Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supine View Post

There must still be a misunderstanding. Not Disc classification, Disc separation. If there is more than one disc, each disc should have its own subdirectory, with the relevant tracks for each disc, each in its own folder.
    IE:
    C:\Alabama
    C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama
    C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama\D1\[Tracks]
    C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama\D2\[Tracks]
    C:\Alabama\The Essential Alabama\D3\[Tracks]

Currently ALL of the [Tracks] from all three discs are bring dumped into a single directory in a mashed up hodge-podge requiring extensive work to sort out.

When MusicFab first appeared, tracks (the ones that were successful) were separated by disc. The problem was (and I would rather deal with that than the current issue.) Single disc albums were being placed under an extra directory. IE:
    C:\ Allen Parsons Project
    C:\ Allen Parsons Project\Eye In The Sky\D1
    C:\ Allen Parsons Project\Eye In The Sky\D1\[Tracks]

Where a single album should look like:
    C:\ Allen Parsons Project
    C:\ Allen Parsons Project\I Robot\[Tracks]

During that time there could b a C:\ Allen Parsons Project\Eye In The Sky\D2 or \D3 if there were that many discs on that album. When the extra (redundant) directory for a single disc album problem was fixed, a new problem popped up, and there is no disc separation at all! I would rather deal with an extra directory than have all of the tracks thrown together in a single directory as they are now.

Right now, albums are placed in the Spotify directory, and are not parsed by artist. That's fine too, as long as the subdirectories are under the album they belong in. (It WOULD be nice if they were parsed by artist too) If you could ask the team to work on this (very large) problem I would appreciate it.
    Thank you. I very much look forward to the new update.
    Ok, about your idea we will try to do the processing. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi Supine

My Spotify Converter

Puts the multi Disc Albums in the same folder.

But it numbers each Track

So I number each track with the Corresponding Disc.

1-1-175-TF)

2-1-175-TF)

3-1-175-TF)

4-1-175-TF)

5-1-175-TF)

6-1-175-TF)

7-1-175-TF)

8-1-175-TF)

First Number is Disc

Second Number is Track

Third Number is the amount of Tracks all Together .

Comment

#0rd1117, Thanks for the input. That seems like a lot of work on the back end. Parsing strings for output is an art form. It seems like whomever programmed your downloader took a shortcut. You might want to contact the developer and ask if they can do a little more developmental work to make the output a little more user friendly, IE: [Artist]/[album]/[Tracks] or [Artist]/[Album]/[Disc]/[Tracks]. In the end, if YOU like it, that's all that counts.

Off topic. A little about me:
        I have been out of the "Programming Game" for more than twenty five years now, after I switched my career track to Communications. I do remember being pretty stuck on myself as a programmer, and telling someone "Just tell me what you want, and I'll get it done!" All I needed was a layout the way they needed or wanted it, and Idea of how they wanted it to work. I could take care of the rest and even come up with beneficial suggestions! A little warning though for those that want to get into it. "Code" consumed me. I was addicted to it and was never satisfied until I could bend it to my will and have everything look and work EXACTLY as I wanted it to. I was living for "Code" instead of for myself. It became a horrible twenty four hour a day addiction. It seems like, during that period of my life I was glued to a monitor and a keyboard in a little room with no life for myself. I was even dreaming about "Code". I would come home from work and go straight into the "Computer Room" and work on projects into the wee hours of the morning, then go back to work. I even spent weekends glued to a monitor and keyboard. It took a really eye opening conversation to make me realize what kind of rift my obsession was causing in both my life and relationships. I still dabble a (very) little in HTML (which I don't regard as "Real Coding"), but now it' more of a chore than an obsession. (I don't like the "Object Oriented" direction HTML is developing into. but perhaps that's just me. Things just seemed to flow better when the code was a little "looser".)

The reason for this little window into my past is, that I'm well aware of what is possible. These days though, I leave the "Coding" to todays experts. Debugging is sometimes very time consuming and frustrating (and I had nobody on the other end trying to throw me curve balls.). Although I know what CAN be done. I am also aware that it takes time. I know the programming team can put the output into almost any format limited only by the Database\source they are working from. Both development and Debugging are important. I hear that todays developers work in teams and strive to do both. What they need though, is time and money. (hey! someone's gotta pay the bills!) I don't let my knickers get into a knot because development still goes on while there are still bugs in the code. I have purchased an early version, and will do my best to remain patient while the debuggers work their magic, and I'll report problems from the field in (what I hope is) a helpful manner.
        [To quote someone earlier in the thread, I sure "talk a lot". But heck! I'm retired! I get to do that. ]

I installed 1.0.1.1. Initially, I got a "Protected Content" screen again, but after rebooting, it hasn't shown up again after three restarts. I loaded up a very long que, and MusicFab disappeared off the screen again within the first twenty minutes. It crashed yesterday before I updated, but last time a report was autogenerated. I restarted it again, and it has been working for a while, with no problems. I will be busy until Monday afternoon, and will not be able to "play" with the program. After this long que is finished and I get a chance (and less busy) to really put this new revision through some specific trials, I'll report back.

Note: Musicfab just crashed off the screen again. This is the second time in under an hour. since I updated to 1.0.1.1. The Que is a monster. It will take at least two more days to download. It was my hope just to take enough time in the mornings to restart the "Maxed Out" downloads to continue. I will not be able to closely monitor for crashes if it/they happen again, but I'll try to let you guys know Monday or Tuesday what I run into. I'll still be around, I'll just be in and out a lot. Have a great Weekend and stay safe.

Thank you for putting up with my chatter.
        (Smee)

Edit: Crashed again in under twenty five minutes. This makes three times in an hour and a half.
        Last edited by supine; 08-02-2023, 08:03 PM. Reason: Crashed again

Comment

I Dont Know what My Spotify Converter would DO-----IF I MAXED Out My Q. Downloading.

I ONLY Download 1 Album-----or---- ONLY 1 Multi Album at a time.

My Converter can Download 40 Tracks or so,, in 2 Minutes.

So I make a FOLDER-------then Download it-----Then Transfer the Tracks to the Folder.

It is easier For ME to do it this Way, so I can LOOK and Keep track of Things.

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post
            I Dont Know what My Spotify Converter would DO-----IF I MAXED Out My Q. Downloading.

I ONLY Download 1 Album-----or---- ONLY 1 Multi Album at a time.

My Converter can Download 40 Tracks or so,, in 2 Minutes.

So I make a FOLDER-------then Download it-----Then Transfer the Tracks to the Folder.

It is easier For ME to do it this Way, so I can LOOK and Keep track of Things.
            Cool! Sounds easy that way, and there is no sorting tracks. Just rename the folder, and you're done. It is nice however, to load several albums into the que and walk away. When I come back, there they are, loaded with the tracks labeled, and each track tucked into its proper album.

Although I'm not trying to purposefully "break" this software, I AM trying to "push" it. I want to see what it can stand under extreme conditions without collapsing. This gives me and the developers an idea of what problems could possibly arise in the field, and lets the developers fix problems that arise during common use, set boundaries, or be proactive in fixing issues that may arise. That is the reason for loading a very long list. I wanted to know if the software could handle the discography of an artist that put out that many albums. I like that Artist and even own several of his CD's. but I can only enjoy that genre in small doses.

Well.... The weekend company is gone, and I get to rant again. Hehehe.
            While loading a que of over 1,300 tracks, the selection window failed twice, forcing me to restart the software to get it back and continue loading. (While loading that many tracks; I didn't know which one was going to reach the end of their limit first; me, or the list. If anyone wants to try Gregory Isaacs be my guest! this artist was enough for me at less than half the number of albums Isaacs put out.) Once I started the que; after the first three crashes within an hour and a half that I have already reported, the software stayed up for the next two days. When I started the last of the list this morning however, the software crashed again within the first hour and no report was generated.

I have also noticed that the artwork in the tags, no longer show up in Windows. This may be an ID2 vs ID3 issue, as the artwork showed in both of the media players I use, despite being absent in Windows. I was able to reload all of the artwork into the tags, and it came up fine in Windows once reloaded.

Despite the lengthy list, this artist did not put out any multi disc albums so I am unable to report on that issue. I will try one of those tomorrow and report back.

Edit: BTW: The "Protected Content" screen is still an issue.
            Have a great day!
            Last edited by supine; 08-06-2023, 09:19 PM. Reason: Protected content remark

Comment

Checked on a Multi Disc album this evening. I guess that fix didn't make it into this revision. Looking forward to the next.

The "Protected Content" screen took 1 reboot and six restarts to dismiss. I'm more than a little curious as to what's causing it. If I log in directly, I don't seem to get it. Curious...

Comment

Suppine,

Sometime I come across Blacked out Tracks---and MusicFab does NOT SEE the Blacked Out Tracks.

So Keep your Eyes on that Situation !!!

Comment

#ord1117, I think I came across that anomaly.
                  I am trying to get "X Minus One - 50 Science Fiction Golden age Vintage Radio Episodes". There are fifty tracks listed, and when selection window pops up, it counts all fifty. ....Yet only seven show up in the selection que. When I load the list, only those seven go into the download que.

Also, when I just search X Minus one, the selection window pops up with 125 tracks numbered. All 125 are in Spotify, but when they are loaded into the selection window, some are missing. Specifically numbers 75 and 77 for starters. I'm wondering if the staff can look into this for me? -Thanks-

Edit: #Sylvia Would you recommend that I put a ticket in on this?
                  Last edited by supine; 08-07-2023, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, See if Sylvia can help you. !!!

That sounds like a Lot of missing Tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                      #ord1117, I think I came across that anomaly.
                      I am trying to get "X Minus One - 50 Science Fiction Golden age Vintage Radio Episodes". There are fifty tracks listed, and when selection window pops up, it counts all fifty. ....Yet only seven show up in the selection que. When I load the list, only those seven go into the download que.

Also, when I just search X Minus one, the selection window pops up with 125 tracks numbered. All 125 are in Spotify, but when they are loaded into the selection window, some are missing. Specifically numbers 75 and 77 for starters. I'm wondering if the staff can look into this for me? -Thanks-

Edit: #Sylvia Would you recommend that I put a ticket in on this?
                      YES, please submit the ticket, it will be more beneficial for the developer to track down the issue.
                      Thank you for your feedback!​

Comment

I just updated to 1.0.1.2. The "Protected Content" screen is still an issue. I also seem to have trouble resizing the MusicFab window to fit in only half of the screen. I've gotta run out this evening, and have appointments tomorrow. I'll try to play with the software tomorrow evening and get back.

Comment

Hmmmm... It looks like my last post didn't make it. I probably killed the browser before the post fully uploaded. Well... Here I go again.

When I got home last night, MusicFab had crashed again. After rebooting, and restarting the software several times, I finally managed to get rid of the "Protected Content" screen. After I did this, I restarted the download que.

This afternoon when I got back, I noticed that the two disc album that had completed was still all thrown into a single directory. When I tried to add more music after selecting the artist and album, the Track Selection screen stubbornly refused to come up. I closed the program and restarted it. For the next 40 or so minutes, I was closing the software, rebooting and restarting the software to find a way past the "Protected Content screen" so I could select more content. I populated a short list in the download que, and when it was finished, I went back in to add more content. I WAS able to do this. It seems the failure of the track selection screen to show up is intermittent. MusicFab has remained up for quite a while, and has not crashed again recently. I loaded enough content to use up the rest of my daily content quota. I will check again tomorrow to see if 1. MusicFab has crashed again and 2. If the track selection screen comes back up without having to restart the program.

I was asked by the Ticket Staff, to use the feedback option to get them the logs that are to large to upload through the ticket que. I see no way or option to attach files through that option. I will check back tomorrow after this list gets done and let you all know what I find.

Comment

Hi supine,
                            to attach large files, you must first shorten the large file.

Copy the large file to an separat folder.

Then use 7zip to create a zip-file.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
                              Hi supine,
                              to attach large files, you must first shorten the large file.

Copy the large file to an separat folder.

Then use 7zip to create a zip-file.

Greetings
                              Thanks, I tried that before and it failed; but the file is smaller now. Let me try to attach it to this post.

Woo Hoo! Worked! Thanks for the reminder. Log attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Supine,
                                the upload must be under 5 MB per file, 631,2 KB is very small :-).
                                Greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X