Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched that a few weeks back but I liked all the blood and gore that it had

Comment

Cool effects with the ninjas pearing from the shadows. Also at the start with the gang getting slattered. aka Ninja style.

Comment

"Brothers", finally a movie with a good story line and some GREAT acting!
        "The Men Who Stare At Goats", pretty good comedy. Clooney had my side hurting from laughing so hard.

Comment

I have a NEW favorite for best 2010 DVD release ...... "The Blind Side"

Excellent movie, Sandra Bullock's crowning achievement, by far the best acting she as ever done.

What makes this such awe inspiring movie is that it's based on a true story. A definite MUST SEE movie.

AX
          AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Which is a better flick: Ninja or Ninja Assassin?

btw, what's all these multiple posts about New Moon? Read the review over imdb and many people gave a thumbs down.

Comment

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
              btw, what's all these multiple posts about New Moon? Read the review over imdb and many people gave a thumbs down.
              Wondered the same myself, but to coin a phrase..."to each his own"...I guess.
              Then again, maybe it should be "to each his/her own daughter"...
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Couple that I have seen lately & liked:-

Boondock Saints: All Saints Day & Green Zone. Thought Hurt Locker was overated.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

LOL I think you are not in the 16-24 year old female demographic. In my family at least, that is where the interest in this title was. I gave my youngest daughter the copy I bought for testing.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Thought Hurt Locker was overated.
                    I agree, worst movie ever after Twilight

Comment

Somebody must have been padding pockets of the Academy Award judges..... Hurt Locker, best picture .... NOT !!

Hurt Locker and Twilight were just average flicks, Up in the Air, above average

Surprised at how Star Trek got so overlooked, at least Avatar took a few !!!

AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                        Somebody must have been padding pockets of the Academy Award judges..... Hurt Locker, best picture .... NOT !!

Hurt Locker and Twilight were just average flicks, Up in the Air, above average

Surprised at how Star Trek got so overlooked, at least Avatar took a few !!!

Yeah, I haven't seen the flicks you mentioned with the exception of Star Trek, but Shame on Them for overlooking it.
                        I thought it was a solid flick...great special effects, great cast (somebody in casting should receive kudos for sure), great script.
                        Just an all-around, solid flick.

To be honest, I haven't watched the Oscars in awhile and haven't enjoyed it since Billy Crystal hosted.
                        Remember when he spliced himself into the best flick nominees.
                        The Full Monty...
                        "What?... too Jewish for you?...LMAO

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You saw Avatar, right ... kinda thought I remember you seeing it in 3D, maybe I was thinking of someone else .....

But "Avatar" beats "Hurt Locker" by a mile for best picture, next for me would be "The Blind Side" regarding nominees they selected for Best Picture

PS: I don't watch the Oscars either, I think it's fixed, Star Trek should have been one of the nominees !!

Last edited by AlienX69; 03-24-2010, 11:17 PM.
                          AX

Comment

Yup, that was me. I saw Avatar in 3D (but not IMAX)... I was very impressed.
                            On some of the scenes, I almost experienced mild vertigo.

Wonder if IMAX provided barf bags for their patrons...lol

Comment

Glad to see some agreement with my sentiments about Hurt Locker, I thought it was just me. Dull despite all the action. Terrible. Boondock Saints II was better than I expected. Just got Blind Side and Brothers today. I think Star Trek did get an Oscar for something--maybe makeup. A great flick, and as noted the casting was amazing. All the characters were recognizeable as their younger selves. I gave it 3.8 out of a possible 5.2 stars (unusual rating system due to late discovery of movies better than the previous 5.0).
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I liked Ninja Assassin better than Ninja as Ninja Assassin had more blood and gore

Comment

Working...
                                X