This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
    It looks like you don't have the 0% and 0 segments (I mistakenly called them packets in my last message) problem that was fixed in 6.1.9.3. You have something else. I still didn't get a chance to run my tests on MSNBC yet. I'll get back to you.
    Yes, the issue is different on the MSNBC news/talk/opinion type shows than it was in 6192.

Thanks for your time and trouble!

Comment

Well, that ruined my morning.

You are right, there's a problem with Morning Joe and probably the rest of MSNBC (I haven't checked yet). But unlike you, I'm seeing the 0% and 0 segments problem from before 6.1.9.3. I tried all the usual tricks and finally went to my VPN to Boston. Boston finally made it work.

Wilson.Wang, please have the developer try to fix Peacock again. It appears that there is a problem with shows that originate on MSNBC. Go to the bottom of https://www.msnbc.com/ for a list of shows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-10 8.09.31 AM.png
Views:	171
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	447944

Comment

Cats4U Have you tried Those About to Die in the latest version? I have used your method of uninstalling StreamFab and I also installed the latest secondary programs you suggest too but I am still having issues downloading that program. It starts the download at a very slow speed (B/s) and does get up to KB/s but then eventually fails. I can then go to another Peacock program, Poker Face, and download at normal fast speeds (MB/s). Not sure what the issue is.
        Thanks,
        Chuck

Comment

Those About to Die has the same issues as the MSNBC news/talk/opinion type shows for me.

Name:	Those About to Die 1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	447964

Name:	Those About to Die 2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	447965

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Well, that ruined my morning.

You are right, there's a problem with Morning Joe and probably the rest of MSNBC (I haven't checked yet). But unlike you, I'm seeing the 0% and 0 segments problem from before 6.1.9.3. I tried all the usual tricks and finally went to my VPN to Boston. Boston finally made it work.

Wilson.Wang, please have the developer try to fix Peacock again. It appears that there is a problem with shows that originate on MSNBC. Go to the bottom of https://www.msnbc.com/ for a list of shows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-10 8.09.31 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	447944
            download works if you go to https://www.msnbc.com/​ and then Morning joe and click the orange m3u8 button and
            the video will download.

Comment

No Peacock for weeks. The media appears to download in full, then fails when SF attempts to start the processing process.

Comment

Originally posted by bilbobigg View Post
                No Peacock for weeks. The media appears to download in full, then fails when SF attempts to start the processing process.
                Did you follow the instructions below when you installed 6.1.9.3? Are you in the US?

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                Version 6193 will be available soon.

It is important that you DO NOT update via the program itself.

Instead, download the offline installer from the website or forum. Follow the Cats4U uninstall instructions, they are clear and understandable. Don't forget to delete the two folders "Log" and "Temp", depending on where they are located on your computer. Also delete the folder C:\Users\Sebastian001\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab.

After that, your queue will be empty, your settings will be gone, you will have to log in to your streamer again...When you start Streamfab for the first time after reinstalling, you will have to authorize yourself.

But all this takes less time than fixing problems caused by the update via the program...

How to do a clean install of the latest StreamFab

1. Totally delete the contents of your StreamFab Log & Temp directories. Please refer to your StreamFab Settings as to where you have told SF where to save them.

2. Use a "professional" uninstall program to completely remove the old version of StreamFab.
                Make sure the uninstaller removes Registry entries for StreamFab as well as the program.
                Do not use the built-in Windows uninstaller as it tends to leave stuff behind.
                A good source for currently available free uninstallers is at https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninst...ograms-2625188 or simply Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs. Some commonly used uninstallers are Revo, Ashampoo, and Total Uninstaller. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.
                Important: Be sure to choose to remove StreamFab's current configuration when asked.

3. Download the latest offline version of StreamFab from the "Sticky" announcement at the top of the forum. Otherwise just download directly from...
                32bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...reamFab_Online
                64bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64
                Never use the online pop-up installer as it sometimes produces bad installs.

4. Install the new version of StreamFab.
                If the uninstall program you used has a Install component to it, use that to install StreamFab.
                Using the Install component will keep a complete log of everything added and make a future uninstall easier the next time. When the install is done, start up your new version of SF. A pop-up will appear asking you to re-authorize your StreamFab, do that by giving your email/password. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
                Then go up to the upper right of StreamFab's display and click the Settings icon and set up your StreamFab configuration to your liking. After setting up your configuration and saving, it is best to close StreamFab and then restart it.
                Do a clean install everytime a new StreamFab version comes out and you will have fewer problems.​​

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

download works if you go to https://www.msnbc.com/​ and then Morning joe and click the orange m3u8 button and
                  the video will download.
                  Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Peacock is still broken. I just tried to get On Patrol: Live S03E09 -- no good. I got the 0% and 0 segment again. I finally got it doing my VPN to Boston trick. I don't know which has me more baffled, why it is not downloading regularly or why it works when I VPN to Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by crarbo1 View Post
                    Cats4U Have you tried Those About to Die in the latest version? I have used your method of uninstalling StreamFab and I also installed the latest secondary programs you suggest too but I am still having issues downloading that program. It starts the download at a very slow speed (B/s) and does get up to KB/s but then eventually fails. I can then go to another Peacock program, Poker Face, and download at normal fast speeds (MB/s). Not sure what the issue is.
                    Thanks,
                    Chuck
                    It looks like doing a clean installation isn't going to make a difference. Peacock is just broken. Yes, the download is slow, but note that the percentage and the segments downloaded remain at zero. I had three good downloads after 6.1.9.3 came out, but now all downloads fail again unless I do my VPN to Boston trick, which only seems to have worked for one other person.

Comment

I had no issues downloading morning Joe or those about to die

Comment

I appreciate the feedback from flylow+ it was very helpful. However, I decided to do a clean install using the SF 6193 x64 downloader on a different computer. With the new install I was able to download from Peacock some files but on the others I experienced the same problem as before on my previous install. SF would download the media file then fail when starting processing phase. Currently I'm able to download about 50% of the show/movies I've tried. There is no apparent pattern to the failures that I can see.

And yes, I'm in the USA and not using a VPN

Comment

Originally posted by remmy90 View Post
                          I had no issues downloading morning Joe or those about to die
                          Are you in the US and on 6.1.9.3?

Try again later or maybe everyday for awhile and see if you have any issues.

Currently for me sometimes they download fine, other times it takes a few tries and then, most often, the download still fails after several tries. I notice if the progress bar starts out as green right away while it says audio on the right by the pause and "X" (cancel) then the download will be successful.

just tried episode 10 of Those about to Die and it failed twice then downloaded successfully on the 3rd try.

Hopefully in a future update somewhere in the near future they'll get it figured out. In the meantime Hulu, Pluto, Amazon, Paramount+ and Tubi have all been working without issue for me.

I definitely would not bet if a download is successful or not...
                          Last edited by flylow+; 08-12-2024, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bilbobigg View Post
                            I appreciate the feedback from flylow+ it was very helpful. However, I decided to do a clean install using the SF 6193 x64 downloader on a different computer. With the new install I was able to download from Peacock some files but on the others I experienced the same problem as before on my previous install. SF would download the media file then fail when starting processing phase. Currently I'm able to download about 50% of the show/movies I've tried. There is no apparent pattern to the failures that I can see.

And yes, I'm in the USA and not using a VPN
                            I've tried installing 6.1.92 on a Windows 10 laptop that it had never been installed on before and experienced the same issue with a lot if failed downloads.

All I can think of to do is to keep my fingers crossed in hopes that they'll resolve the issues with Peacock soon. Most definitely, IMO, a known issue.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Are you in the US and on 6.1.9.3?

Try again later or maybe everyday for awhile and see if you have any issues.

Currently for me sometimes they download fine, other times it takes a few tries and then, most often, the download still fails after several tries. I notice if the progress bar starts out as green right away while it says audio on the right by the pause and "X" (cancel) then the download will be successful.

just tried episode 10 of Those about to Die and it failed twice then downloaded successfully on the 3rd try.

Hopefully in a future update somewhere in the near future they'll get it figured out. In the meantime Hulu, Pluto, Amazon, Paramount+ and Tubi have all been working without issue for me.

I definitely would not bet if a download is successful or not...
                              I am in the us and I download all the time from peacock I used to have the same issue until I deleted the appdata from stream fab and reinstalled it since then zero issues

Comment

Originally posted by remmy90 View Post

I am in the us and I download all the time from peacock I used to have the same issue until I deleted the appdata from stream fab and reinstalled it since then zero issues
                                Where in the US? New England?
                                As I wrote before, I tried the appdata trick, and it worked two times after, but has failed every time since. I also do a full clean uninstall/install with every new version. The professional uninstall removes the appdata information completely, but peacock failed the first time I did a clean uninstall/install to 6.1.9.3. I'm happy that you have found a method to make it work, but it does not work for everybody, just like the VPN to Boston works for me but only for one other person.
                                Without doing any tricks I tested downloading 3 episodes of Those About To Die, E01, E05, E10. The only episode that downloaded was E05. I tried the regular tricks and they didn't work. I was only able to download using my VPN to Boston trick. I firmly believe that this is a communication problem with most Peacock CDNs.

Comment

Working...
                                X