Cant link cable provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retsrok163 View Post
    jimc115 you are getting a 720p download. When you login you get at 1080p download. its a big difference.
    That's a limitation with SF right now. Most online cable sites are capped at 720p. There are still a few using M3U8 that can be tricked into giving up 1080p, but not a lot.
    Even watching streaming with their site, many channels are capped at 720p. They always have been. FOX, Disney, ABC, PBS and others broadcast in 720p. NBC does broadcast in 1080p, but SF is still limited to 720p.

Comment

Damn expired certificate! Jim, reply later

Comment

If you're n Chrome...click the lock on the url...site settings...insecure content...allow.
        Will work until they fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
          If you're n Chrome...click the lock on the url...site settings...insecure content...allow.
          Will work until they fix it.
          That's how I was able to write here at all. But I had a weird secondary problem that I can't figure out how it was related to the expired certificate but I think it was. I couldn't write more than about one sentence otherwise I'd get an error when I clicked Post Reply. Hopefully it will be gone when I post this.
          Anyway, I'm still in the middle of my nightly sleep. I woke up to use the facilities and just decided to check if the certificate problem was fixed. Thanks, Wilson! I'll get back later with a reply to your message. Good Night!

Comment

I'm not using xfinity, but as you can see both our cable companies use the same software for online. I have no problem grabbing 720p and fast....I'm still using 5.0.4.3 though.
            Can you watch in higher the 480p online? I can't see xfinity limiting you to that. I know you lose some channels when you leave your home IP.
            I'm not sure what's going on with Adobe.....yesterday, I could go on nbc.com and grab fine...today it wouldn't let me.

SF is also based on Edge 86....I think the version is beyond 104 now, so that could also be part of the Adobe problem.
            You can find 1080p Animal Kingdom on hdencode...just google it.
            I wasn't aware that Cox used the same software. One more clue that they are all in collusion. How do I determine what resolution is being sent when playing online? The player doesn't seem to have an Information display, which is what I usually rely on. The answer is probably obvious but my brain isn't working today.

StreamFab actually uses CEF (Chrome Embedded Foundation) version 86, which is a stripped down version of Chromium for use in other programs. I use one other programs that uses it but it uses the latest version CEF 104. In any event, SF changes the User-Agent to Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0 which makes it look like to the streaming server that we are using Firefox 95 on a Ubuntu Linux computer. According to what I read, it is the 87th most common User-Agent so if a site wanted to block such a combination they wouldn't upset too many other visitors. I have yet to see a streaming video site where they specifically mention the use of Linux as a Supported OS. So we are behind the eight ball before we even start. That's why I'm advocating a User-Agent Switcher built into SF. You could set it to match your default device and the server would be none the wiser. Or at least I think that's how it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I wasn't aware that Cox used the same software. One more clue that they are all in collusion. How do I determine what resolution is being sent when playing online? The player doesn't seem to have an Information display, which is what I usually rely on. The answer is probably obvious but my brain isn't working today.

StreamFab actually uses CEF (Chrome Embedded Foundation) version 86, which is a stripped down version of Chromium for use in other programs. I use one other programs that uses it but it uses the latest version CEF 104. In any event, SF changes the User-Agent to Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0 which makes it look like to the streaming server that we are using Firefox 95 on a Ubuntu Linux computer. According to what I read, it is the 87th most common User-Agent so if a site wanted to block such a combination they wouldn't upset too many other visitors. I have yet to see a streaming video site where they specifically mention the use of Linux as a Supported OS. So we are behind the eight ball before we even start. That's why I'm advocating a User-Agent Switcher built into SF. You could set it to match your default device and the server would be none the wiser. Or at least I think that's how it should work.
              Yup...most browsers now are built on chrome. Switching to an Android user agent would do the trick...but google is catching on to that also and using other method to detect the actual
              user agent. I was able to load one on chrome and successfully stream Disney at 1080p, It works for one session and the IP address gets blocked. Switch the VPN to another address and it works again...so it's not sustainable.
              As far as resolution...there's another program called tubedigger that will list resolutions that are being spit out. whether they are downloadable or not. (DRM'd)
              but as a rule....you can search cable broadcast resolutions and find what most are broadcasting for a channel. Take Disney for example...they only broadcast 720p, so the highest
              your cable will broadcast or stream them is going to be the same.

You could also load the app on a firestick and stream it to your tv....you'd be able to see the resolution there also.

Yup...lot of collusion....we even get Peacock Premium for free.

Comment

jimc115 if you go to Telemundo site and choose a video that doesn't require a cable provider login you can download the video @ 1080p. Usually the older videos are free. The latest videos will require a cable subscription. The way you are doing it is not from the website itself. Try it like i just said and you will see a different result.

Comment

Yup...most browsers now are built on chrome. Switching to an Android user agent would do the trick...but google is catching on to that also and using other method to detect the actual
                  user agent.
                  Yes, it's very interesting stuff. I was reading up on it the other day. It's called User-Agent Hints. https://51degrees.com/resources/blog...Client%20Hints

As far as resolution...there's another program called tubedigger that will list resolutions that are being spit out. whether they are downloadable or not. (DRM'd)
                  Ahh, Tubedigger, of course. I should have thought of that. It's my favorite non-DRM streaming downloader that I use. That's another program that uses CEF. Version 75, to be exact. I'll give it a try later to see what resolution is being sent.

Comment

Well, the results are in and they don't appear to be good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-21 2.11.38 PM.png
Views:	246
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	414115

Looks like Xfinity has it locked in at 480p. Oh, well.

Comment

That's no fun...same show...

Comment

And YES....TubeDigger is great...

Comment

Originally posted by retsrok163 View Post
                          jimc115 if you go to Telemundo site and choose a video that doesn't require a cable provider login you can download the video @ 1080p. Usually the older videos are free. The latest videos will require a cable subscription. The way you are doing it is not from the website itself. Try it like i just said and you will see a different result.
                          OK...

Make sure you are using the latest version of SF. on the home tab...go to www.syfy.com and try watching a show that needs you to choose your provider.....choose it.
                          Now...click the first tab again and enter nbc.com/shows

You should be automatically logged on to nbc with your cable company.

Telemundo would only allow 960x540 for that show....maybe because it's new. Picking an older episode allowed 1080p.
                          I tried a movie on Syfy and a series on NBC and both allowed 1080p.

Last edited by jimc115; 08-24-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

any update on this. To link provider now just opens multiple tabs and they just spin. I would like to unlock my episode. It works in all browsers not StreamFab.

Comment

Can we please get a feature where Streamfab uses the cookies from a specified browser? It's a hugely useful feature that i use all the time with yt-dlp and gallery-dl. Whenever i haven't been able to manually login or retrieve the correct cookie witg Get Cookies.txt extension, the --cookies-from-browser chrome argument has always worked. Especially when captcha or redirects are involved.
                              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Is there any news on this. There is a new show called La Reina de Sul that I would love to download but you software wont let me login with my cable provider. It just opens multiple windows and just spins. Please look into this. This used to work now it does not.

Comment

Working...
                                X