DVD jumpy playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eon_designs View Post
    Downgrading to xp is a little drastic, especially as it 2 operating systems old. Surely they can get it to work with 7
    Vista did not count as an operating system.It was garbage grom the jump.When I worked with vista It was only capable of doing what the manufactorer was telling it to do.Not made to support the consumer.Sub routine garbage.All the computers I sold were strongly recommended to stay with XP.Some of my most high tech computer building stayed with XP.Most of the masterpieces I have built can run 2 operating systems.That is where 7 is kept.On a back burner til it is completly compermised.If you want dependable and constant perfection get away from 7 while you are getting around copright.Or continue to waste disc after disc with a system designed to honor DRM files not you the owner.
    Last edited by biglarryjames; 12-05-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I kind of get annoyed when the default answer is always - use the latest version of the software and use good quality discs.

Like many others, I always make sure that I am using the most up to date version of the software. - However, I understand that if they get it fixed they have to tell you to use the latest version :-)

As for the good quality discs - again, I do try and use the best, but from experience good discs and bad discs do not cause the jitters that I am seeing. I have used some of the cheapest discs and other (Free) software that converts to DVD's and they play without any jitters. I have also tried playing the converted files on a WD TV Live and a Dvico TVIX box. They both show the same jitters - so that completely rules out the good / bad disc argument as they are being played directly from a hard drive :-)

As for the burning software, I use Nero and ImgBurn and to be honest, never had any problems with either of them. But I am quite happy to use ImgBurn here, but the end versions both have the same jitters so to me it the problem is being generated during the conversion process by DVDFab.

The free software versions are not the best, take a very long time and are not that intuitive so I am really hoping that they can get the DVDFab version to work properly. Fingers crossed :-) Then I will be more than happy to add it to all the rest of the DVDFab modules that I have purchased and am very happy with :-)
      If you are using Nero you might consider a faster freer Nero. You can force Nero to burn in the “Unknown Burn Phase”. The best one is Nero 7.Nero 8 and 9 are heavy with anti pirate handshakes. You can change your Nero by going to C: windows: registered. Only the registered folder not the registration files. Don’t ever go into the registration files. Now in the registered files you will see2 up to 22 folders. Start with the bottom right folder. Or you may need to start with the file to the right. Open the folder and another folder will show that is labeled system. Some of 2 to 22 folders have A system folder. Open the system folder and look for files that say:

1.DRM Management
      2.DRM Active x network object
      3.Windows media device management
      4.WMDM Service
      5. (drm) in any line on any row of letters Delete the Icon.

Don’t worry about hurting main software program files. These folders only cover media players and that is it. If you think you have made a mistake you just have to reload the media players over and start again. That is for Nero and Windows Media Player and any other player program.
      This folder is what Vista and 7 have abolished. You can command the registered folder
      With XP. You the purchaser have the option. No trusted Installer to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own computer you paid for. You will be amazed with the speed your computer has picked up when you free it from DRM. Then you can sit back and watch FaB DVD burn a movie in 6 minutes. Once again I see most of the problems on this site and DRM issues. When you do things the way I have listed all the problems cease. When you have completed this Nero will burn anything in a unknown burn phase. Then it will copy DVDs Made with FAB8.

Comment

big larry
        Please don't use oversize or colored fonts. This violates our policies.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          big larry
          Please don't use oversize or colored fonts. This violates our policies.
          Cool just havin a ball!

Comment

Can anyone else confirm this? I don't have XP on any of my machines and certainly don't want to have to buy XP, format my machine and install the older OS just to find out that the jitters / stutters still exists?

I really find it difficult to believe that the type of OS can have that type of effect on the way the video is being encoded? To me it just looks like it is dropping frames, don't see how DRM can come in to it? But then I am not an expert on DRM?

As I have mentioned earlier - there are other software available that don't produce the jitters and they are being run on 7!

Thanks. eon

Comment

Can anyone else confirm this?
              I'll be happy to fool with it.
              Bad week for me as far as much free time though.
              Working about 13 hours today...hopefully I can check it out late tonight.

I'm running a core i7 build, win 7 Pro 64-bit.
              I'll read over the thread later tonight.
              Anything you want me to do specifically re: titles, process, etc.?
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks maineman

I have been using my copy of Armageddon as my test BluRay - it's a PAL version so it is running at 24fps. The conversion is obviously going to NTSC as it ends up as 23.976 (when you examine the VOB in mediaInfo) This is not a problem as my DVD player can play both PAL and NTSC.

The jitters - or un smooth playback can only be seen when playing back on a standalone player (I have tried on both my BluRay player and DVD Player). Playing back on the computer is fine. Look for areas of slow movement where objects are moving past the camera - slowly. In my copies these have a slight jump as though it has a missing frame every second or so. It is certainly not a smooth playback.

From our set up you have exactly the same as me (core i7 build running win 7 Pro 64-bit)

Thanks.

Comment

Sounds good.
                  I have the Armegeddon BD also, it's NTSC, but otherwise were right on the same page.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Can anyone else confirm this? I don't have XP on any of my machines and certainly don't want to have to buy XP, format my machine and install the older OS just to find out that the jitters / stutters still exists?

I really find it difficult to believe that the type of OS can have that type of effect on the way the video is being encoded? To me it just looks like it is dropping frames, don't see how DRM can come in to it? But then I am not an expert on DRM?

As I have mentioned earlier - there are other software available that don't produce the jitters and they are being run on 7!

Thanks. eon
                    I am running 5 computers. 3 XP 1 Mellineum Edition and 1 windows 7.I am building a new one that will retire 2 of the XP computers.IT might advantageous for you to consider not using all of your machines with one operating system.Running variuos OS has solved a lot of issues for me.Example:IF you know what Nfusion is.Before Service pack 3 you could load bin files with INfusion 1.1 in XP.Now the only time you can use loader 1.1 is with Mellinuem Edition.That is a major example what you will find out with multiple operating systems.It seems the tech world does not emphasize on the later the version the less and less options you have to do what you want.Like I stated earlier.They are slowly removing the advantage your choice from the operating system.You have less rights in vista and windows 7 than you have in XP.This why I am producing a flawless disc.
                    Last edited by biglarryjames; 12-06-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                      Sounds good.
                      I have the Armegeddon BD also, it's NTSC, but otherwise were right on the same page.
                      I was wondering have you found a way in sub programming files for seven?

Comment

Thanks. eon
                        I have posted you a picture of Nero burning blindly and posted you the log.Just look in my profile and you will get all of your question answered there.I just burned resident evil flawlessly with the trial Passkey.The reason Passkey worked flawlessly was no interuptions from DRM files.XP did what the owner purchaser wanted it to do.Not what DRM would not allow.
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2010, 05:23 AM. Reason: changed green font to black

Comment

Downgrading to xp is a little drastic, especially as it 2 operating systems old. Surely they can get it to work with 7
                          Hey I posted a log and picture of Nero burning blindly.This is the result of no interfearance from DRM.You see what can be accomplished when the owner is in control of the operating system.I am still waiting for some one to find the registered file in vista and windows 7.Until then you have no control over what DRM is causing FAB And Passkey to fail. XP allows you control and flawless unjittery copying.
                          Last edited by biglarryjames; 12-07-2010, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I have been using my copy of Armageddon as my test BluRay - it's a PAL version so it is running at 24fps.
                            Hey E_D,

Isn't PAL 25fps or is it different in the UK???

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello Gregiboy

Yes PAL DVD's are 25 fps, but for some odd reason the BluRays are all 24 fps?

Comment

biglarryjames are you saying that the jitters are coming from the burning process (as you have shown in your images you are burning via NERO) or is it coming from the actual encoding process that FAB is using?

Comment

Working...
                                X