• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
    The last 19 episodes should be on https://www.xfinity.com/stream/
    the show is available on hulu

Comment

Ok, I have Xfinity and gave it a try. First thing I noticed is that retsrok163 isn't following your directions, Jim. This shouldn't involve Peacock at all but that's neither here nor there, as we never get that far. He needs to start StreamFab and in the address bar he needs to load up and login to https://Xfinity.com/stream/ Then he has to load up Chrome and do the same and once he is all signed in he can search on Infiel in the Chrome browser and be prepared to run one of the episodes. Here's where things get wonky. With the Developer Tools/Inspect, when you run them as you instructed, you'll wait forever for a master...etc. file. That's because the episodes of the show he wants are DASH and not just HLS. So, all we get is a manifest.mpd. It's been a long time since I used this Developer Tools method of downloading but, if I remember right, that's the normal way it works. Just for shits and giggles I loaded in the full manifest address - https://vex-ashburn.mm-ipvod-t6.xcr....vate%3AComcast into the Home tab of StreamFab and I was able to get this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-17 4.04.08 PM.png
Views:	230
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	413895

And when I try to download it I get:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-17 4.07.27 PM.png
Views:	153
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	413896

So, Jim, do you know any method to make it work with DASH rather than just feeding it the Manifest file?

Comment

Cats4U can you try to download the show Infiel from telemundo using your xfinity account to see if you get the same results I get. Try to download one of the latest shows. The funny thing is that I tried with a dishnetwork account and I get the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by retsrok163 View Post
          Cats4U can you try to download the show Infiel from telemundo using your xfinity account to see if you get the same results I get. Try to download one of the latest shows. The funny thing is that I tried with a dishnetwork account and I get the same results.
          The short answer - No. Telemundo.com refers you to www.nbc.com and when I try to watch the show with Chrome or Edge I get this:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-17 7.21.19 PM.png
Views:	217
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	413905

which doesn't make sense because I passed the Adobe test and the Xfinity logo appears on the top of the page. With Firefox I passed the Adobe test and I'm even able to watch the latest episode. When I try to use the Developer Tools I get no "master" or manifest.mpd but there were some files with the word manifest in them but I got bored and didn't look at them.
          Obviously if I try to login directly to NBC.com on StreamFab I get caught up in the Adobe test white screen that started this whole discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

the show is available on hulu
            Only if you paid extra to get the "+ Live TV" plan. And as far as I know StreamFab won't download any live TV.

Comment

Ok so Back to streamfab Can we have support look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

The short answer - No. Telemundo.com refers you to www.nbc.com and when I try to watch the show with Chrome or Edge I get this:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-17 7.21.19 PM.png
Views:	217
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	413905

which doesn't make sense because I passed the Adobe test and the Xfinity logo appears on the top of the page. With Firefox I passed the Adobe test and I'm even able to watch the latest episode. When I try to use the Developer Tools I get no "master" or manifest.mpd but there were some files with the word manifest in them but I got bored and didn't look at them.
                Obviously if I try to login directly to NBC.com on StreamFab I get caught up in the Adobe test white screen that started this whole discussion.
                did you try searching for mp4 ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                  did you try searching for mp4 ??
                  No, I didn't. Should I have? Like I said previously, it's been a while since I messed around with the Developer Tools to download a video. And most of the time I wasn't doing it on my own. I was following examples that others were posting on the VideoHelp Forum.

Comment

Mona Any news on this. Would like to get this working.

Comment

No, I didn't. Should I have? Like I said previously, it's been a while since I messed around with the Developer Tools to download a video. And most of the time I wasn't doing it on my own. I was following examples that others were posting on the VideoHelp Forum.
                      I can't chat you...can you enable it?

Comment

CATS4U....try this

Log on to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

Click Browse and choose NETWORK. Find Telemundo and click on the show.
                        Click on an episode

Last edited by jimc115; 08-19-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Nice! It sort of works but I'm getting only 480p and the download rate is a gawd awful 1MB and less. It sort of shows the concept that I should be able to download whatever my Xfinity cable account allows me. I'm testing it out with Animal Kingdom on TNT and I'm getting the latest episode. I'm getting 480p and slow download on that, too. But that's better than what I was getting the other day when I couldn't get it direct from TNT because of the white Adobe screen that started this whole conversation. Amazon Prime only makes Seasons 1-5 free and the latest and final is 6.
                          Earlier this year I was sort of working with Mona on trying to get Xfinity downloads but the developer never could get it working. I don't remember whether if it was before or after the release of the MPD module. With this proof of concept maybe they can refine it a bit more to get beyond 480p and <1 MB downloads.

You asked about chat. I turned it off after some abuse from someone here that didn't like something I wrote and was too much of a baby to post their disagreement publicly. I prefer to keep it off.

Comment

jimc115 you are getting a 720p download. When you login you get at 1080p download. its a big difference.

Comment

Here is from another site. I was able to login but cant download but of the error. Something has changed as this use to work.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice! It sort of works but I'm getting only 480p and the download rate is a gawd awful 1MB and less. It sort of shows the concept that I should be able to download whatever my Xfinity cable account allows me. I'm testing it out with Animal Kingdom on TNT and I'm getting the latest episode. I'm getting 480p and slow download on that, too. But that's better than what I was getting the other day when I couldn't get it direct from TNT because of the white Adobe screen that started this whole conversation. Amazon Prime only makes Seasons 1-5 free and the latest and final is 6.
                                Earlier this year I was sort of working with Mona on trying to get Xfinity downloads but the developer never could get it working. I don't remember whether if it was before or after the release of the MPD module. With this proof of concept maybe they can refine it a bit more to get beyond 480p and <1 MB downloads.

You asked about chat. I turned it off after some abuse from someone here that didn't like something I wrote and was too much of a baby to post their disagreement publicly. I prefer to keep it off.
                                I'm not using xfinity, but as you can see both our cable companies use the same software for online. I have no problem grabbing 720p and fast....I'm still using 5.0.4.3 though.
                                Can you watch in higher the 480p online? I can't see xfinity limiting you to that. I know you lose some channels when you leave your home IP.
                                I'm not sure what's going on with Adobe.....yesterday, I could go on nbc.com and grab fine...today it wouldn't let me.

SF is also based on Edge 86....I think the version is beyond 104 now, so that could also be part of the Adobe problem.
                                You can find 1080p Animal Kingdom on hdencode...just google it.

Comment

Working...
                                X