This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Enemies
    I'll give it 8 out of 10 stars....One of the better movies that was released in 2009.

Public Enemies IMDB
    Last edited by W&B; 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Public Enemies
      I'll give it 8 out of 10 stars....One of the better movies that was released in 2009.
      About the same for me, I go with 7.5 stars....

I also noticed that the DVS sound track was very good. Not that I need DVS, but I might if I get to tossed on the "Vodka & Seaweed Juice"
      Last edited by AlienX69; 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        I am a sci-fi buff & honestly, it is the worst sci-fi movie I have seen in a long, long time. Refugee aliens landing in South Africa and resembling and being called "PRAWNS"...
        GregiBoy, I'm a Sci-Fi nut too, but I'm R1 and will need to wait a couple of weeks (12/22) to see if it's as bad as you say.

What so amazing is its rated 8.4/10 with 95,993 votes on IMDb

From what I read in the User Comments this flick has the same filming style as Cloverfield, it was over-rated too in my book.

Here's someone that agreed with you:
        ************************************************** ***************************************
        the most worthless piece of crap I've ever seen, 29 November 2009
        1/10
        Author: Fever from St. Louis

Honestly, I really don't know what the big deal is with this movie. It was raved as inventive, well-filmed, great effects, blah blah blah. You have to be kidding me. Once again, we are taken through the documentary-style movie about aliens, this time adding their colonization and relocation. It's supposed to be an 'inside look' at what the agents go through and what happens to one agent in particular. Yet what we end up with is the same old, redone, repetitive yawns. Ten years ago when "The Blair Witch Project" came out, it was revolutionary. But film after film later of the same thing, it gets old after a while. There's only so much of the jiggling camera I can take. The story got really old really fast and I just kept thinking it has to get better. But it never did. We actually left halfway into it, something I haven't done in at least a decade. Don't waste your time with this one. Garbage!
        ************************************************** ***************************************

I as well dislike movies that have the hand-held camera effect, i.e. what made me think of Cloverfield !!!
        Last edited by AlienX69; 12-09-2009, 02:03 PM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I agree with WB on Public Enemies. 7 or 8 out of 10. Johnny Depp is still captain Jack Sparrow to me. It will be hard to shake of that stigma. Movie not bad. Historicaly pretty good too.

rip

Comment

World's Greatest Dad
            5.5 out of 10*stars
            Terminator salvation =7*s
            Night at the Museum 2= 7.5*s
            Last edited by magnum62; 12-09-2009, 05:24 PM.
            "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Funny People = ** (really a let down with all the comedic talent that was in it)
              Star Trek = ********** (best movie I've seen in a long time)
              Terminator Salvation = ******** (Nice work to keep it fresh, even the "Ahnold" adaption and clever work at bringing the music from Judgement Day into this one)

Those are my newest movies. I have "Half Blood Prince" and "Public Enemy" at home yet to watch.
              Into abyss
              You don't exist
              Cannot resist
              The Judas kiss
              Judas lives recite this vow
              I've become your new god now

Comment

Pelham 123....*****(5 of 5) Like it alot. I love John Travolta's acting, specially when he is the BAD GUY.

City of Life & Death... *****( 5of5) A Chinese made movie on WWII on the invasion of Japan to China, (ie:- Nanking massacre)...The movie is in B&W.

Public Enemy - **** (4 of 5) Johnny Depp tried to much to be Dillinger. Which I think he did a darn good job. I noticed they both look alike.

Transformer - RISE OF THE FALLEN - ( 0 of 5) - Whew, nearly 3 hours of metal crap that was damaged by the leading actor & actress. Lousy!! Worst film of 2009.

UP - (4 of 5) Creative Cartoon and love the animation.
                U can run....but U cannot hide
                "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Comment

Crossing Over & State of Play are Excellent too....4.5 of 5 stars

Comment

So we'll translate that to 9/10 stars?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i think there should be rating on 3 things

graphics
                      sound
                      movie

1-10 stars for each of the above

Comment

Here are my reviews on the following movies I have watched.

State of Play 5 out of 5 (nice twist at the end)

Land of the Lost 1 out of 5 (I liked ferrel in old school better)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 2 out of 5 (same old)

Now Just one more for the old school guys in this forum. Anybody ever see these movies......some of my favs.....

Kelly's Hero's

The Dirty Dozen

Sea Wolves

Comment

Movie studio should have a bibliography of Tiger Woods. I think it would be extremely interesting to learn of his good life and all the mistresses he have.

Total 12 and counting. I will give 12 of 12 stars....but I am not too sure if I will watch it....ain't a GOLF guy.

Comment

Hey Seamonster. Yeah maybe a Tiger Woods in (The 9 Iron) rated xxx. LOL. He seems to like that as I have heard.

Comment

I like the trilogy of Lords of the Rings.

The ROAD will be a good movie....hear good reviews.
                              The Hobbits will be worth the watch too
                              The Avarta good too.

Comment

Looking forward to the gamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X