This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeppersand noppers.....

I have done the msconfig...ccleaner....I restored my computer to older settings....I have done everything that has been told...I deleted some previous Window upgrades....I am pretty much giving up and hopefully wont have too many issues with 8073 in the future. I just do not know what to do anymore and it is just sooo frustrating....it downlaods but will not open and no matter what I do it is still the same thing over again then I just revert back to 8073.

Not sure what DEP is...I do not see that on my Windows 7....I searched for it and nothing came up and it is not under settings..advanced on my end here.

I do not think IE9 is the issue. I had an older version before upgrading and it was still giving me trouble opening dvdfab....

I uninstalled dvdfab, but when I installed it again it never asked for my key but it seemed to work up to 8073 and not beyond.

Unless someone can log in to my computer and find something different that I have not done, I am not sure where to go and I have spent way too much time on this. Never had an issue with this until now

Comment

The screenshot is from Windows 7, DEP is Data Execution Prevention or Protection if you prefer. It can and will prevent code from executing. In control panel select system then settings (the top one) then advanced and maybe advanced again it will be on a tab. If the DVDFab modules are not in an exception list or if not set like mine it may be preventing the code from running.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
        Not sure what DEP is...I do not see that on my Windows 7....I searched for it and nothing came up and it is not under settings..advanced on my end here.
        On Win7, go to Control Panel, select "System", then in the left pane, select "Advanced system settings". This will open a "System Properties" dialog box. Make sure the "Advanced" tab is selected, then click on the "Performance Settings" button. You should see a dialog box with three tabs: "Visual Effects", "Advanced", and "Data Execution Prevention". That's where you find DEP in Win7.

BTW, the default setting with Win7 is "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only", so unless you specifically changed that setting, it's probably already set as to what was recommended in a previous post. Wouldn't hurt to check it, though...

Comment

Ok

Feeling stupid now. Ok found that DEP. It is on the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except....and listed in there is DVDFAB about 12 times. I am switching to the one like you showed and re-starting and see what happens from there....

Comment

Nope still

I disabled everything in msconfig...re-started....then switched the DEP to what it looks like on yours.....DVDFAB was listed in the box but I switched it to looking like yours---re-started again....tried to download 8080 again and goes through the process but as always it will not open up at all. Nothing is on nothing is blocking it...everything is disabled at this point.

Soooooo I am done messing with it. Driving me insane. It should not be this difficult. I do see other people have had the same issue, even on this thread so it is not just me.

Very frustrated....and saddened

Comment

Feeling stupid now. Ok found that DEP. It is on the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except....and listed in there is DVDFAB about 12 times. I am switching to the one like you showed and re-starting and see what happens from there....
              Mine is on like yours in this post except that DVD Fab is listed 69 times and my Fab is running perfect with Vista. I'm stumped unless there are still corrupt leftover pieces of the older version of Fab that were not deleted and is causing the problems.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yeah I just don"t know what is up. I suppose I could take it in to someone who may know more then me. I am sure it is something so simple but just cant figure it out.

I am just hoping I can use 8073 for most of my back up needs and wait for the Mac version. I am more a Mac person then PC and have back up dvd service on my mac but it doesn't catch as much as dvdfab, which is the best on the market.

Maybe a newer regular version instead of beta will come out and maybe that will open. I just dont know. I pulled out what was left of my hair.....

Comment

DVDFAB higher ups

Does anyone at DVDFAB ever do a remote access??

Comment

Hi kshduckman1170
                    Do you have any other versions of Fab on your computer ex: 7,or 6 versions???
                    Reason for asking is that I see you have had earlier versions that would not install also.

Give this a read through from another member it might help

I recently had an issue after upgrading from version 7 to version 8 where DVDFab would not start at all. After some messing around with trying to install with antivirus off and multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of previous versions, I decided to check within the registry. Now, for those not comfortable messing with registry settings, I would advise you ask a computer tech, who is, to do the following changes. To enter the registry go to the start menu and select run, from there type regedit. This will open up the registry. You are going to want to be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER then go into Software. Once in Software, find DVDFab and check the Path in the window on the right. It should show something like this C:\Program Files\DVDFab #\DVDFab.exe where DVDFab # is whatever current version you have installed. Mine was showing DVDFab 7 so when I would click on the desktop icon, quick launch or even the .exe within the DVDFab folder, it was looking for version 7 and would not launch 8. Hope this is a help to anyone that is having issues with DVDFab opening.

Hope this helps
                    CBR929
                    Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2011, 02:58 AM. Reason: text
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I would think not....The problem is obviously with Windoze, not Fab

It is may be time to consider a full format/OS reinstall of your PC.

I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for the MAC version to arrive.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will look into the registry thing.

I really don't want to do a full install unless really necessary. I restored my computer back to prior to all the issues I am having and started all over from Version 7 and went step by step up the version ladder then I finally got to 8073 and no issue, then went up to the next version and same old problem. 8073 has no issues at all. 8073 goes through all my IE9 and Windows with no issues. I realize it is a Windows issue but just cannot get past what it could be. I even tried uninstalling all version and rebuilding from there and once again it gets to 8080 and will not open up.

The issue I had from version 7 to 8 was easy. All i really had to do was re-boot and once I did that it opened up no problem. It just took awhile for me to figure that out...so that is why I posted at the time

Comment

Could some send me...

Is there a link somewhere to 8075, 8076, 8079?? Every time I try and download it automatically does 8080. I had 8076 loaded up once before then when I started this whole process of getting 8080...When I went back to restore older versions it would only get me to 8073 at that point. I want to try and see if I can download the previous versions before 8080 if I can...just for my own sanity. I was using 8076.

Thanks

Comment

Is there a link somewhere to 8075, 8076, 8079?? Every time I try and download it automatically does 8080. I had 8076 loaded up once before then when I started this whole process of getting 8080...When I went back to restore older versions it would only get me to 8073 at that point. I want to try and see if I can download the previous versions before 8080 if I can...just for my own sanity. I was using 8076.

Thanks
                            You can find old versions here but it only has official releases and not betas.
                            I think you will want to restore you DEP setting to Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, and make sure that they have a check mark in the box.

CBR929
                            Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

I have also heard that IE9 can be very problematic.

Can you roll that back to a previous version and try it then???
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

IE9

I have always used IE8 and have not had any problems with D/L any versions, from V6 to V8!, have all saved on HHD! I never updated to IE9, and glad I didn't! I know alot of people having problems with IE9, and not with just DVDFAB!

Comment

Working...
                                X