionality has taken a giant forward leap.

I just put in another ticket though. I said that I just updated to Version 1.0.1.3., and It continues to crash off the screen. I installed it yesterday, but was unable to reboot my machine due to a large batch file running. During that period, MusicFab crashed twice. I thought that it might have been due to my failure to wipe the old Temp and Log folders then reboot. The batch file finished last night, so I deleted the old Temp and Log folders. I then rebooted and restarted MusicFab. After 2 hours, It crashed off the screen again.

Folder art continues to not show up in Windows, and the albums still are not placed in a folder by artist IE: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\MusicFab\Spotify\<artist >\<album>\<tracks>. These (for me) are more minor issues though. When I replace the folder art, it shows up fine, and this is a relatively easy task for me. It would be nice if those issues were solved however.

I have yet to try a two (or more) disc album to see if the tracks are sorted into their proper Disc folder. This is a LOT of work on the back end and a rather large issue for me.

The good news is (so far), There have been visible positive steps, and I am confident that the team is growing the software in an also positive direction. I upload a copy of the log file the the Ticket que. I have also attached a copy here also on the off chance that someone might find it useful. ​I'll be back with more on the multi disc album issue.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by supine; 08-26-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Whookaay... All of the tracks on multi-disc albums are still being dumped into a single directory (folder). When I went in to find a two disc (or more) album from any artist, the "Protected Content" screen did briefly rear its ugly head; but it was swiftly dismissed by restarting the program. Although this does not bode well for the final disposition of this issue; so far, it's a lot better than it was. My former frustration with that nagging issue was immense. Hopefully it will stay stomped down. One has to remember that the streamers don't like this type of software and are actively working to stop it. Developers from the "Fab Team" constantly have to stay ahead of the developers on the other side working against them. They always have to keep finding ways around more than just the current issues to stay ahead of the power curve. ,,,, and product development and advancement still has to continue. As new (or old) issues arise, I will work on bringing them to the attention of the team. I am greatly looking forward to the next iteration. Hopefully more of the current issues will go away.

Edit: I would like to thank the people that follow this thread and reply. I DO like to talk, but I hate shouting into the wind. Your replies, comments, support or advice are greatly appreciated.
                                Last edited by supine; 08-26-2023, 06:07 PM. Reason: Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X