No announcement yet.

Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... 1,0,0,7 is out. The first thing I ran into is that "Playback of protected content" screen. I cleared my cache and rebooted to make sure MusicFab got a firm foothold. Three restarts and two reboots later, I finally managed to get in. I'll let you all know how the rest turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post
      Hi Supine

Music Fab is probably getting Pisssed at us Talking like this.

BUT I have NOT tried Music Fab YET !!!!!!

I'm waiting for SUPINE,,,,, To tell me it's OK to enter the water !!!!!!!!!!!
      I suppose we HAVE gone (more than) a little off topic in a couple of posts.

Back on Topic: As I mentioned earlier, the "Protected Content" issue is still there in the new release.

The "Window" still pops up on top. This is more than annoying, it's invasive. Once the que is loaded, MusicFab should operate invisibly in the background. I DO want the window to open. Just not on top of everything I'm working on at the moment.

The problem with MusicFab dumping all of the tracks from double and triple albums into a single folder with no disc separation still exists.

When trying to load albums deep in a Discography list of a prolific author, I am bounced all the way back to the top of the list after loading an album or tracks into the que. Wending my way back down the list to where I was is tedious and time consuming. The list appears in stages in the U.I., and I can't just pull the slider down to where I was. When I am towards the top of the list, this does not happen.

The window to import tracks into the que when you click on an album also stops functioning at odd times. I don't know if there is a "Max Limit" for tracks in the cue, but the number of tracks in the que when it stops working is never the same. (I didn't report that aspect through the member portal) Resetting the software sometimes allows me to continue. Today, I wondered how far I could "push" the number of files in the que before it quit. I was up over 800 when the import window ceased to function. That aught to take a few days! (the lowest number so far is 183) 300 of those are "In the can". I thought about deleting the rest, but I believe I'll let them ride, and see what happens.

In the release notes, I read that there is a way to stop the .lrc files from populating in the directory. I still can't find that menu option.

On the positive side, the truncation problem has not re-appeared. Neither has the high failure rate. MusicFab doesn't "Crash off the screen" as frequently either. I have been able to download content from my paid Spotify account for off-line listening. I was also able to load an album (in .flac format) onto my network that is Multi-Channel encoded. I was then, able to listen to it properly in my Livingroom, where I was able to get it into my Multi-Chanel system, that is able to decode the music and render it properly. Oh.. My... Heavens! What a world of heavenly sounds I would have missed in just stereo. I didn't even know (before this) that it was possible to keep Multi-Chanel encoding intact in that format.

Although the software is not quite ready, I can download content from Spotify for off line listening as they advertised, once I get past the "Protected content" screen in the MusicFab browser. That is sometimes a challenging issue. You are limited to 300 downloads per day, but that, (I feel) is not an unreasonable number. It's more than likely, that that's a Spotify cap and not anything MusicFab has any control over.

There are still quite a few bumps hurdles, and challenges to overcome for this software. As I mentioned earlier, I still have every confidence in the "Fab Team".

Once I am able to reliably access Spotify and easily access their entire library; then confidently download and access error free files for off-line listening the rest should be downhill (oh yeah, and put the files in proper directories by disc).

If the "protected content" screen and the multi disc directory issues are taken care of, I think that they are really close to hitting that benchmark. I have already downloaded hundreds of songs for off-line listening. I'm sure that doesn't mean that they will stop working on the frustrating, less impactful issues, but the software aught to be "Basically Usable" by then.

I put in a "Ticket" through the member portal reporting most of these issues. I'll report any other issues that pop up during my "testing" both here and through the portal.

As you have probably surmised, I am constantly "pushing" this software to see if it breaks. There have been a few smaller things that did not make this forum, but they were minor, and some seem to have disappeared after an update. Although I have repeated myself during this journey, I call it "Stressing the issue", or "Missing a fix during an update". At this point, I do not expect to find any more "Major Issues". I'm sure that the "Fab Team" has been working on this as diligently as they can. Hopefully this software (although it's already been released.) will hit the release stage soon. I'm betting that the Fab Team" also already has development teams working to support more streaming platforms. Pandora? Who knows.
      Last edited by supine; 06-28-2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Supine,

Keep that STICK up their ASS

Maybe things will work OUT.

Looks Like StreamFab is also having problems

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

I suppose we HAVE gone (more than) a little off topic in a couple of posts.

Back on Topic: As I mentioned earlier, the "Protected Content" issue is still there in the new release.

The "Window" still pops up on top. This is more than annoying, it's invasive. Once the que is loaded, MusicFab should operate invisibly in the background. I DO want the window to open. Just not on top of everything I'm working on at the moment.

The problem with MusicFab dumping all of the tracks from double and triple albums into a single folder with no disc separation still exists.

When trying to load albums deep in a Discography list of a prolific author, I am bounced all the way back to the top of the list after loading an album or tracks into the que. Wending my way back down the list to where I was is tedious and time consuming. The list appears in stages in the U.I., and I can't just pull the slider down to where I was. When I am towards the top of the list, this does not happen.

The window to import tracks into the que when you click on an album also stops functioning at odd times. I don't know if there is a "Max Limit" for tracks in the cue, but the number of tracks in the que when it stops working is never the same. (I didn't report that aspect through the member portal) Resetting the software sometimes allows me to continue. Today, I wondered how far I could "push" the number of files in the que before it quit. I was up over 800 when the import window ceased to function. That aught to take a few days! (the lowest number so far is 183) 300 of those are "In the can". I thought about deleting the rest, but I believe I'll let them ride, and see what happens.

In the release notes, I read that there is a way to stop the .lrc files from populating in the directory. I still can't find that menu option.

On the positive side, the truncation problem has not re-appeared. Neither has the high failure rate. MusicFab doesn't "Crash off the screen" as frequently either. I have been able to download content from my paid Spotify account for off-line listening. I was also able to load an album (in .flac format) onto my network that is Multi-Channel encoded. I was then, able to listen to it properly in my Livingroom, where I was able to get it into my Multi-Chanel system, that is able to decode the music and render it properly. Oh.. My... Heavens! What a world of heavenly sounds I would have missed in just stereo. I didn't even know (before this) that it was possible to keep Multi-Chanel encoding intact in that format.

Although the software is not quite ready, I can download content from Spotify for off line listening as they advertised, once I get past the "Protected content" screen in the MusicFab browser. That is sometimes a challenging issue. You are limited to 300 downloads per day, but that, (I feel) is not an unreasonable number. It's more than likely, that that's a Spotify cap and not anything MusicFab has any control over.

There are still quite a few bumps hurdles, and challenges to overcome for this software. As I mentioned earlier, I still have every confidence in the "Fab Team".

Once I am able to reliably access Spotify and easily access their entire library; then confidently download and access error free files for off-line listening the rest should be downhill (oh yeah, and put the files in proper directories by disc).

If the "protected content" screen and the multi disc directory issues are taken care of, I think that they are really close to hitting that benchmark. I have already downloaded hundreds of songs for off-line listening. I'm sure that doesn't mean that they will stop working on the frustrating, less impactful issues, but the software aught to be "Basically Usable" by then.

I put in a "Ticket" through the member portal reporting most of these issues. I'll report any other issues that pop up during my "testing" both here and through the portal.

As you have probably surmised, I am constantly "pushing" this software to see if it breaks. There have been a few smaller things that did not make this forum, but they were minor, and some seem to have disappeared after an update. Although I have repeated myself during this journey, I call it "Stressing the issue", or "Missing a fix during an update". At this point, I do not expect to find any more "Major Issues". I'm sure that the "Fab Team" has been working on this as diligently as they can. Hopefully this software (although it's already been released.) will hit the release stage soon. I'm betting that the Fab Team" also already has development teams working to support more streaming platforms. Pandora? Who knows.
          You can cancel the output of the lyrics file in Settings
          When you open Spotify with another browser, do you also get "Playback of protected content"?​
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

You can cancel the output of the lyrics file in Settings
            When you open Spotify with another browser, do you also get "Playback of protected content"?​
            #ord1117, These aren't meant to be derogatory or inflammatory posts. I'm kind of hoping they help. I will keep testing though.

#Sylvia, Thank you for the information. I was looking in MusicFab for that setting per release notes. No, I don't get a protected playback error when I go in normally (Not through MusicFab.) on any browser. I primarily use Google Chrome on my Windows 10, 11, and android devices. So far, the only place I see that error is in the Fab browser. I don't understand why. The Fab browser looks like it was modeled after Chromium. I do use Opera to access my tickets through the MusicFab Member portal. I can't seem to get in with Google Chrome.

I just logged in with Opera to test that browser and had no problem. I immediately logged out and tried the Fab browser and got the "Protected content" error.

I did find out something new though. I use my G-Mail account as my E-mail "Registration" address with Spotify. I couldn't log to Spotify in going through the G-Mail interface in the Fab browser even though my account is set up through a G-mail address. I usually just go down to the E-mail box and put my Google address in there. I thought it was a problem in MusicFab. It's not. I just had the same issue trying to get in through the Opera browser. That's one small issue off the "Fab" plate. It looks like a Spotify problem.
            Last edited by supine; 06-29-2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

My Stick UP the ASS Comment

was To Show How Disappointed I am in DVDfab Product Updates

Every once in a While, we will get an itty Bitty Update

What --- Are You USING High School Kids

Who work a Couple hours a day

YOU HAVE NUMEROUS PROBLEMS

With your Products !!!!!!!!!!!

YOU just Don't seem to CARE !!!!!!!!!

YOU PUSH OUT YOUR BARE BONE PRODUCTS

Just to get MONEY

And then YOU Want People to BUY IT

BY OFFERING THEM FREE UPDATES

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post
                Hi Supine,

Keep that STICK up their ASS

Maybe things will work OUT.

Looks Like StreamFab is also having problems
                Yup, StreamFab Seems to be broken again. With all that's been going on with MusicFab, I haven't been back to StreamFab for a while. With all of the Video references that I've seen in MusicFab, plus a few other things I see, I believe that MusicFab was created over the bones of StreamFab.

Question: When a file is being completed in MusicFab, I often see the word Remuxing. Can anybody tell me what that is? There is no Video portion to be reconciled with the Audio file. The .lrc files are not being merged into the Metadata. I'm just wondering what is being Remuxed, or what Remuxing is doing?
                Thank you for any clarification you can provide me.

Comment

Back up on streamFab. I don't know what happened. One day everything was failing, and a day later it wasn't. MusicFab is also running. Sometimes I hit the "Protected Content" screen, Sometimes I don't. for the moment, this is a "Don't".
                  Last edited by supine; 07-02-2023, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Yea I remember, That they were having some kind Audio Problem with StreamFab
                    and they put in an Older Audio thing.

I have NOT heard anything about the Audio being Fixed.

HOPEFULLY MusicFab Don't use Same TEC Person that DVDfab Use's.

Comment

Woops, spoke to soon. The "Protected Content" screen is being especially troublesome today. I have rebooted my machine three times and have shut down MusicFab and restarted I don't know how many times because I have lost count. Usually that screen goes away after a while. Not today. The MusicFab browser is stuck on that screen no matter how many times I reboot, and I am unable to do anything in MusicFab at all.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                        Woops, spoke to soon. The "Protected Content" screen is being especially troublesome today. I have rebooted my machine three times and have shut down MusicFab and restarted I don't know how many times because I have lost count. Usually that screen goes away after a while. Not today. The MusicFab browser is stuck on that screen no matter how many times I reboot, and I am unable to do anything in MusicFab at all.
                        Sorry for your trouble.
                        This problem we have and development feedback, is trying to find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

Sorry for your trouble.
                          This problem we have and development feedback, is trying to find a solution.
                          #Sylvia, Thank you for the simple update. You have no idea how much a single line from the Staff/Mod's means to me.

Err.... while you're talking to the development team, can you ask (if it's not to much trouble), that if I minimize the Window that pops up after a completion, that it would stay minimized?
                          Thank you again for your update.

BTW: I'm back in this morning, and actually using MusicFab
                          Last edited by supine; 07-03-2023, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Have to throw my 2 cents in here. I've been using Musicfab for almost a week already and hopefully I don't jinx myself but I have never run into the protected content screen or any kind of error. I've gotten 26 albums/playlists and just single songs and everything seems fine and plays well. I am also using a VPN when using Musicfab (not sure if this is why I am not getting a protected content screen) because I am not sure if the ISP can see that I am downloading from Spotify or if Spotify sees IP addresses. I know that sometimes when songs are greyed out, there are 2 reasons. The music company didn't give Spotify permission to use the song or the song is only available in certain countries which would mean they know where I am located (maybe not exactly), in which a VPN and changing your location in the settings on the web site comes into play. Also, if you have a credit card or paypal connected to the account, I would remove them, just in case Spotify does something, then they won't have your personal information.

I'm not sure if it's possible for you to post the song(s) that are giving you the protected content screen?​

Comment

Well... 1,0,0,8 is out. The first thing I noticed is that the "Protected Content" screen is still there. After clearing the cache and rebooting, it was still there. I used uninstaller software, and completely uninstalled MusicFab and re-installed it. The "Protected Content" screen was still there. Since I can't seem to get past that at the moment, I can't evaluate anything else. MusicFab is shut down for me at the moment. "I'll be back" once I manage to get in, and actually use it.

Comment

Why does the popup for Music Fab keep appearing over Streamfab? I can't get rid of it and it obscures some Stream fab info. Get rid of it

Comment

Working...
                                X