Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been able to download anything from peacock since early July. Yesterday I uninstalled everything related to streamfab and dvdfab (software and files) and then redownloaded streamfab and I was able to download one movie from Peacock with no issue (no VPN used), but then it went back to not working. I then tried using Windscribe's VPN (wireguard setting) with location set for Boston (Harvard). Previously even using this wasn't working either. But I have been able to download with no Issues so far. (fingers crossed, it stays working till they fix it)

Comment

I then tried using Windscribe's VPN (wireguard setting) with location set for Boston (Harvard). Previously even using this wasn't working either. But I have been able to download with no Issues so far. (fingers crossed, it stays working till they fix it)
      That's the one trick that has worked for me every time. I can't even begin to figure out why that is. It makes absolutely no sense but yet it does work for me and apparently, you, as well. I'm not at all surprised when others have said that it doesn't work for them. I'm a firm believer that it shouldn't work for me, too. I'm more and more amazed every time that I have to resort to that, and it works each time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

That's the one trick that has worked for me every time. I can't even begin to figure out why that is. It makes absolutely no sense but yet it does work for me and apparently, you, as well. I'm not at all surprised when others have said that it doesn't work for them. I'm a firm believer that it shouldn't work for me, too. I'm more and more amazed every time that I have to resort to that, and it works each time.
        Oh, yeah I have been trying it for about a week with no luck, since I saw your post about it working for you. I tried other areas too with no luck, but once I deleted everything and reinstalled it again then using the Boston trick finally worked for me.

Comment

server replied: Not Found​​
          Hi all,

For the problem, please wait for the new version this week.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

yes its freezing for me at about 61% complete definitly not working properly

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

For the problem, please wait for the new version this week.
              I've only downloaded one Peacock video so far since 6.1.9.3, and it worked without the 0% failure. More testing to follow. If this continues, good job!

Comment

yep fully restored now

Comment

Sadly, Peacock is NOT working for me. First, I just downloaded the full 6193 installer and installed over 6192. No go. So then ...
                  Did a full uninstallation of 6192 and then installed 6193 Clearing settings and everything.

I will keep trying .......

Click image for larger version  Name:	V00FzoIwT5ukAy6vc0COQQ.png Views:	0 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	447880

Still have this in logs:

2024:08:09-10:24:23 0x000075c8 [Info]: onError, emit signalReplyFinished ,taskid : 2693
                  2024:08:09-10:24:23 0x000075c8 [Info]: task retry num : 0
                  2024:08:09-10:24:23 0x000075c8 [Info]: manager replayFinished : "Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a128.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/MF4/3El/GMO_00000000505828_01/PCK_1721219062675_a1d6_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg_440.mp4 - server replied: Not Found"
                  2024:08:09-10:24:24 0x000008f4 [Critical]: QtDownloadTask:nError : errorString :Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a128.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/MF4/3El/GMO_00000000505828_01/PCK_1721219062675_a1d6_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg_341.mp4 - server replied: Not Found, code : 203, _code :203, filename :C:/Users/newsm/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp/outputTemp/Peacock/2024_08_09_10_23_34_a4008280-04de-3a43-91cc-fe3574a12c8c_video/seg_341.mp4.tmp_tmp​

Windows 11 Pro, Location Eastern Time, default settings in streamfab except using mkv (mkvmerge), not default mp4.
                  Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

OK, I fixed it.

Again yet another freakin Windows 11 issue.
                    I did the below, the last one (netsh winsock reset) may not be needed but either way once done reboot computer and good to go.

Code:
                    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset​
                    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I've only downloaded one Peacock video so far since 6.1.9.3, and it worked without the 0% failure. More testing to follow. If this continues, good job!
                      Wilson.Wang, I've run multiple tests on Peacock now, with 6.1.9.3. All have succeeded. I want to thank you and your developer for fixing this. This was very aggravating, and I'm still confused as to why it worked when I VPNed into Boston to do a download. It made no sense, but I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore.

It's been a while since I looked at a StreamFab.log mainly because I was reading user's ones all the time when I was a moderator. I happened to look at mine the other day concerning this Peacock problem. The one thing I gathered from it is that I am absolutely positive that you've got a new developer. The writing style is completely different from before. Much more information is showing that would help someone to troubleshoot a problem. If true, that you got a new developer, I'm glad that you finally listened to Jack and me. I'm sorry that we had to abandon you as being moderators and "influencers". We were led to believe that our input was going to be valuable to you, and that's why we were called "influencers". But in the end, as it turned out, we were ignored and 6 months of playing with screen recording was wasted. Now, a very knowledgeable user, Jack, is gone and his troubleshooting and fight for fixes is missing from this forum. That's my biggest regret of the whole situation.

Comment

• Cats4U
                        Cats4U commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Update: All have NOT succeeded. Just the first few succeeded.

I've run multiple tests on Peacock now, with 6.1.9.3. All have succeeded.
                      Still getting failures on the MSNBC in 6193 on the news/talk/opinion type shows such as Morning Joe, All in with Chris Hays and so on.. Sometimes they work, sometimes they fail. Multiple attempts seem to eventually work but it can be a PITA.Seems to be just the MSNBC shows. Now the progress bar turns red when the download fails, in 6192 the progress bar remained blank - did not show anything if the download failed.

Comment

Great job Wilson!, all is good now with the new version 6193, as you stated it would.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
                          Still getting failures on the MSNBC in 6193 on the news/talk/opinion type shows such as Morning Joe, All in with Chris Hays and so on..
                          I'll give it a try and report back to you. When you say failure (other than the newly reported red line), what are you seeing? Are you getting download activity, but it continues to show 0% and 0 packets? Or something different?

Comment

When you say failure (other than the newly reported red line), what are you seeing?
                            Only difference that I see is that in 6193 the progress bar changes to red at the end of the download when it fails. In 6192 nothing showed in the progress bar, never showed any green. Sometimes when the downloads fail it takes quite a few tries to successfully complete but every now and then they complete on the first attempt. No issues with any other TV shows or movies, just the MSNBC news/talk/opinion type shows.
                            ​.

Pre 6190 I experienced no issues downloading MSNBC news/talk/opinion type shows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Peacock 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	447932

Click image for larger version  Name:	Peacock 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	447933

Click image for larger version  Name:	Peacock 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	447934
                            Last edited by flylow+; 08-10-2024, 11:39 AM.

Comment

It looks like you don't have the 0% and 0 segments (I mistakenly called them packets in my last message) problem that was fixed in 6.1.9.3. You have something else. I still didn't get a chance to run my tests on MSNBC yet. I'll get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X