This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Did you delete the contents of your temp folder and use a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of a previous version of StreamFab, including registry entries, before installing 6.1.7.0? If so, attach your StreamFab.log.
    Yes i uninstalled streamfab (with professional uninstaller) and downloaded full version of 6.1.7.0 and tried downloading. When i initially selected a movie, it showed as vbr and cbr options ( Cbr file size is aroung 8 gb). i selected cbr and started download. download started and automatically changed to 5.3 gb ( looks like VBR) . i cancelled the download and selected the movie again. not it showed only vbr ( there is no cbr option)
    I have attached the logs
    Attached Files

Comment

Not confusing at all. Amazon is download mode, meaning the way we've done it all along before the DRM change. In other words, they are saying Amazon is totally fixed. You'll have to determine whether that is true or not because I refuse to use any update that uses re-encoding mode with any streamer, even one that I'm not presently subscribed to, which is the case with Netflix.
      Still re-encodes for me. That is also how I interpreted the change log (i.e., as an audio only fix)

Comment

Why are they wasting time to fix a minor problem on a module that will soon be obsolete? Funimation is closing in April! If they must "fix something" to show they are working on it it should be Crunchyroll.

Comment

Are you saying that Amazon is still re-encoding with 6.1.7.0? Did you delete the contents of your temp folder and use a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of a previous version of StreamFab, including registry entries, before installing 6.1.7.0? If so, attach your StreamFab.log.
          Makes no difference - cleaned up everything to o with DVDFab and StreamFab, Program folder, registry, log and temp folders with an absolut clean re-install of 7.1.7.0 and re-register my program again.
          Still reencoding.
          Try Ex Machine, choose H265. It downloads H264 and then starts re-encoding. Sorry Cats4U

Comment

I am waiting for all reviews before updating to the new version. Has amzn already repaired it or is it still re-encrypting?

Comment

still upscale
              You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

The new version is a joke, the log says "Notify encode mode". I don't know why they are trying to swindle us by lying. SMH

Comment

Based on my testing it is still re-encoding. It was previously reported that it downloads the HD (1080p) file, so no upscale, but cannot break the encryption. Instead, it plays the file behind the scenes and captures it to a new file (re-encode). Unfortunately, the quality suffers in that, based on my experience, the new file is around 25% the size of the original download. Some have also reported other issues with the new encode.

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
                    still upscale
                    no upscaling – see here and here

In Germany we say: If you have no idea - just shut up​​

Comment

If the procedure is - as I understand it - that a file is played in the background and then repackaged, then no DRM is actually violated and is therefore not prohibited, right? That would be nothing more than a screen recorder.

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
                        If the procedure is - as I understand it - that a file is played in the background and then repackaged, then no DRM is actually violated and is therefore not prohibited, right? That would be nothing more than a screen recorder.
                        Maybe, but nobody wants that! Can I also film the screen with my iPhone!

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post
                          Amazon is still VBR only. i dont have CBR download mode
                          CBR is only available in H264. H265 only has CVBR
                          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

no upscaling – see here and here

In Germany we say: If you have no idea - just shut up​​
                            i mean

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=438922&d=1709907626.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	439976

Name:	fetch?id=438924&d=1709907741.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	439977

Name:	ZZKQpDI.png
Views:	276
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	439978

yeah totally not upscalled

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

yeah totally not upscalled
                              Why do you insist on chiming in on things you don't understand?

Upscaling is taking something in a certain resolution and modifying said resolution to something higher. For example, take a 720p video and upscale it to 1080p.

The re-encode mode that StreamFab is doing is, for lack of a better word, screen recording. Because it is done at a greater speed, it's not the pure definition of screen recording.

So it is playing the file at 1080p in high speed and recording the output to a file. It encodes the video on-the-fly using settings similar to the original file and then downloads the original audio to finally remux the video and audio together.

There is no upscaling!
                              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Why do you insist on chiming in on things you don't understand?

Upscaling is taking something in a certain resolution and modifying said resolution to something higher. For example, take a 720p video and upscale it to 1080p.

The re-encode mode that StreamFab is doing is, for lack of a better word, screen recording. Because it is done at a greater speed, it's not the pure definition of screen recording.

So it is playing the file at 1080p in high speed and recording the output to a file. It encodes the video on-the-fly using settings similar to the original file and then downloads the original audio to finally remux the video and audio together.

There is no upscaling!
                                then it is screen recording with encode
                                re-encode makes absolutely no sense

in addition, screen recording is not normally possible without a gpu

someone (moderator) said that the downloaded video is taken and then encoded to a higher resolution (upscale)

Comment

Working...
                                X