Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
    Hi Supine,
    question again, did you use MusicFab as Administrator?
    For me it's equal to use MF in the morning or in the afternoon, at both times I have no trouble with 1.0,1.0, but the 1.0.0.6 was 3 or 4 times faster then the 1.0.1.0...
    Greetings
    Aaah! No I forgot. You recommended that before and it didn't help with the "Protected Content" screen, so I quit trying that. When I was trying to log in from Germany, I should have remembered that. (Sorry) I'll try that again with this new revision. If launching under an Admin session doesn't work where I'm at, I'll try Germany again.

On the Multiple Disc Albums going into a single directory front; they haven't fixed that either. In the initial version there was no trouble with this, but there was a redundant directory in each album folder labeled D1 or Disc 1 (I can't remember which.) It wasn't until the developers got rid of that redundant directory that the problem started. Since the Discs are separated in Spotify, I would not think that problem would that hard to fix. Since I don't code anymore, I'll just have to take the Staff and development teams word, that they are still working on the problem. I would rather deal with the extra directory in single album folders than have to go through that much work on the back end to fix multiple disc albums and separate all of the files into the correct Disc folders.

Comment

Admin Mode didn't help with the "Protected Content" screen (still) nor did signing in from Germany.

Comment

Would someone please explain to me how to download Amazon HD Atmos songs? There are no directions for doing so and I could not find any way to achieve this.

Comment

Originally posted by mlknez View Post
          Would someone please explain to me how to download Amazon HD Atmos songs? There are no directions for doing so and I could not find any way to achieve this.
          Not sure... Try Settings/VIP Services/Amazon/Format/Spatial Audio. You will still have to run it through a proper decoder to hear the difference. If that doesn't work, try the FLAC format. It sounds wonderful through my Dolby 5.1 surround system.

EDIT: The music tracks have to be encoded originally in the format that you are trying to listen to for there to be any difference. IE: If the original piece was encoded in Stereo from the 1960s, that's as good as it will get. And as far as the Decoder goes, Unless you have a 6.1, or 7.1 Atmos card with the properly attached speakers you probably will not be able to hear the music properly. (Even if it was coded in Atmos) if you try to listen to it on your computer. I stream my music across my home network to A Mini Fanless PC in my Livingroom and into my receiver amp that has 6 Surround speakers attached. I believe hooking your laptop to a receiver amp with the proper built in decoder through an optical or HDMI connection should work also.

NOTE: They sell inexpensive HDMI to Audio adapters with optical output on Amazon.
          Last edited by supine; 09-14-2023, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Small correction to my last post. You don't have to have a receiver in your amp. A regular amp with the proper decoder will work fine. I'm just old school and automatically put the word receiver before Amp without thought.

Comment

Talking About AMPS-----

You can get a Portable AMP, to play with your Portable Player. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks Like MY POSTS---are Still Being """"""" UN-Approved """""""""""

WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY---WHY ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

Not sure... Try Settings/VIP Services/Amazon/Format/Spatial Audio. You will still have to run it through a proper decoder to hear the difference. If that doesn't work, try the FLAC format. It sounds wonderful through my Dolby 5.1 surround system.

EDIT: The music tracks have to be encoded originally in the format that you are trying to listen to for there to be any difference. IE: If the original piece was encoded in Stereo from the 1960s, that's as good as it will get. And as far as the Decoder goes, Unless you have a 6.1, or 7.1 Atmos card with the properly attached speakers you probably will not be able to hear the music properly. (Even if it was coded in Atmos) if you try to listen to it on your computer. I stream my music across my home network to A Mini Fanless PC in my Livingroom and into my receiver amp that has 6 Surround speakers attached. I believe hooking your laptop to a receiver amp with the proper built in decoder through an optical or HDMI connection should work also.

NOTE: They sell inexpensive HDMI to Audio adapters with optical output on Amazon.
                  Thanks for your reply but, alas, that does not work. You see, Musicfab uses the Amazon Music web client. The web client has no concept of spatial audio. It does not allow quality settings above HD. When i search for a song that i know (i have a firecube that DOES do Atmos on Amazon Music) is available in "spatial audio", the web client, thus the Musicfab software, does not see it.

You are correct that there is a spatial audio setting in Musicfab, but it is unusable unless the musicfab software can see a spatial audio version to download.

Comment

Thanks for your reply but, alas, that does not work. You see, Musicfab uses the Amazon Music web client. The web client has no concept of spatial audio. It does not allow quality settings above HD. When i search for a song that i know (i have a firecube that DOES do Atmos on Amazon Music) is available in "spatial audio", the web client, thus the Musicfab software, does not see it.

You are correct that there is a spatial audio setting in Musicfab, but it is unusable unless the musicfab software can see a spatial audio version to download.
                    I also have had issues with the baked in MusicFab browser. Please turn in a ticket on this. The Member Portal link is https://musicfab.org/member.htm?a=ticket, then click on ticket after you log in. In the mean time, you might still want to try the FLAC format. The audio output may surprise you. Especially if you have all 8 channels that the Firecube supports hooked up. BTW: I have had trouble accessing the Ticket que using Chrome. If this occurs, please try different browsers.

If you would, please try the FLAC format for offline listening, and bounce the same song against the Atmos that you can undoubtedly get directly through your Cube. If you feel like trying this experiment, please post what you find. I'm very interested. I looked at the Firecube when it came out, but was put off by the latency, and the poor reviews. In the long run however, if YOU are satisfied, that's all that counts. The reviews that I read may be old. They said that even the 2nd Gen Firecube has trouble with Atmos, and delivers only up to 5.1.
                    EDIT: I can see if I can find the references again if you're interested in the articles.
                    From what I've heard from dedicated users though, it's leaps and bounds better than Roku. (although I personally have not put that to the test.) I'm also very interested in what someone else thinks.
                    Thanks.
                    Smee
                    Last edited by supine; 09-16-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

MusicFab still continues to crash with alarming frequency. I've already uploaded crash logs. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Comment

Sorry, Supine,,,,,

I am NOT into those CUBE Type things

Comment

Below, is a copy of a ticket I just posted in the Member Portal.

MusicFab crashed four times in one day. After restarting for the fifth time, MusicFab would not download from the que. The download arrow was moving, but all tracks continued to display "Waiting to download". After waiting twenty minutes, I closed and reopened the program several times and got the same result each time; even after rebooting twice. I uninstalled MusicFab, deleted the Temp and Log folders, then reinstalled. It still did the same thing. I then uninstalled MusicFab using Revo Uninstaller, completely eliminating all registry entries and all traces of MusicFab from my system except for the MusicFab folder in documents, which I manually deleted. After reinstalling again, and repopulating the Download que, I started the download process again. It didn't even get through the first track before crashing, and disappearing off the screen again. I am uploading that log, and a screen shot of the (trust me) moving download arrow, with all tracks saying "Waiting to download". I waited five minutes before taking the screen shot. After restarting again, the download process is proceeding normally. For how long, Who knows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Download stall 9-18-23.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	430747

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

I also have had issues with the baked in MusicFab browser. Please turn in a ticket on this. The Member Portal link is https://musicfab.org/member.htm?a=ticket, then click on ticket after you log in. In the mean time, you might still want to try the FLAC format. The audio output may surprise you. Especially if you have all 8 channels that the Firecube supports hooked up. BTW: I have had trouble accessing the Ticket que using Chrome. If this occurs, please try different browsers.

If you would, please try the FLAC format for offline listening, and bounce the same song against the Atmos that you can undoubtedly get directly through your Cube. If you feel like trying this experiment, please post what you find. I'm very interested. I looked at the Firecube when it came out, but was put off by the latency, and the poor reviews. In the long run however, if YOU are satisfied, that's all that counts. The reviews that I read may be old. They said that even the 2nd Gen Firecube has trouble with Atmos, and delivers only up to 5.1.
                            EDIT: I can see if I can find the references again if you're interested in the articles.
                            From what I've heard from dedicated users though, it's leaps and bounds better than Roku. (although I personally have not put that to the test.) I'm also very interested in what someone else thinks.
                            Thanks.
                            Smee
                            I cant compare any sound from Musicfab "Atmos" support vs the Fire cube as there is NO Atmos support from musicfab that i can make work. The Atmos files from Amazon Music HD are not visible to download in Musicfab.

Comment

I cant compare any sound from Musicfab "Atmos" support vs the Fire cube as there is NO Atmos support from musicfab that i can make work. The Atmos files from Amazon Music HD are not visible to download in Musicfab.
                              I see... I was probably less than clear about what I was asking.
                              If you would, Please download a song in .flac format onto your computer using MusicFab, and listen to it through the Cube. Then stream the same song directly from Amazon natively through your Cube with Atmos, and see if there is a discernible difference. If you don't feel like conducting this experiment, that's fine. I don't want to be a bother; I'm just curious.

Comment

I Don't like the Cube Things

Here is another TEST For You.

RIP A CD into

MP3
                                FLAC
                                Etc if need be !!!

Then Download the Same Album

in MP3 & FLAC etc

And check out the Sound Quality..

Comment

Working...