Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post
    Previous Post STILL """Unapproved"""""

I AM NOT A NEW MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    There will be some time difference issues in different areas, when we see a posting we will approve it first!

Comment

Originally posted by sylvia View Post

there will be some time difference issues in different areas, when we see a posting we will approve it first!
      i am not a new member

it just recently started

so tell me the truth

why---why---why---

are you doing this to me ????

Comment

Hi Supine,

yes, in the dropdown list "sort output files by" is the artist/album point. Works that better for you?

Click image for larger version  Name:	grafik.png Views:	0 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	429843

Malewarebytes:
        In the past, I read in an Audials 2022 forum that Malwarebytes could interfere with downloading Spotify titles and cause errors. That's why I always turn off Malwarebytes temporarily.​

Administrator
        I run all of my sw as administrator. I remember that some sw has problems when it run not as administrator.

The "Protected Content" screen:
        I have this only 1, maximum 2 times the week. If I start musicfab, every time I always click on my "Profile" first. Only then I look for titles.​

What i have noticed is that for artists who have multiple discs in an album in spotify, after setting it to download, those discs are ignored and a single download list is created​

Greetings
        Last edited by StPeterOrding2015; 08-30-2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
          Hi Supine,
          What i have noticed is that for artists who have multiple discs in an album in spotify, after setting it to download, those discs are ignored and a single download list is created​
          Greetings
          Yes! That's the issue. When I look in Spotify, I can see the proper tracks separated by disc. What I would like MusicFab to do, is keep them that way. Currently, MusicFab is creating a single list for the entire album, and dumping all of the tracks for multiple discs into a single folder.

As far as Malwarebytes is concerned, I don't think that's the issue with the greyed out tracks. That happens on my phone also, and I don't have Malwarebytes or any virus program on that.

I'll try that "Profile" tip and launch MusicFab as an administrator. Thank you for the tips. That "Protected Content" screen rears its ugly head very often for me, and is hard to get rid of. Even if I can cut the frequency down to once or twice a week, that would be a major help.

The Album/Artist selection is still a little kludgy. If there is a collaboration, duet, or guest artist, MusicFab is singling that track out and creating a new artist folder for that track, rather than keeping all of the tracks that belong in that album together. #Sylvia, If you could ask the team if there is a work around for that issue, I would appreciate it.

#ord1117, Now that the <Artist>\<Album>\<Track> issue is partially resolved, I can select multiple albums from different artists, and each one will be tucked into its specific (and properly labeled) folder. I don't have to rename, create new folders, or move anything if everything works correctly. That way, I also don't have to work with a single artist at a time, and wait for that artist to finish to keep confusion to a minimum if I have extensive album lists.

The Duet or Collaboration tracks that are seg'd out are listed with the artists name, and the album that it belongs to. It's work on the back end, yes; but far easier if I want to list albums from different artists in the download que. The only MAJOR issue I can foresee is Multi-Artist albums or soundtracks with multiple artists. That, (pretty much) would create a new folder for each track. The Album name would be inside each folder, but that scenario would create extensive work. Things are coming along though. One chip at a time. I guess I could turn off the <Artist>\<Album> sort for those, but it would be better if the programming and development team would be able to find a way to keep all of the tracks in an album together.

Stay cool people, and thanks again for the tips #StPeterOrding2015

Update: #StPeterOrding2015, I figured out how to clear the Cache in MusicFab. I also temporarily disabled Malwarebytes, and started MusicFab in the Admin mode. So far, it hasn't helped. I can't click on my profile before selecting titles, because it's behind the "Protected Content" screen, and I don't see where else I can click before starting Spotify. I tried clicking on my name at the top of the service selection page and other places. They just opened up a browser window that took me to the MusicFab Member portal or website. I'll keep trying other things as I can dream them up. I appreciate your input. -Thanks-
          (Smee)
          Last edited by supine; 08-30-2023, 07:43 PM.

Comment

BTW: The Multi-Artist album nightmare happened to me. One of the Albums under the single artist I was downloading happened to be a Multi-Artist Album. I had over twenty folders scattered in my download directory. Woops!

Comment

I followed the links in the Spotify "Protected Content" screen for a possible resolution. This is what I got/ Hope it helps. I cannot make changes in the MusicFab browser. When I try this I'm taken to a youtube site. This one may be for the android version of Chrome, but the help section in Spotify should help. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I would be able to use this information.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Protected Content Fix.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	429863
              Last edited by supine; 08-31-2023, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Hi Supine,
                I remember that you use Chrome for WEB-Browsing on your pc, yes?
                Maybe it would help to change in Chrome, on your pc, the settings as descripted chrome://settings/content ... etcetc.
                Why:
                Im not sure - but - It could be that Musicfab uses the main web browser on a PC and uses that browser in the musicfab application​ .

Yes, the greyed out tracks are not a problem with malewarebytes. Malewarebytes makes sometimes trouble by some downloads.

About the "... discs are ignored and a single download list is created..​", I create just a ticket in the ticket tool.

Greetings
                Last edited by StPeterOrding2015; 08-31-2023, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Hi Supine,
                  I remember that you use Chrome for WEB-Browsing on your pc, yes?
                  Maybe it would help to change in Chrome, on your pc, the settings as descripted chrome://settings/content ... etcetc.
                  Why:
                  Im not sure - but - It could be that Musicfab uses the main web browser on a PC and uses that browser in the musicfab application​ .

Yes, the greyed out tracks are not a problem with malewarebytes. Malewarebytes makes sometimes trouble by some downloads.

About the "... discs are ignored and a single download list is created..​", I create just a ticket in the ticket tool.

Greetings
                  Thank you for creating a ticket. Perhaps it will help lend some urgency to the problem.

I'm afraid that I believe that the MusicFab browser is a stand alone browser (although it does seem to be Chromium based.). What leads me to that belief, is that I have no problem with the "Protected Content" screen going in to Spotify through Chrome, Edge, or Opera. For some reason I could not log in at all using the Duckduckgo browser. I've only tried that browser twice though, and it may be something Isolated.

Although the Duckduckgo browser claims to kill all trackers, Microsoft trackers seem to get through just fine. I also can't drop shortcuts to my desktop from the Duckduckgo address bar. I like the search on that browser though, and I does kill an awful lot of trackers that would ordinarily get through, even if it doesn't catch all of them.
                  Opera is a wonderful niche browser, and seems to lead the pack in innovation. It also comes with a free VPN.
                  Like Firefox, Google is a "main stream" browser, and seems to be more compatible with some of the more esoteric websites.
                  Although my problems with Edge have been mostly resolved, I continue to avoid it because it feels like it's being shoved down my throat by Microsoft. I DO use Edge on rare occasions though. Woops! There I go again getting sidetracked. Perhaps you can let me know if Firefox encounters the "Protected Content" issue.

I'm looking forward to the next MusicFab update. Perhaps the MusicFab programming and development team will find a way to solve one of the larger issues. If not next time, perhaps the next (or the next). I still have hope and faith that the MusicFab team will solve the issues holding this endeavor back from being a user friendly, streamlined product.

Thank you for your input and suggestions.

Comment

This is the answer from the musicfab team:

"Hello,
                    Please provide us some examples.
                    Screenshot the related process to tell us what those are missing from the list.
                    The related MusicFab log file is also needed too.
                    Thanks in advance.
                    ...​"

I give up

Greetings

Comment

While playing in Amazon Music, I got this (attached) error again. I went back to the Spotify side of the program, and this time, I followed the instructions for Edge for a fix instead of Chrome. In the MusicFab program, nothing happened when I tried to update their browser. I got an error on my machine when I tried to install the Multimedia pack as instructed, saying that that package did not pertain to my machine. Of course, downloading the separate Amazon Music app to my machine would do me no good in MusicFab. Although I posted this error that showed up in the Amazon section earlier in this thread, I did not pursue a resolution in Spotify at that time. I also created a ticket on this when I encountered it, but would imagine Amazon users are probably equally frustrated with MusicFab, as the issue still exists. I just wanted to ask the staff and teams if they think these errors might be a singular issue with the Fab Browser? If so, would that make finding a resolution to problems happening across different streaming platforms, due to a common cause, easier?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Edge Version Not Supported.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	429944
                      Last edited by supine; 09-01-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

This is the answer from the musicfab team:

"Hello,
                        Please provide us some examples.
                        Screenshot the related process to tell us what those are missing from the list.
                        The related MusicFab log file is also needed too.
                        Thanks in advance.
                        ...​"

I give up

Greetings
                        Aaaa... I got pretty much the same thing. I went back in and explained the issue in detail, and told them they should be able to replicate the problem. I got an answer back saying they would investigate the issue.
                        Please follow up. If more people put in tickets on this issue, perhaps the wheel that squeaks the loudest will get the grease first.

Edit: I'm not sure that a great many people who paid for MusicFab even know about the Member Portal or how to access it. I imagine, that this would cut down greatly on the number of tickets that the Staff and Team sees. Still... I'm sure that the Staff and team realize that even with fewer tickets, that these problems do exist and take them seriously.

I hope also they realize, that Issues like the "Protected Content" screen lock people out of Spotify (in MusicFab), and render MusicFab pretty much useless until it can somehow be dismissed. Users that are not technically savvy, or less determined to put up with the extreme frustration of rebooting their machine (sometimes several times) and restarting MusicFab (more than several times), will find themselves unable to use the program at all. Even If these users realize that these steps will work, I myself have been locked out for hours. Three free downloads, really isn't enough to properly evaluate the program. Especially if the "Protected Content" or Edge Compatibility screens doesn't rear their ugly head, and the three free songs download without a hitch. If they could only work on one problem at a time, that's the one that I would like to see at the head of the list. I still wonder why; while I am locked out of Spotify in MusicFab, I can open Edge or Chrome outside of MusicFab, and have no issues logging in or listening to music. Curious.

BTW: This version of MusicFab is crashing on me often. I have already provided logs, and put in a ticket. The frequency of this issue is disturbing. Is this happening to anyone else?
                        Last edited by supine; 09-02-2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Album/Artist isn't working out for me. I'm going back to one artist at a time. Although I would like to keep it, folders for collaboration and featured artist tracks are getting pulled out of the albums and are becoming to much work to reunite with their respective albums. Collaboration tracks should stay with the album. I do see the difficulty though.

Comment

I Just updated to 1.0.1.4. The protected content screen is still an issue. I deleted both the Log and the Temp folders, and rebooted the computer before starting the updated program. Something I've not mentioned before that may be relevant is, when I delete the log files, I'm signed out of my Spotify account. The Spotify interface comes up normally with the Spotify Log On Screen in the MusicFab browser. It is not until I log onto my Spotify account through the MusicFab browser that the "Protected Content" screen comes up. If I log onto my account outside of MusicFab using another browser, I don't have that issue. Even running MusicFab (with nothing in the download que) in the background. I turned in a ticket on this saying pretty much exactly the same thing. Something I didn't mention in the ticket is, after finally getting in and selecting a short download list, the track selection window failed to come up (again) after selecting an album. I could see all of the tracks listed, but could not select any of them. When I closed the program and restarted it, the "Protected Content' screen was back. I hope this information helps.
                            Last edited by supine; 09-07-2023, 08:42 PM.

Comment

#StPeterOrding2015​, Since you said that you only get a "Protected Content" screen about once per week, I thought that the issue might be somehow related to where someone logs into Spotify from. I logged in from Frankfurt several times, and it didn't seem to make a difference. I still got the error. (Just a note.)

The new iteration of MusicFab still crashes. The team from the ticket que seems to think that it's something on my end. I DO have privacy and cleaning software on my computer that shuts down browsers, but it's only scheduled to run at 2am. Since MusicFab crashes (sometimes multiple times) during the day, I doubted that the privacy and cleaning software I use is the issue. MusicFab can and does stay up for long stretches. As an experiment, I started a long download que, and left MusicFab running all night. When I got up the next morning, the que was finished, and MusicFab was still up. The Google browser that I had left open as a control had been closed during the night by the cleaning and privacy software. Based on this, and the fact that the only type of software that would cause MusicFab to shut down, only runs at specific times, I don't think this is the cause. While this does not rule out Software incompatibility, It would have to be something generic on my computer that is causing the issue. Since (other than my Malwarebytes antivirus) I don't run a bunch of TSR's (Terminate and stay resident programs), I don't know what can be causing the crashes on my end. I sometimes run StreamFab at the same time as MusicFab, but have seen no correlation to the crashes, as MusicFab crashes weather this program is running or not, and even after the StreamFab background processes have been terminated. I also open browser windows while MusicFab is running, but they don't seem to be causing the program to crash either. I'm wondering if MusicFab crashes off the screen from time to time for others. Since this is a pretty isolated thread, I invite comments. Perhaps someone has seen something about this issue in another thread or Forum.

Comment

Hi Supine,
                                question again, did you use MusicFab as Administrator?
                                For me it's equal to use MF in the morning or in the afternoon, at both times I have no trouble with 1.0,1.0, but the 1.0.0.6 was 3 or 4 times faster then the 1.0.1.0...
                                Greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X