Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to post that, I am sure you (Cats4U) tried all the usual tricks.
    I also did a full uninstall and install again, along with clearing all settings, and it's mostly shows with episodes.
    I was trying the on patrol shows, and I also tried what other users posted issues with from the shows from msnbc.

I never got to post, but only two things worked so far. Get a vpn running and try different locations, I have one that gets from US Washington DC and peacock works. And a few other locations.
    New Jersey, New York, and Miami no go, I tried so many locations that I can't recall them all.
    The other option is too much work because after each download you have to do it again.
    On a Windows computer open a command prompt (as Admin) do an ipconfig /flushdns and then ONE download will work then next one will fail then have to repeat.
    Some I am thinking don't have access to vpn's and there are many, I don't have access to windscribe but do a few others. Boston worked with one, but not another.

I have to agree it's possibly something with Peacock and the CDNs although when you go into a browser the shows play with no trouble.
    And Streamfab logs fill with server not found or similar messages. So it's also possibly a problem when SF analyzes before downloading, that it does not get the info like a browser does.

Code:
    024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005b84 [Critical]: QtDownloadTask::onError : errorString :Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a163.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/q6c/yBC/GMO_00000000490160_01/PCK_1723139123089_5166_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg-0_16.mp4 - server replied: Not Found, code : 203, _code :203
    2024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005b84 [Info]: onError, emit signalReplyFinished ,taskid : 18
    2024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005b84 [Info]: manager replayFinished : "Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a163.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/q6c/yBC/GMO_00000000490160_01/PCK_1723139123089_5166_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg-0_16.mp4 - server replied: Not Found"
    2024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005bc0 [Critical]: QtDownloadTask::onError : errorString :Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a163.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/q6c/yBC/GMO_00000000490160_01/PCK_1723139123089_5166_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg-0_1.mp4 - server replied: Not Found, code : 203, _code :203​
    ADDED: I also tried 3 different DNS server settings for Windows. OpenDNS, Cloudflare & Google, along with the default Xfinity assigned DNS.
    Last edited by Stan001; 08-12-2024, 02:12 PM.
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

My DNS is based on my router setting. I've tried different DNS servers with no change. Releasing and renewing between each change of server. As I said before, I have no reason to believe that VPNing to Boston (MIT or Harvard) should work for anyone else. I don't even understand why it works for me, but it does every time. This has gone on for almost 100 posts here on this forum. I think it's time that Wilson and the Developer release a mid-week emergency update. This once a week crap is ridiculous. AnyStream released updates as they were fixed, not holding on to them as an end of the week weekly release and then disappearing into the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        My DNS is based on my router setting. I've tried different DNS servers with no change. Releasing and renewing between each change of server. As I said before, I have no reason to believe that VPNing to Boston (MIT or Harvard) should work for anyone else. I don't even understand why it works for me, but it does every time. This has gone on for almost 100 posts here on this forum. I think it's time that Wilson and the Developer release a mid-week emergency update. This once a week crap is ridiculous. AnyStream released updates as they were fixed, not holding on to them as an end of the week weekly release and then disappearing into the weekend.
        Wisconsin I dont doubt you and your issues at all the program in finiky I was just stating that the issues completely disappeared after fresh install and removing the appdata and have not come back for me

Comment

Originally posted by remmy90 View Post
          Wisconsin I dont doubt you and your issues at all the program in finiky I was just stating that the issues completely disappeared after fresh install and removing the appdata and have not come back for me

Multiple tries of installing after deleting the Log, Temp and AppData\Roaming\DVDFab did not resolve the issue for me. Tried numerous times with and without using Revo Uninstaller with no luck. IIRC the issue first began after installing 6.1.9.0.

If you are brave you might try uninstalling and reinstalling again to see what happens.
          Last edited by flylow+; 08-12-2024, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Multiple tries of installing after deleting the Log, Temp and AppData\Roaming\DVDFab did not resolve the issue for me. Tried numerous times with and without using Revo Uninstaller with no luck. IIRC the issue first began after installing 6.1.9.0.

If you are brave you might try uninstalling and reinstalling again to see what happens.
            What title are you trying to get ? Everything seems to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Filmbuf View Post

What title are you trying to get ? Everything seems to work for me.
              Rather than me reposting the same info over again you might want to read my post 74 https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...931#post447931 and Cats4U post ​77 https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...943#post447943

Morning Joe_S2024E161_August 12, 2024 failed about 6 times before it was finally successfully downloaded.

Comment

Worked fine the first time, with no issues.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-08-12_17-35-05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	448056
                Click image for larger version

Name:	film.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	448057

Comment

Worked fine the first time, with no issues.
                  Let it complete all the way and then if you can constantly repeat your success (in one try) on multiple episodes it will seem you are one of the lucky ones. If you are brave you might try uninstalling 6.1.9.3 and reinstalling again just to see what happens.

Since there are some who have no issues, right after I last posted, I once again deleted the temp and log folders as well as AppData\Roaming\DVDFab and uninstalled 6.1.9.3 using Revo Uninstaller and then I ran the registry cleaner to get rid of a couple entries that Revo missed when it was deleting the leftover files, leftover entries and so on..

I then installed a fresh copy of 6.1.9.3 and it took about 6 tries before it successfully downloaded Morning Joe_S2024E159_August 8, 2024.

Today's reply to my support ticket again said to delete the temp and log files.

IMO it would be nice if someone from DVDfab would be thoughtful enough to chime in and let us know if this is an issue that they are planning on addressing. IMO an official "Known Issue" thread might save some of us from the time and trouble of doing clean installs trying to get Peacock to work as it was prior to 6.1.9.0.

Others are experiencing the issue just like I have on 2 different computers.

Well, that ruined my morning.

You are right, there's a problem with Morning Joe and probably the rest of MSNBC (I haven't checked yet). But unlike you, I'm seeing the 0% and 0 segments problem from before 6.1.9.3. I tried all the usual tricks and finally went to my VPN to Boston. Boston finally made it work.

Wilson.Wang, please have the developer try to fix Peacock again. It appears that there is a problem with shows that originate on MSNBC. Go to the bottom of https://www.msnbc.com/ for a list of shows.
                  ​​

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Peacock is still broken. I just tried to get On Patrol: Live S03E09 -- no good. I got the 0% and 0 segment again. I finally got it doing my VPN to Boston trick. I don't know which has me more baffled, why it is not downloading regularly or why it works when I VPN to Boston.
                  Last edited by flylow+; 08-12-2024, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Posted by flylow+
                    If you are brave you might try uninstalling 6.1.9.3 and reinstalling again to see what happens.
                    Why would I do the above when everything works perfectly?

Comment

Why would I do the above when everything works perfectly?
                      I wouldn't experiment with reinstalling to see what happens if it was working as it should for me. IMO just too many bugs with Peacock that the developer hasn't been able to address yet.

If 6.1.9.3 was working for me I'd put off updating to future versions until others reported their experiences. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the developer gets it figured out soon. Hopefully in the meantime someone from DVDfab will be kind enough to post to let us know if they are actually going to work on the issue.

Comment

Oh well, it was a good run with 6188 for Peacock. Now I get error code 310, even though my firewall is set to let it through. Updated to try 6193, no go, as I'm sure y'all expected.

Comment

It's very strange, but Peacock has never been so perfect for me as it is now. I downloaded 50 different things over 3 days. I just woke up and got this one, and the speed is great, the picture is great, and everything works fine. 6.1.9.3 is the first one where all my providers work perfectly. The speed is totally great and so fast I cant believe it, the movies play fine.

Peacock, MAX, Paramount+, Hulu, Amazon, Disney, and Netflix are all perfect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Peacock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	448256

Comment

It's very strange, but Peacock has never been so perfect for me as it is now. I downloaded 50 different things over 3 days. I just woke up and got this one, and the speed is great, the picture is great, and everything works fine. 6.1.9.3 is the first one where all my providers work perfectly. The speed is totally great and so fast I cant believe it, the movies play fine.

Peacock, MAX, Paramount+, Hulu, Amazon, Disney, and Netflix are all perfect.
                            That's great. But there are those like me, and at least flylow+ & Cats4U who have issues, along with others.
                            If people want to look back, I usually don't have many issues other than small things, I figure them out on my own.
                            I have NO issues with Amazon and never had any issues of subs not remixing or downloading.
                            Netflix also works well, along with THECW, Tubi, Roku Channel, and even Pluto.
                            I sadly think even the developers are kind of stuck because Peacock works for some and not others.
                            The fact that doing a dns flush can work for one download and then the next download fails doesn't fully make sense, as well as using a VPN and trying different locations throughout the USA.
                            Like I said I can get Boston to work on one VPN but not another so go figure that. Yet another VPN, Washington DC works very well.
                            What did not work for any VPN was New York, New Jersey, and Miami, just to list a few of what did not work.
                            And again why that works is confusing, at best.

And I went above and beyond to show proof from streamfab.log that there is an issue (here)
                            And I know also as well it's not my computer or network or very little else as other things can be downloaded from Peacock, it mostly seems to be later episodes for example several from season 3 of the street patrol series, as well as to check with others I also tried things from the msnbc part of Peacock and many shows there have issues. And one other thing, Sometimes if you keep trying the things finally do download, but it can be 6 or more attempts.
                            This started and there was an attempt to fix it with the new 6193 but seems there is more needed to get it working 100%.

For now, if I need stuff that doesn't work I can, thanks to having access to several VPNs, just load one up and try the known working locations for me.
                            If I did not have the availability of several VPNs, I would be stuck standing still, with specific content on Peacock.
                            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I have never used a VPN. Some VPN IPs are blocked. There is nothing Fab can do about that.

Comment

Using a dns proxy is the bets way to go

Comment

Working...
                                X