This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All

Just came accross this thread. I am in the UK. Do i still have access to Blu-ray decryption? I Just updated to 9.1.5.0 before seeing this thread. I am assuming i do as this apparently only affects US customers but how does the update know where the customer is based? In other words how do i know i dont have a US update?
    For info i downloaded the update through the DVDFAB download centre.

Many thanks

Sorry for appearing a bit dim!

Comment

If you are in the UK you're fine.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer 90312.
        I can only assume the DVDFab download centre automatically knows which region the users are in.

Many thanks

Comment

This is correct, sorry for the confusion.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dazmeister View Post
            Hi All

Just came accross this thread. I am in the UK. Do i still have access to Blu-ray decryption? I Just updated to 9.1.5.0 before seeing this thread. I am assuming i do as this apparently only affects US customers but how does the update know where the customer is based? In other words how do i know i dont have a US update?
            For info i downloaded the update through the DVDFAB download centre.

Many thanks

Sorry for appearing a bit dim!
            Your e-mail address and your computer itself is telling Fab where you live.Can't be any simpler.

Comment

That's not the case as it's even simpler than you realize.

It has nothing to do with your computer or your email address (as this is false information) or even with your registration of DVDFab.

Remember, DVDFab with Blue-ray decryption is only illegal in the United States so far.

So only the ones who "Access" DVDFab "Directly" from the United States get the "US" version.

You do not need to do anything illegal to get the fully functional DVDFab. All you need to do is to know what you are doing with computers and not do anything stupid or to give false information to anyone. An actual knowledge of networking might help you.

We have to watch what we say here because we do not need any more legal action against DVDFab or especially for the DRM NAZIs to start pulling the same stunt that the RIAA has been pulling for the past decade now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                The Declaration of Independence of the USA has little to do with USA consumers current problems with DVDFab. The source of these problems is the DMCA which was passed by congress and signed into law by Bill Clinton when he was president. If you want to mount a campaign, overturning the DMCA is the target. However, as you might imagine, there are some very deep pockets who think their continued highly lucrative personal profitability is far more important than the fair use rights of "the people". I suggest overturning the DMCA is an uphill battle similar to flying to the moon without benefit of a space travel vehicle. But have heart, optical media based entertainment seems to be on a rapid slide into oblivion, hastened by the entertainment industry's misguided constant efforts to make it less consumer friendly, useful and flexible. Once it is mostly dead, AACS's revenue stream from it will dry up also. Maybe they will go bankrupt . . . oh well . .
                In the meantime, just stop buying the products . . that is the only thing they care about. Personally, I have plenty of stuff to watch and listen to already. I cut blind buys of all Sony products with audio tracks corrupted with cinavia a long time ago. I have already cut my buying & renting addiction from other studios in half over the last couple of months . . and that is just the start. The sun is out, my golf clubs think this is a great idea, evenings have plenty to enjoy without the latest drivel Hollywood spews out . . :-)
                Well . . famous last words . . so here I am with new BD+DVD combo packs of "The Monuments Men" (including Sony's cinavia corruption of the lossless audio track) + the new 2014 "Robocop" + planning to pick up the "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" on Tuesday. What can I say - at $12.99 each locally at BestBuy, even I can tolerate Fox's nonsense & cinavia . . especially since I have absolutely no software or hardware in my household that has any clue what cinavia actually is nor what to do with it . . . and no problem doing whatever I want with Fox's lame attempts at foiling legitimate paying customers!!

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                  That's not the case as it's even simpler than you realize.

It has nothing to do with your computer or your email address (as this is false information) or even with your registration of DVDFab.

Remember, DVDFab with Blue-ray decryption is only illegal in the United States so far.

So only the ones who "Access" DVDFab "Directly" from the United States get the "US" version.

You do not need to do anything illegal to get the fully functional DVDFab. All you need to do is to know what you are doing with computers and not do anything stupid or to give false information to anyone. An actual knowledge of networking might help you.

We have to watch what we say here because we do not need any more legal action against DVDFab or especially for the DRM NAZIs to start pulling the same stunt that the RIAA has been pulling for the past decade now.
                  So, help me out here. I have a pretty good background in computers and with Windows but am weak in networking. How about a few hints (the kind that won't get us kicked out). Are we talking about a proxy server? If so, can you suggest one?

Comment

Keeping within the forum rules, you are totally correct!
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thankyou.

God bless everyone.

Comment

What countries can I use my lifetime license in?
                        I sometimes travel to UK, Thailand, Hong Kong.
                        Thanks,
                        Ray

Comment

All those are good. Only the US is currently effected.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
                            If I remember correctly the declaration of independence starts with these words in the USA "we the people"
                            Don't forget the owners of corporations are people and have equal rights as you.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              All those are good. Only the US is currently effected.
                              I tried to access dvdfab website from a computer located in Tokyo and I still got the US download. I tried from Ireland as well, still US.

Comment

Hi billegge
                                Not sure how your trying to do that, but if your recognized as US during download, you will be given the US version.
                                CBR929
                                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X