X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

The problem will be fixed soon.

Wilson
    The new version fails after the processing stage when DL amazon video. This is become tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
      But it brings up the question..... how do you tell if a video is being re-encoded?.....
      At least from an Amazon perspective it is simple math. Before the DRM issue when I downloaded from Amazon at best quality, and it listed the file size as 2.3 GBs I would get a file 2.3 GBs. Now I download the same file listed as being 2.3 GBs (assuming this is the size of the source file) and it comes down as 800 MBs. In both cases the resolution is 1080p. Also, the processing takes twice as long.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

But it brings up the question..... how do you tell if a video is being re-encoded?.....
        I know this makes me sound awfully lazy, but I just watch the progress. For a series that I downloaded today, each episode took about 30 seconds to download and 6 minutes to process. I'm quite certain that means it re-encoded, else the process step would have been just a few seconds.

And no, I didn't sit there with a stopwatch; I watched the first minute or so, and then came back later and checked the timestamps.

Comment

Originally posted by voal View Post

The new version fails after the processing stage when DL amazon video. This is become tiresome.
          Also tiresome is having to say over and over to everyone to post the name of the video you are having trouble with and attach the StreamFab.log for that one session if you want it to be looked into. Just complaining does nobody any good.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

I know this makes me sound awfully lazy, but I just watch the progress. For a series that I downloaded today, each episode took about 30 seconds to download and 6 minutes to process. I'm quite certain that means it re-encoded, else the process step would have been just a few seconds.

And no, I didn't sit there with a stopwatch; I watched the first minute or so, and then came back later and checked the timestamps.
            You are right, the DL I tried on another computer shows it encoding. It appalling that the release note says it suppose to be DL, when it in fact encoding the DL. Shameful.
            The video is called The Big Chase for anyone that wants to try

Comment

You are right, the DL I tried on another computer shows it encoding. It appalling that the release note says it suppose to be DL, when it in fact encoding the DL. Shameful.
              The video is called The Big Chase for anyone that wants to try
              So, you aren't going to send a StreamFab.log as requested? Starting rumors without providing proof is even more shameful and tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

So, you aren't going to send a StreamFab.log as requested? Starting rumors without providing proof is even more shameful and tiresome.
                So, are you saying it's not re-encoding? Just 4 posts up I described how the resulting file is 25% the size of the source file (actually my mistake it is closer to 33%). If it was a download the resulting file would be the same size. Is that not enough evidence?

Comment

You are right, the DL I tried on another computer shows it encoding. It appalling that the release note says it suppose to be DL,
                  when it in fact encoding the DL. Shameful
                  I wrote this more than one time about 6169 testversion - this is the same (and same text) with 6170.
                  The Amazon "download mode" for new released videos applies to EAC3 Audio - Example:

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                  > Amazon: Is it true that you can now download newer stuff normally?

No, this only applies to EAC3 Audio, newer videos are re-encoded

> Netflix: The upscale/re-encode thing seems to be there now.

Amazon and Netflix download the selected resolution and if there
                  is no key for decryption (newers titles) it use re-encoding.
                  {source} and also here

Comment

So, are you saying it's not re-encoding?
                    I can't say it is anything until I see a complete StreamFab.log of the session.

Comment

I can't say it is anything until I see a complete StreamFab.log of the session.
                      My findings are good enough for me. Except it, ignore it, as you please. However, I'd be interested in hearing anything to explain how my findings could be a download and not re-encoding? I've downloaded all versions and have tested each one.

Comment

You can tell the forum is becoming desperate to cover up the truth when one of the moderators makes a false claim by saying a forum user is spreading "rumors". It doesn't take a genius to deduce that others have shared the same sentiment when they stated the new software is encoding the DL. The log stated "NotifyEncodeMode" and the processing stage is taking over 20 mins to complete. You stated yourself that you refuse to use any of the software with the encoding and will not offer assistance on the software higher than 6.1.6.8. We get that. So, relax.

Try not to attack forum users next time because it is making the forum look like a circus.

Comment

I'm sorry that you think I'm part of a cover-up. If only you two knew all the things we fight for you behind the scenes. Heck, both Jack and I have been accused of being too harsh to Management right in this forum. According to Brozilla, I still owe him an apology because I frazzled his nerves when I used naughty words at Management. I just need a StreamFab.log in order to make certain whether stream downloading or (so-called) re-encoding is being used. I have actually asked Wilson to document key sections of the StreamFab.log that will make it easy to determine which mode is used. What is your problem with you attaching a StreamFab.log, voal and smithbrad? Hundreds of logs are uploaded in a year, and they help solve problems, both for you and other users. Without a StreamFab.log I have nothing to show Wilson to pass on to the Developers.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

The truth just came out seconds ago from Wilson on Zoom -
                            Download Mode is used if downloading SD video for the new released Amazon video
                            In others words, if you downloaded at 720p or 1080p a newly released Amazon video, you would get it in re-encoded mode.
                            Damn them!! Who the hell wants SD, in Download or Re-encoded mode. Of course, we are going to try to download in HD. I can't believe he kept this little, tiny fact from us. I think this might be the end for me. I'm tired of being either lied to or told nothing.

Comment

I'm sorry that you think I'm part of a cover-up. If only you two knew all the things we fight for you behind the scenes.
                              @Wilson Wang: Why would you not tell us that when 6.1.7.0 was released? I've been fighting with users all day long over them saying that Amazon is using re-encoding. Jack has been fighting with them, too, all while he was busy at work. I can't put up with this crap much longer. Get a handle on your Developer and get him to give the people what they want. You're supposed to be his boss if you are the Project Manager. I know if I ran DVDFab, he would have been out on his ass weeks ago. And to be honest, you would be also, for letting this go on for so long and letting him get away with this. No American, Canadian, or European company would put up with this the way that DVDFab does. Quite frankly, you should try to get into negotiations with AnyStream to sell out to them. Can you tell that I'm totally pissed?
                              Cats4U

Comment

Wilson has changed his story again ---

Was:
                                Is Now:
                                For Amazon, it‘s only used the download mode for audio when downloading the new released video from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X