Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update. I tried many ways to get the 10 episodes of "Band of Brothers" and the 4 episodes of "The Stand" to work without the season indicator, I could not.
    I had to use the same TV show file naming listed above even tho there is no season affiliated with these shows.
    One thing did happen that was strange. on the MS 3/4 of the episodes showed a description of "disc 1.1 or disc 2.2
    I eliminated the disc # from the meta file and they are now listed as episode 1 or 2 or 3...etc

Comment

So, I'm really getting there. I name all my files properly and almost all of them are picked up correctly. This makes me happy (still on 1010, probably never moving off it). Anyway .. the one problem I have is with multiple disks for a single movie. For example: I have very old Doctor Who episodes. Some of them are two disk releases, such as Doctor Who and the Remembrance of the Daleks. I've tried Doctor.Who.The.Remembrance.Of.The.Daleks_pt1 and _pt2. I've tried _disk1 and _disk2, but in no case does it get picked up. What am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by MattT1961 View Post
        So, I'm really getting there. I name all my files properly and almost all of them are picked up correctly. This makes me happy (still on 1010, probably never moving off it). Anyway .. the one problem I have is with multiple disks for a single movie. For example: I have very old Doctor Who episodes. Some of them are two disk releases, such as Doctor Who and the Remembrance of the Daleks. I've tried Doctor.Who.The.Remembrance.Of.The.Daleks_pt1 and _pt2. I've tried _disk1 and _disk2, but in no case does it get picked up. What am I missing here?
        It doesn't seem to do well with a full disk copy. At least it hasn't for me. That's why I went to single episodes off the full copy and it's been working well for me.
        I set them up just the way the instructions say early in this string. Under TVShows directory. such as /TV Shows/Preacher/Season 01/Preacher - s01e01.iso
        Then I fix the meta data file so it has a tv show listing like the one below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
        <meta>
        <discid>17235298547224885239</discid>
        <tvshow>
        <title>Preacher: Season 1</title>
        <year>2016</year>
        <season>1</season>
        <episode>1</episode>
        <disc></disc>
        </tvshow>
        </meta>

Comment

MattT,
          Your not missing anything. The MS does not handle movies released on multiple disk very well. Both parts wind up with identical names and posters.
          I have heard (but not tried myself) that one solution is to combine the 2 disks into 1 file using the merge function in DVDFAB. I believe you will have to create your own menu for that to work.
          I have another solution to this, but it requires editing of the local SQLite Database that 1010 uses. If you have never done this before, I don't recommend it as it is easy to screw up that DB.If you are, I can post it for you.

Comment

OK, can somebody give me a specific example on how to properly name a movie with VOB files? So far, it looks like the DMS scraper is only finding movies that have an ISO file in them (either the DVDFab.miniso file from a BD copy, or an actual ISO file copied in that format).

Comment

Working...
            X