Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I'm back to getting 0% and 0 segments. It is definitely not fixed. I tried all the usual tricks. I even tried deleting and creating Peacock user profiles. It didn't help. I finally went back to my VPN trick. Since I'm on the East Coast (relatively) of the US, I tried New York and Chicago. Both failed. Finally, I went back to the location that worked before - Boston. It worked again. Using Windscribe VPN with WireGuard protocol, it worked perfectly. This makes no sense to me. It must be some kind of CDN communication failure. Wilson.Wang, time to get someone working on this.

Comment

I'm also having complete failure with any peacock download attempts, and it's been this way for a while. I will start to load, but no segments get downloaded and it just reports failure (no error code though) every time.

Comment

It's broken for me too. Starts out "Analyzing", then switches to "Downloading Audio", switches briefly to "Downloading Video" and then I get "Failed". Tried it with and without VPN and tried multiple locations throughout the United States from Buffalo, to Dallas, to Miami and finally San Francisco all acted the same way. Without the VPN on, it also did the same way so I deleted cache and tried it again still to no avail.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	273
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	447441

Comment

I haven't been able to download anything from Peacock in a couple of weeks. Cats4U, do you have any specific settings from the Windscribe VPN with WireGuard protocol? I've tried using it with the Boston locations and for me it still doesn't work. I've tried all over as well with the same result.

Comment

No, I can't really give you anything special. I don't even know why it seems to work for me. I initially chose to try using VPN as a whim. Windscribe offers a "Best Location" (fastest and least busy at the time) if you don't need to connect to a specific country or city. That first time it came up with their "Harvard" server in Boston and it worked. I've also used their "MIT" server in Boston, and it has worked. I've tried other "Best Location" servers, and they have failed. Again, I have no idea why Boston is working for me. I may try it in a few minutes, and it could fail, too. I don't know. It could all be just a matter of chance and I just happen to catch something right at the right time.

Comment

Peacock is/was/still making changes.

Check Season 1 it should work, but Season 3 no.

I am not expecting a fast fix not only because it, for now, seems to affect some TV series, possibly newer episodes, but SF just came out with 6192. BTW it affects older versions back to at least 6187.
              Why a VPN works, sometimes, really don't know, as it's a Peacock issue. Maybe changes are not complete and sometimes one hits an unaffected location yet.
              I checked with another program and also can't get season 3.

ADDED: I checked streamfab.log it has many 'server replied: Not Found'
              Last edited by Stan001; 08-03-2024, 12:41 PM.
              Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
                Peacock is/was/still making changes.
                Just a little comment on that... It would be pretty stupid of them to be making changes during the Olympics, probably the biggest moneymaker they've had since Peacock started. As far as I've seen, this hasn't affected actual viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Just a little comment on that... It would be pretty stupid of them to be making changes during the Olympics, probably the biggest moneymaker they've had since Peacock started. As far as I've seen, this hasn't affected actual viewing.
                  Well I can only say they did, as confirmed when I tried another program to get episodes from Peacock, it did not work at all. Something was changed. When that was, who knows.
                  Just also shows again that other programs also are not always kept up to date and fully working.
                  And the server replied: Not Found​ may not have been planned, but that's the error in streamfab.log from Peacock.

It's only certain stuff, not all, so just have to wait and see.
                  Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by pabpetina108e View Post
                    It's broken for me too. Starts out "Analyzing", then switches to "Downloading Audio", switches briefly to "Downloading Video" and then I get "Failed". Tried it with and without VPN and tried multiple locations throughout the United States from Buffalo, to Dallas, to Miami and finally San Francisco all acted the same way. Without the VPN on, it also did the same way so I deleted cache and tried it again still to no avail.

Same issue here with various peacock shows. Movies download without issue. Deleting log and temp files does not help. Uninstalled several times and reinstalled older versions - same issue.

Even installed on a second computer that streamfab had never been installed on and still the same issue.

Hopefully it will be resolved in the next update.

Comment

Trying to download Season 13 Episode 19 of real hosuewives of beverly hills and it keeps failing. Tried another episode of a show and it didnt work either.

Comment

Uninstall Streamfab then naviagate %APPDATA%\dvdfab and delete the stream fab folder I have heard just deleting the taskdata without unistalling will work also but then reinstall and all will work again it all started when they changed there settings I have zero issues with peacock and no vpn ever

Comment

Originally posted by remmy90 View Post
                          Uninstall Streamfab then naviagate %APPDATA%\dvdfab and delete the stream fab folder I have heard just deleting the taskdata without unistalling will work also but then reinstall and all will work again it all started when they changed there settings I have zero issues with peacock and no vpn ever
                          Does not work for me here in the US. No, and never have, used VPN. Same fails when I installed Streamfab on a second computer that Streamfab had never been installed on. Peacock movies download fine, various/many/all TV shows fail though every now and then at random one or two will successfully download.

Version 6192x64 Windows 11 and Windows 10 on the second computer. Also tried with reinstalling 6189 and 6188. IIRC issue begin with 6190.

For what it's worth, support said that have recorded the problem and they will solve the problem as soon as possible. Their recommendation is to wait for a new version that resolves the issue.
                          Last edited by flylow+; 08-06-2024, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Well it has worked for everyone else who has tried it that is the only way I got it to work again. Nothing fails either

Comment

Originally posted by remmy90 View Post
                              Well it has worked for everyone else who has tried it that is the only way I got it to work again. Nothing fails either
                              Will those that try it kindly report back and post if it worked for them?

I went to %APPDATA%\dvdfab and deleted the stream fab folder twice and issue still existed so I tried again and the issue again still was not resolved.

Click image for larger version  Name:	App data.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	447643
                              Last edited by flylow+; 08-06-2024, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't use a vpn use a smart dns proxy server instead

Comment

Working...
                                X