This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Will those that try it kindly report back and post if it worked for them?

I went to %APPDATA%\dvdfab and deleted the stream fab folder twice and issue still existed so I tried again and the issue again still was not resolved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	App data.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	447643
    Did you uninstall streamfab first then delete the folder then re install

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
      I wouldn't use a vpn use a smart dns proxy server instead
      I am not and never have used a VPN. Was working in previous versions but now no longer is even if I uninstall and install older versions. Deleting the Streamfab folder in %APPDATA%\dvdfab did not solve the issue. Uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller and having it delete leftovers did not help. Also tried to use Ccleaner to clean the registry after using Revo Uninstaller and the issue persisted.

For what it's worth, Streamfab support replied to my support ticket and said that have recorded the problem and they will solve the problem as soon as possible. Their recommendation is to wait for a new version that resolves the issue.

In the meanwhile TV shows, but not movies, from Peacock generally will fail for me. Every now and then a TV show that failed will successfully download.

Comment

Originally posted by remmy90 View Post

Did you uninstall streamfab first then delete the folder then re install
        Before, after - twice. And then again using Revo uninstaller. Tried reinstalling multiple times with various versions - 6188, 6189 and 6192. Even installed on a second computer that Streamfab had never been installed on so it had no Streamfab folder in %APPDATA%\dvdfab to uninstall. No luck.

Deleting the Streamfab folder in %APPDATA%\dvdfab is no doubt worth a try but it may not solve the issue as it did not for me. Good luck to those that try it. If it works for you I suggest not updating to the next release until after others report if the new release solved the issue.
        Last edited by flylow+; 08-06-2024, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Will those that try it kindly report back and post if it worked for them?
          I've used a VPN, and I've deleted C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\t askdata\metaData (you don't need to delete the entire StreamFab folder). Both have worked, but both are inconsistent. It seems to work for me if I VPN into Boston. Other locations tend to fail. Don't know why. As for the AppData solution, it seems to work most times, but not every time. I'm holding out for StreamFab's next version.

Comment

Peacock stopped downloading Olympics today. I uninstalled everything, deleted the AppData folder, and then installed 6.1.91. It is now downloading a file that failed multiple times after trying all the other methods mentioned in this post. So far, have only tried a single file, but that is better than before. I used RevoUninstaller to do the uninstall and reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              deleted C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\t askdata\metaData
              I've deleted just that file too and the issue remained with or without a complete uninstall.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ancient View Post
                Peacock stopped downloading Olympics today. I uninstalled everything, deleted the AppData folder, and then installed 6.1.91. It is now downloading a file that failed multiple times after trying all the other methods mentioned in this post. So far, have only tried a single file, but that is better than before. I used RevoUninstaller to do the uninstall and reinstall.
                Uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller Pro 5.3.0, registered to me, did not resolve the issues I have been experiencing. Every once in awhile a show will successfully download for me no matter what.The back to the fail issue.

Comment

After my reinstall of 6.1.9.1, everything appears to be working as before. I have downloaded 2.5TB of Olympics with this version. I have 9 files in the queue and everything appears to be working again.
                  My problems started when I moved AMAZON downloads in front of the PEACOCK downloads and it never recovered until the total removal of everything Streamfab and starting over.

Comment

Originally posted by justaddcola View Post
                    Trying to download Season 13 Episode 19 of real hosuewives of beverly hills and it keeps failing. Tried another episode of a show and it didnt work either.
                    Ok so found a fix... Im on streamfab for mac and i deleted the entire streamfab folder where output and temp and all that goes, the whole thing and just reopened the program and the signed back into streamfab and peacock and boom, downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by justaddcola View Post

Ok so found a fix... Im on streamfab for mac and i deleted the entire streamfab folder where output and temp and all that goes, the whole thing and just reopened the program and the signed back into streamfab and peacock and boom, downloaded.
                      Can you successfully download any of the msnbc political news/talk/opinion shows in Windows? Once in awhile I can download some but not often.
                      Last edited by flylow+; 08-07-2024, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ancient View Post
                        After my reinstall of 6.1.9.1, everything appears to be working as before. I have downloaded 2.5TB of Olympics with this version. I have 9 files in the queue and everything appears to be working again.
                        My problems started when I moved AMAZON downloads in front of the PEACOCK downloads and it never recovered until the total removal of everything Streamfab and starting over.

Can you successfully download any of the msnbc political news/talk/opinion shows on your mac? Once in awhile I can download some in Windows but not often.​
                        Last edited by flylow+; 08-07-2024, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I am on Windows. I tried Morning Joe. There were two episodes listed. First one downloaded. Second one failed. It stopped it from working. I had to stop/restart Streamfab to get it to download anything else.

Comment

This issue has been known about for many years. Peacock always needs to be first in the queue.

Comment

I finally got Peacock to download. I had to remove 6192 with REVO, then reinstalled 6188. That seemed to work.

Comment

Originally posted by isrdude View Post
                                I finally got Peacock to download. I had to remove 6192 with REVO, then reinstalled 6188. That seemed to work.
                                Can you successfully download any of the msnbc political news/talk/opinion shows in Windows?

I've reinstalled several versions including 6188 after uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Pro 5.3.0. Still have issues, glad it worked for you. Might be wise not to upgrade to future versions of Streamfab until several post that the issue is resolved.

i can download msnbc political news/talk/opinion shows some of the time but not always, just every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                X