Here is another TEST For You.

RIP A CD into

MP3
      FLAC
      Etc if need be !!!

Then Download the Same Album

in MP3 & FLAC etc

And check out the Sound Quality..
      Most rippers don't have a check mark for Dolby Atmos. Although my Amplifier does have the capability to decode Atmos, the equipment I directly stream Amazon through into the Amp doesn't. I'm afraid that it would be like passing the music through a filter. Although the Amp has the capability of decoding Atmos, the music coming into the Amp would not be coded for Atmos to be decoded correctly by the Amp, and the extended channels would be lost. The Cube supposedly has the ability to decode and render Atmos natively directly from a streaming source. It was commissioned from Amazon for Amazon specifically to render music streamed or purchased through Amazon in the best quality. I was just wondering if there is an audible (there's a joke in there somewhere,) difference between what is streamed and rendered directly through the Cube, and what I can get downloading in FLAC format and sending it through the decoder in my amp. I have to say, my Amp does a wonderful job pulling 5.1 surround from the files I download. Until I passed the music into my Livingroom Amp and speakers recently, I didn't even know that type of coding was buried in that format. I was stuck listening in Stereo and didn't know what I was missing. If it can be even better though..... The difference between proper Atmos rendering and what I hear from a FLAC file through my own equipment is the key here. I have no way of testing this short of purchasing a Cube. I was wondering if I could talk #mlknez into doing a little independent testing for me, and formulating an opinion. If there is a night and day difference (like between stereo and Dolby 5.1 Surround) I would probably have to rethink the equipment I'm getting my streaming services through,
      Last edited by supine; 09-20-2023, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Yea, You know more about this Dolby Atmos thing then I Do.

These AUDIO Things that are on Blu-Ray & 4K----your Speakers and Sound equipment need to be able to Detect it and use it.

The reason I brought up the CD thing, is because I don't know what Audio Coding is on Streamed music.

If the Coding is NOT there on the Streaming Music, Dolby Atmos etc just wont Work.

I know I am saying things that you already KNOW !!!!!

I may be WRONG, But it seems like 5.1 Audio has a Smaller BIT RATE, Than STEREO. !!!!!!!!!

Comment

UN--Approved AGAIN

Dont you have something better to do than sit around and approving my messages.

FIX THE BUG

BY BUG------I MEAN YOU

Comment

@ord1117
            If after over 100 posts, your posts still need to be approved (or approved again), it may be because of your behaviour.

Comment

D300-------My Behavior ???

It just started happening a month or so ago.

They have been completly Silent to me.

All My ""unapproved"" Posts have been ""Approved""

So what is THEIR Problem ????????

This POST Will Be "UNapproved""

Untill they find the time to ""Approve It""

I will just cont to post things------That's ALL I Can DO ??????

Comment

D300 He was trolling the stream Fab subforum also, he is very rude.
                Last edited by D300; 09-24-2023, 06:46 PM.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Chameleon------You are Just Attacking ME----Because I said Something YOU DID NOT LIKE !!!!!!!!!!!

GROW UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT YOUR FORUM-------QUIT BEING A BABY -----WAA----WAA

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

I see... I was probably less than clear about what I was asking.
                    If you would, Please download a song in .flac format onto your computer using MusicFab, and listen to it through the Cube. Then stream the same song directly from Amazon natively through your Cube with Atmos, and see if there is a discernible difference. If you don't feel like conducting this experiment, that's fine. I don't want to be a bother; I'm just curious.
                    This is not about quality. Atmos tracks are mixed and engineered for more than 2 channels.

Comment

Originally posted by mlknez View Post

This is not about quality. Atmos tracks are mixed and engineered for more than 2 channels.
                      Thanks for your reply. The format that I'm downloading seems like it does quite well with 5.1 Surround as long as what I'm playing it through understands the imbedded coding (Which it does.). I believe I'll just stick with what I have. My small family room would probably be overserved anyway by adding two more speakers. I was just curious. Thanks again.

Comment

In other news, I just updated MusicFab to 1.0.1.5. Although the "Protected Content" screen reared it's ugly head again, once I rebooted and restarted MusicFab it went away, and has not been back for several restarts. (Just closing and reopening the Spotify tab, or closing and restarting MusicFab didn't work to get rid of the "Protected Content" screen.) MusicFab continues to crash intermittently, and it seems that the issue concerning Multidisc albums has not been addressed. It's still dumping tracks for all of the discs into a single directory. After downloading a short list, the Track Selection window failed to come up again. This is also an ongoing issue. Restarting the program however, restored the selection window, and did not require a reboot. The Album Artwork, despite being in the tag, still does not display in Windows. I believe that this could be an ID2/3 issue, as when I replace the artwork in the tags, it is displayed in Windows.
                        Either I wasn't offered an update log, or I clicked right through it. I can't say what has been changed in this new update, but for now, it seems that my major concerns still exist. I am looking forward to the next update. If the moderators have any input to the Programming and development side, I would appreciate a gentle "Nudge" asking them to (perhaps) put a little more time and thought into these specific issues. I DO realize that the Spotify specific issues only concern one platform, but to me, major issues on any platform affects the program as a whole.
                        -Thanks-
                        Last edited by supine; 09-23-2023, 12:58 PM.

Comment

When I found out that I could also get 5.1 Surround from a properly coded .mp3 file, I switched to that format to save space. It seems, that the issue of the artwork not showing in Windows is primarily MP3 format. I downloaded a few albums in another format, and all of the artwork showed up fine in Windows. Just sayin'... No sense in casting dispersion where there is no blame. It's still an issue; it's just more complicated than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                            D300 He was trolling the stream Fab subforum also, he is very rude. He should be banned.
                            I complained about being Unapproved when I Post (But ALL Of MY Posts have been APPROVED) !!!!

And Chameleon CONT to attack ME, with his Unnecessary Comments and Accusations !!!!!!

Chameleon SAID,

""He was trolling the stream Fab subforum also, he is very rude. He should be banned.""​-------

I was Trolling------I was Rude !!!!!!!!!!!!

Chameleon I know YOU have a CHIP on your Shoulder about ME, Please STOP !!!!!!!

OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post

I complained about being Unapproved when I Post (But ALL Of MY Posts have been APPROVED) !!!!

And Chameleon CONT to attack ME, with his Unnecessary Comments and Accusations !!!!!!

Chameleon SAID,

""He was trolling the stream Fab subforum also, he is very rude. He should be banned.""​-------

I was Trolling------I was Rude !!!!!!!!!!!!

Chameleon I know YOU have a CHIP on your Shoulder about ME, Please STOP !!!!!!!

OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Please! Petty bickering in an open forum is beneath us all. ord1117, The Moderator (D300) was not trying to be rude. His/Her comment sounded more like a suggestion. What this means is, there have probably been complaints PM'd or Msg'd back to the Mod's from more than one registered user concerning a comment or comments you have made. (Usually the threshold is several different registered users) They are obligated to look into these complaints, and this forces someone to actually read everything that you submit before allowing it to post on the Forum. Trust me. They don't like doing this. The fact that everything you submit is approved and posted means that although often snarky and negative, your comments do not actually violate the T.O.S.. (The Mod's are usually pretty fair about things like that.) Although this is a pain for everyone, It just means your posts are delayed for a while (Unless they actually do violate the T.O.S.). Neither you or the Mod's have much choice in this. What I recommend is, just ignore it until it eventually blows over, and your posts eventually resume normalcy. ...just a suggestion. If we could not bicker on an open Forum I would appreciate it.
                              Last edited by supine; 09-25-2023, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Well... It looks like ord1117 crossed a line. The T.O.S. (Forum rules) are generally known, and fairly liberal. Although some leeway is sometimes given, they are also fairly strict.
                                If negative comments were a reason to be kicked off, Microsoft would have banned me years ago. I know that my commenting on issues and deficits in an app, program or platform are sometimes construed as negative. There is no malice in my comments however. I don't loose any sleep over these issues, nor do I harbor ill feelings toward people who disagree with me in these Forums. The negative effect on my life and wellbeing isn't worth it. ord1117; If you haven't ditched reading this Forum thread; raise a glass and party on. Trust me; the heartburn isn't worth carrying a grudge. (Peace be with you.)
                                Last edited by supine; 09-28-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X