NFO file created by Video Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFO file created by Video Converter

It appears that the latest version of Video Converter creates an NFO file when I convert an MKV movie to MP4.

What is the purpose of the NFO files? I just deleted them because they were text files with a bunch of HTML code.

These files contain metadata used by many players to display a poster for the movie, along with plot descriptions and other information (like episode titles for TV shows). You can find out more about it here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...879#post371879
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Is there a way to turn the NFO files off if we manage metadata in another way?

Comment

Search movie/tv dialog is being shown for each converted file even it is checked not to show again

Comment

Is there a way to batch create the nfo files for movies that have already been converted? For example i have several hundred movies i have already ripped to mkv h265 format that i would prefer not to re-rip just to have a standardized metadata file. Is there a utility to just create the nfo file from an existing mkv based on the file name?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf27 View Post
            Is there a way to batch create the nfo files for movies that have already been converted? For example i have several hundred movies i have already ripped to mkv h265 format that i would prefer not to re-rip just to have a standardized metadata file. Is there a utility to just create the nfo file from an existing mkv based on the file name?
            We will take this as a feature request and put it to our to-do list. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith1385 View Post
              Is there a way to turn the NFO files off if we manage metadata in another way?
              We will provide an option to turn it off in next version, please kindly wait, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We will take this as a feature request and put it to our to-do list. Thanks for the feedback.
                Did this ever get prioritised?
                I do also have hundreds of movies, and the scaping will never get all movies right, and I am tied of redoing the meta everytime a new version of DMS firmware is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambini View Post

Did this ever get prioritised?
                  I do also have hundreds of movies, and the scaping will never get all movies right, and I am tied of redoing the meta everytime a new version of DMS firmware is ready.
                  The option to not create NFO files is in Common Settings > General > Meta section.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	disable NFO .png
Views:	710
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	381024

As to batch create NFO files for existed movies, it is still on the to-do list.

Comment

OK, I look forward to it's prioritisation.
                    Can you recommend any .nfo creators with auto scrapers built in?
                    (I tried Media Center Master, but that was horrible in performance)

Comment

Originally posted by Gambini View Post
                      Can you recommend any .nfo creators with auto scrapers built in?
                      You can use the Library feature in Player 6 to playback and manage those movies; there is a Fix Match feature that could help you correct those meta info for playback, and output an nfo file.

Please refer to this page for more info: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...3-player-6-faq

Comment

Working...
                      X