Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supine View Post

#Sylvia, Thank you very much for your kind reply. Although what you said makes sense, the U.I. did not behave like that before. It was much easier when I could back out of an album I was adding to the que, to the exact spot where I went into the album. True, after I was deep into the list it would refresh after every addition, but before I hit that point, the back arrow would take me back to exactly where I was, before I went into the album. I also like adding multiple albums to the que before I start the download. After I start downloading, the main Spotify interface page refreshes after every track making it impossible to add more. If I have somehow misunderstood your instructions, please let me know.

On another note,
    I loaded multiple albums into the que last night before I went to bed. When I checked this morning, MusicFab was not up. It had crashed shortly after I left the computer, with over ninety percent of the que unfinished. Strangely enough; this was a fresh new install, and I had not only deleted the .log file, I manually deleted the whole MusicFab folder under documents before re-installing. The .log file should have been still small enough to attach to this post, but I got an error saying

MusicFab.log
    File exceeds PHP's file-size limit of 2.00 MB.​

Something else that I've noticed: I got through with a short list in the que. When I went back to add more content to the que, an add list did not pop up when I selected an artist. Nor did an add list window pop up when I selected an album. After rebooting and restarting MusicFab (twice) I was finally able to add content.

Addendum: MusicFab crashed off the screen again this afternoon while downloading.
    Here's the thing, every download of a song requires the latest information from the site, so it creates a refreshing action. This is an issue we are aware of and working on trying to break through the technical barriers.

The crash log can be sent to us via Feedback, this issue has not happened again on our machine, so we need you to provide the log~!

Also, can you provide us with the model of your computer so that we can pinpoint the problem?​

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Compiter Specs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	428086 Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.pngGraphics Card.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	428087
      #Sylvia, No problem. The computer is a custom build. (it was pretty spiffy a couple of years ago. ) Here are the specs. I have uploaded my .log file through the link that you thoughtfully provided. Thank you. Let me know if you need anything else, or find a problem on my end.​ (Internet info below. I don't know if it's relevant.)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Speed Test.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	428090
      Attached Files
      Last edited by supine; 07-18-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

CPU and FSB info if you need it. Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU Stats.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	428092

Comment

Installed update 10. The popup window still populates on top of everything else, and will not stay minimized. I currently have it turned off due to the irritation factor. After installing the update I downloaded a small batch. When I went back in to repopulate the download que, no selection window popped up. After restarting the program, I got the "Protected Content" screen again. I completely uninstalled MusicFab, and deleted the MusicFab folder under documents. When I restarted the newly installed program, I was able to access the main interface normally. I started another (longer) list, and came back to find MusicFab had crashed again.

Double and triple disc album tracks are still going into a single directory. If the "Protected Content" screen shows back up again, I'll let you know. I AM able to download content. So far, the "Protected Content" screen hasn't shown up since I did a clean install. If it remains gone, the only other glitches that I consider major issues are 1. All of the tracks from multiple disc directories going into a single directory. 2. The program still crashes. Yes, the Pop-Up window is annoying, but it can be turned off until something can be found to stop it from populating "on top". Having to restart the program to get a selection window to pop up is one of those grey area glitches that will need to be addressed rapidly. Not a minor glitch, but something someone can do in a small amount of time to get the software working again. It's not something one would find in ready to release software. Hopefully this software will be "ready for prime time" soon.
          Last edited by supine; 07-21-2023, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Sylvia Just bought the Spotify Module of MusicFab, and have a quick question. Are the LRC files necessary? Or can I delete them.

So far I like it as it does what I want it to do

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post
              Sylvia Just bought the Spotify Module of MusicFab, and have a quick question. Are the LRC files necessary? Or can I delete them.

So far I like it as it does what I want it to do
              lrc files to allow browsing of lyrics in supported players.
              If you don't need it, you can uncheck "Output the lyrics as .lrc file" in Settings-Vip Services.​

Comment

Installed update 10. The popup window still populates on top of everything else, and will not stay minimized. I currently have it turned off due to the irritation factor. After installing the update I downloaded a small batch. When I went back in to repopulate the download que, no selection window popped up. After restarting the program, I got the "Protected Content" screen again. I completely uninstalled MusicFab, and deleted the MusicFab folder under documents. When I restarted the newly installed program, I was able to access the main interface normally. I started another (longer) list, and came back to find MusicFab had crashed again.

Double and triple disc album tracks are still going into a single directory. If the "Protected Content" screen shows back up again, I'll let you know. I AM able to download content. So far, the "Protected Content" screen hasn't shown up since I did a clean install. If it remains gone, the only other glitches that I consider major issues are 1. All of the tracks from multiple disc directories going into a single directory. 2. The program still crashes. Yes, the Pop-Up window is annoying, but it can be turned off until something can be found to stop it from populating "on top". Having to restart the program to get a selection window to pop up is one of those grey area glitches that will need to be addressed rapidly. Not a minor glitch, but something someone can do in a small amount of time to get the software working again. It's not something one would find in ready to release software. Hopefully this software will be "ready for prime time" soon.
                Can you give us the name of the album?
                About "All of the tracks from multiple disc directories going into a single directory."

Comment

When the selection pop-up window cannot be displayed, is the task in your queue in the state of pause or download?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

When the selection pop-up window cannot be displayed, is the task in your queue in the state of pause or download?
                    There was nothing at all in the download que when the selection pop-up didn't appear. One set had completed and I was trying to populate a new list. Closing down the program resets this when the "Protected Content" screen doesn't appear. (and it still does)

The multiple disc issue still exists.

Comment

NO UPDATE---in almost a Month !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There was nothing at all in the download que when the selection pop-up didn't appear. One set had completed and I was trying to populate a new list. Closing down the program resets this when the "Protected Content" screen doesn't appear. (and it still does)

The multiple disc issue still exists.
                        ​Multiple disc issue ,can you provide us with the name of the list you downloaded?

Comment

Two examples are John Denver - All of my memories and Dan Fogelberg - Innocent Age

Comment

Most recently The Essential Alabama 3.0. All the tracks for three discs were thrown into a single directory. The "Protected Content" screen still is a problem, but it's more hit and miss now.
                            I'm looking forward to the next update. -thanx
                            Last edited by supine; 07-30-2023, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Most recently The Essential Alabama 3.0. All the tracks for three discs were thrown into a single directory. The "Protected Content" screen still is a problem, but it's more hit and miss now.
                              I'm looking forward to the next update. -thanx
                              Thank you very much for the information, we have clarified the issue you mentioned, but we are very sorry, we currently do not support disc classification!
                              Last edited by Sylvia; 07-31-2023, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

Thank you very much for the information, we have clarified the issue you mentioned, but we are very sorry, we currently do not support disc classification!
                                There must still be a misunderstanding. Not Disc classification, Disc separation. If there is more than one disc, each disc should have its own subdirectory, with the relevant tracks for each disc, each in its own folder.
                                IE:
                                C:\Alabama
                                C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama
                                C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama\D1\[Tracks]
                                C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama\D2\[Tracks]
                                C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama\D3\[Tracks]

Currently ALL of the [Tracks] from all three discs are bring dumped into a single directory in a mashed up hodge-podge requiring extensive work to sort out.

When MusicFab first appeared, tracks (the ones that were successful) were separated by disc. The problem was (and I would rather deal with that than the current issue.) Single disc albums were being placed under an extra directory. IE:
                                C:\ Allen Parsons Project
                                C:\ Allen Parsons Project\Eye In The Sky\D1
                                C:\ Allen Parsons Project\Eye In The Sky\D1\[Tracks]

Where a single album should look like:
                                C:\ Allen Parsons Project
                                C:\ Allen Parsons Project\I Robot\[Tracks]

During that time there could b a C:\ Allen Parsons Project\Eye In The Sky\D2 or \D3 if there were that many discs on that album. When the extra (redundant) directory for a single disc album problem was fixed, a new problem popped up, and there is no disc separation at all! I would rather deal with an extra directory than have all of the tracks thrown together in a single directory as they are now.

Right now, albums are placed in the Spotify directory, and are not parsed by artist. That's fine too, as long as the subdirectories are under the album they belong in. (It WOULD be nice if they were parsed by artist too) If you could ask the team to work on this (very large) problem I would appreciate it.
                                Thank you. I very much look forward to the new update.
                                Last edited by supine; 07-31-2023, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X