X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the cause from the dump.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

How do I fix that driver? What is it for? Thank you for the information - I feel like I am getting somewhere now!!!

Comment

I suspect that it is another driver interacting with it....

ntoskrnl.exe (and ntkrnlpa.exe on systems with Physical Address Extension support) is the kernel image for the family of Microsoft Windows NT operating systems. It provides the Kernel and Executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, etc., thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the Cache Manager, the Executive, the Kernel, the Security Reference Monitor, the Memory Manager, and the Scheduler, among other things
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Short answer: I don’t know. That driver is the kernel driver and part of the system, unlikely to be corrupt. You can run command prompt as administrator and type: “sfc /scannow” that is the system file checker to see if there is a problem with any of the protected system files. I tend to agree with GregiBoy that there is probably a conflict, something else is residing at the memory address.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You can try to remove the driver GEARAspiWDM.sys.
            人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
            Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I removed it some time ago with no ill effects except some whining from iTunes, which can be ignored.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

New minidump file - still not working.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just ran the sfc/scannow and it found no intergrity issues.

Comment

Don't find that driver anywhere

Comment

Check in C:\windows\system32 but do not delete ntoskrnl.exe, you must have that one.

Albert Einstein

Comment

FYI:

HTH
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                        X