Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point is neither a VPN should be needed nor a DNS proxy as for years SF worked fine, and I have always been located in the same place in the USA same Internet provider, etc.
    I only have to now use a VPN to get SF to download (certain programs, NOT all) without giving me errors. Which again goes against what most say don't use VPN because of errors.
    When this issue first came up, it was verified by Wilson.Wang, and that was the reason for 6163.
    Reference posts (here) and (here)

There is content from Peacock that can be downloaded with NO issue and no use of VPN or any tricks.
    So nothing makes sense, and it is sad when many doubt not only me but others who have the same exact issue.
    And the errors come with NO VPN but go away when the VPN is used and for that specific content, other content again works fine with no tricks needed.
    Last edited by Stan001; 08-14-2024, 03:42 PM.
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
      The point is neither a VPN should be needed nor a DNS proxy as for years SF worked fine, and I have always been located in the same place in the USA same Internet provider, etc.
      I only have to now use a VPN to get SF to download (certain programs, NOT all) without giving me errors. Which again goes against what most say don't use VPN because of errors.
      When this issue first came up, it was verified by Wilson.Wang, and that was the reason for 6163.
      Reference posts (here) and (here)

There is content from Peacock that can be downloaded with NO issue and no use of VPN or any tricks.
      So nothing makes sense, and it is sad when many doubt not only me but others who have the same exact issue.
      And the errors come with NO VPN but go away when the VPN is used and for that specific content, other content again works fine with no tricks needed.
      +1

For what it's worth, support replied to my ticket and said they'd pass the feedback to the developer.​

Appears that currently some shows may require the use of a proxy or a VPN to successfully download, on the first try, for some/many users. While others, perhaps depending on their location, do not have the issue. I honestly doubt, YMMV, if that is how it's supposed to be.

When I tried the trial version I had no issue. No issue until, IIRC, until 6.1.9.0.

Hopefully they will do their best to find a resolution in the near future.

My frustration is mostly due to trying to find out if it is a known issue that they are or are going to attempt to resolve.

IMO, there should be better communication from the folks at DVDfab. I still would like to see a stickied known issues thread so I'd know for sure if I should try another clean/fresh install or just wait.
      Last edited by flylow+; 08-14-2024, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Can anyone else get peaock working with norad vpn video plays fine but peaock won't download it

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
          Can anyone else get peaock working with norad vpn video plays fine but peaock won't download it
          Do you mean Nord VPN? I thought you were the one that was always pushing proxies.

Using a dns proxy is the bets way to go
          No, when I first went looking for a VPN, my first rule was to avoid any company that was advertising constantly on TV. The streamers are on to them and the IP addresses they use. Nord was out at that point.
          If Nord offers Wireguard protocol, try using that. Try different entry locations. For reasons unknown, I have 100% luck with Boston. YMMV.

Comment

I have dns4me now and set at the router level with dns proxy works fine now

Comment

3 weeks since the first post. 110 messages. 6.1.9.3 didn't fix. No attempt to fix in 6.1.9.4. Some improvements for the display of Fab365 Info window are much more important to work on than Peacock.
              As the title says, Peacock Broken... Still.

Comment

Peacock is just in the USA. They block IPs from all over the world. They will ban you if you use them. It would be best if you used a residential Proxy. Everything else is a waste of your time. There is nothing to fix. Don't use VPNs; they won't help you.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  Peacock is just in the USA. They block IPs from all over the world. They will ban you if you use them. It would be best if you used a residential Proxy. Everything else is a waste of your time. There is nothing to fix. Don't use VPNs; they won't help you.
                  Will Peacock eventually ban Cats4U if he decides to continue to use Windscribe's VPN?

Peacock is currently available to stream within the United States and certain U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands).

My understanding he is in the US and has success using Windscribe's VPN (wireguard setting) with location set for Boston (Harvard) but not other locations.

Originally posted by Srwise99 View Post
                  I haven't been able to download anything from peacock since early July. Yesterday I uninstalled everything related to streamfab and dvdfab (software and files) and then redownloaded streamfab and I was able to download one movie from Peacock with no issue (no VPN used), but then it went back to not working. I then tried using Windscribe's VPN (wireguard setting) with location set for Boston (Harvard). Previously even using this wasn't working either. But I have been able to download with no Issues so far. (fingers crossed, it stays working till they fix it)

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

That's the one trick that has worked for me every time. I can't even begin to figure out why that is. It makes absolutely no sense but yet it does work for me and apparently, you, as well. I'm not at all surprised when others have said that it doesn't work for them. I'm a firm believer that it shouldn't work for me, too. I'm more and more amazed every time that I have to resort to that, and it works each time.

My DNS is based on my router setting. I've tried different DNS servers with no change. Releasing and renewing between each change of server. As I said before, I have no reason to believe that VPNing to Boston (MIT or Harvard) should work for anyone else. I don't even understand why it works for me, but it does every time. This has gone on for almost 100 posts here on this forum. I think it's time that Wilson and the Developer release a mid-week emergency update. This once a week crap is ridiculous. AnyStream released updates as they were fixed, not holding on to them as an end of the week weekly release and then disappearing into the weekend.
                  Last edited by flylow+; 08-15-2024, 07:42 PM.

Comment

3 weeks since the first post. 110 messages. 6.1.9.3 didn't fix. No attempt to fix in 6.1.9.4. Some improvements for the display of Fab365 Info window are much more important to work on than Peacock.
                    As the title says, Peacock Broken... Still.
                    Thanks for the info, looks like there is no point in me updating to 6.1.9.4 and chance breaking something else.

IMO it would be nice if they were considerate enough to let us know what was going on. Perhaps it is beyond their expertise to resolve the issue...
                    Last edited by flylow+; 08-15-2024, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I told you the issue: either use a Proxy or don't use Peacock. It's up to you. Peacock is for the USA only. There are no exceptions; they are cracking down.

Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I told you the issue: either use a Proxy or don't use Peacock. It's up to you. Peacock is for the USA only. There are no exceptions; they are cracking down.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...398#post448398
                        I do not use a proxy or a VPN but here in the US i use Peacock and intend to continue to do so no matter what you advise. Perhaps Peacock might ban me for using Streamfab someday, dunno. For now I just retry the ones that fail to download. Sometimes it takes just 2 or 3 more tries other times it may take a dozen or more tries and is a bit of a PITA.

IMO, YMMV, all peacock downloads should succeed without a proxy or other workarounds like they once did. I do not believe it is Streamfab's intention that users in the US need to use a proxy to download some, but not all, of the peacock shows. Using a proxy for some here in the US might be a satisfactory workaround for some but I still hope the developers will somehow manage to fix peacock in the near future but currently I have my doubts if they have the expertise to do so.
                        Last edited by flylow+; 08-15-2024, 10:17 PM.

Comment

As far as this matter, my hopes of it getting fixed have gone to almost 0.
                          No one seems to fully understand, unless they have the issue themselves, so the hopes of SF support understanding are even less.

I also am in the USA and have been all my life. Since NBC/Peacock, essentially is owned by Xfinity, they started to throw in Peacock for free to try to keep the 100's of thousands of customers leaving each day. So thanks to SF have had successful downloads with the normal glitches and working through the past DRM with SF.

But now that has stopped, My Internet is the same, my location is the same and NO the Peacock account is NOT banned nor is my IP as I CAN download movies and even some series with no issues. But then trying other series and some shows from the MSNBC section of Peacock, it just errors out with error's in log in code below.
                          Why this is happening is unknown. Several people ARE experiencing it, and one came up with using a VPN to FIX the issue. And YES if you VPN to another location in the USA for example, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and some others.
                          Why this works then with a VPN also is unknown but does, sometimes doing a flushdns can sometimes help, sometimes changing DNS from default to Google DNS and/or Open DNS and/or Cloudflare will work. These are FREE DNS services. I refuse to pay for a pay DNS when either Xfinity DNS should get everything and if not Open DNS should.

As I stated in one of many posts, this WAS confirmed before the release of 6193, those who want can read it again (here).

BELOW find again the errors in streamfab.log.

Code:
                          024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005b84 [Critical]: QtDownloadTask::onError : errorString :Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a163.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/q6c/yBC/GMO_00000000490160_01/PCK_1723139123089_5166_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg-0_16.mp4 - server replied: Not Found, code : 203, _code :203
                          2024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005b84 [Info]: onError, emit signalReplyFinished ,taskid : 18
                          2024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005b84 [Info]: manager replayFinished : "Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a163.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/q6c/yBC/GMO_00000000490160_01/PCK_1723139123089_5166_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg-0_16.mp4 - server replied: Not Found"
                          2024:08:12-09:56:47 0x00005bc0 [Critical]: QtDownloadTask::onError : errorString :Error transferring https://g003-vod-us-cmaf-prd-ak-a163.cdn.peacocktv.com/pub/global/q6c/yBC/GMO_00000000490160_01/PCK_1723139123089_5166_01/mpeg_cenc/$RepresentationID$/seg-0_1.mp4 - server replied: Not Found, code : 203, _code :203​
                          I can fix now without VPN, but it's still an issue and can become tiresome, so I am not downloading much once the issue shows.
                          If people go back, this all started when the Olympics came to Peacock and that was the initial thought for the cause of this, but they are over now.
                          What is the cause no one knows and is why I see little chance of it being fixed anytime soon as it's sporadic and even once it starts if you stop/start the download enough it will sometimes work.

And it was a mistake, obviously, even talking about a VPN, but I think those who did, thought it would be helpful as it does work, but I guess in the end you do risk more the chance of Peacock blocking/banning you. But then again, using SF can as well.
                          Last edited by Stan001; 08-15-2024, 11:36 PM.
                          Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...398#post448398
                            Chameleon, you aren't paying attention. As Flylow+ highlighted, using a VPN to Boston is the only way that I can download anything from Peacock. Without it, I get a failure every time. With it, I'm able to download 100% of the time, 7 days a week. So, who am I supposed to believe? Your rantings, or my own eyes.
                            You wrote,
                            Peacock is for the USA only.
                            I am in the USA, Pennsylvania to be exact. Last I looked, Boston was in the USA, too. I tried to VPN into Philadelphia, NJ, Chicago, and NY, and they all resulted in failures. For reasons unknown, the CDN in Boston seems to sync with StreamFab whereas others don't. The only non-USA entity in this whole scenario is that Windscribe is a Canadian-based company, but that has no bearing on this at all. I chose them just for that reason, to insure greater security. Which brings up another difference between proxies and VPNs... VPNs are fully encrypted end-to-end for security, whereas proxies are not.

Comment

Stan001 wrote,
                              And it was a mistake, obviously, even talking about a VPN, but I think those who did, thought it would be helpful as it does work, but I guess in the end you do risk more the chance of Peacock blocking/banning you.
                              Do you get emails from Peacock after you update to a new version of SF saying that they noticed your device has changed? It lists your city and your IP address. Next time, sign in after an update using a VPN. You'll get an email saying your device has changed. Look at it and compare it to the previous email. They will be the same except for date and time. Your city will be the same and your IP address will be the same. They are able to get around the VPN and get your true information. I read how it is done a long time ago, but I don't remember now. But the point is, they have your true city and IP, and they don't seem to care what CDN you are connecting into them from. So, whether I come in via my local CDN (whatever that might be) or Boston's CDN or even San Jose's, it seems to be all the same to them, and I'm living in my old city and I still have the same IP address.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U
                                . So, who am I supposed to believe? Your rantings, or my own eyes.
                                LOL, my lying eyes must be wrong too as I'm not using a proxy (or VPN). Chalmeleon seems to be erroneously dictating using a proxy is an absolute necessity if you want to download from peacock through streamfab. I just keep trying and sooner or later, often after multiple tries, the downloads eventually succeed. A bit of a PITA and IMO, downloads, at least most of the time, should succeed on the first try without having to rely on a proxy (or a VPN).

I have quite a few emails from peacock, seems every time I reinstall streamfab I get one. Click image for larger version  Name:	Peacock new.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	448416
                                Last edited by flylow+; 08-16-2024, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X