This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    I am checking on this, it has been an annoyance for the past several months, can't remember when it actually started. I have found a setting in the profiles that may be it, I am waiting to hear from the devs, probably not before tonight USA time.
    Any news yet?
    ------------------------------------
    Just another moron with a keyboard.
    ------------------------------------

Comment

Profile for Samsung TV

Is there any hope for getting the samsung TV profile updated to the new version? I've got a un55c9000 which is refusing to play anything i throw at it except WMV files.

I have tried almost every mp4 profile available and nothing works. The WMV file works except for the audio. Is it possible to build a profile which encodes the video and WMV9 and the audio as WMA9 multichanel??

The TV lists MP4 H.264 BP/MP/HP as supported video codecs and MP3/ADPCM/AAC within the MP4 container. Somehow it seems DVDFab isn't putting out the format the TV will support.

Comment

Yes. The ability to do this from within the profile be in the next version of Profile Editor. Not sure when this will be out, hopefully not too long. They just released an updated version last week, so it won't be instantly.
        Originally posted by GeekMan View Post
        Any news yet?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can use the new Profile Editor to update old profiles to the new version that DVDFab will recognize. You can download it here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13963

You should make MediaInfo scans of the MP4s that will play and those that will not and post them in a new thread in the Ripper forum.

Originally posted by cmslick3 View Post
          Is there any hope for getting the samsung TV profile updated to the new version? I've got a un55c9000 which is refusing to play anything i throw at it except WMV files.

I have tried almost every mp4 profile available and nothing works. The WMV file works except for the audio. Is it possible to build a profile which encodes the video and WMV9 and the audio as WMA9 multichanel??

The TV lists MP4 H.264 BP/MP/HP as supported video codecs and MP3/ADPCM/AAC within the MP4 container. Somehow it seems DVDFab isn't putting out the format the TV will support.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is the mediainfo for the only file which will play on the TV. However the audio is not supported so there is no audio track played just video. The Samsungs will only support WMA9. Is there any way to adjust the xbox360.wmv.wma10 profile to only produce wma9 multichanel audio?

The other issue I have is that I've never gotten this rip to complete on the whole disc.

Format : Windows Media
            File size : 59.3 MiB
            Duration : 1mn 13s
            Overall bit rate mode : Constant
            Overall bit rate : 6 737 Kbps
            Maximum Overall bit rate : 10.3 Mbps
            Encoded date : UTC 2011-09-11 16:42:00.401

Video
            ID : 1
            Format : VC-1
            Format profile : SP
            Codec ID : WMV3
            Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
            Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
            Bit rate mode : Constant
            Bit rate : 9 944 Kbps
            Width : 1 920 pixels
            Height : 1 080 pixels
            Display aspect ratio : 16:9
            Frame rate : 23.976 fps
            Bit depth : 8 bits
            Scan type : Progressive
            Compression mode : Lossy
            Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.200
            Stream size : 87.6 MiB
            Language : English (US)

Audio
            ID : 2
            Format : WMA
            Format profile : Pro
            Codec ID : 162
            Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
            Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 256 kbps, 48 kHz, 5.1 channel 16 bit 1-pass CBR
            Bit rate mode : Constant
            Bit rate : 256 Kbps
            Channel(s) : 6 channels
            Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
            Bit depth : 16 bits
            Stream size : 2.25 MiB (4%)
            Language : English (US)

Comment

Which profile produced this output file?

Comment

New profile editor suggestions.

First I would like to select just the horizontal resolution and let the cropping engine automatically select the vertical.

Second I would like to set a quality value or Bits/Pixel value then let DVDfab select the bitrate.

Thanks,

Jim McMann
                San Jose, CA. USA

Comment

Suggested profile settings for 7-inch tablet

Any profile suggestions for outputting to a Archos 7 Home Tablet (version 1

I started on in Profile Editor and picked MPEG-4 / 800x480 / 30 fps / 2000 bit rate / aac: 48000 Stereo, bit rate 128000.

7-inch screen : 800 x 480

I "think" this Archos 7-inch supports:
                  - H.264 up to 720p resolution . 30 fps / 2.5 Mbps.
                  - MPEG-4 - 30 fps / 2.5 Mbps.
                  - MKV - 23 fps / 2500 Kbps

With a 16 GB microSD, I'd like to somehow balance adequate quality with packing in the content.

I'm guessing picking Stereo output is adequate.

Even with the screen resolution of 800 x 480, do I have to pick that in DVDFab Ripper, or would a smaller res still provide acceptable playback on a 7-inch screen?

Thank you!

Comment

The files will be smaller if you 1) choose a slightly smaller frame size, like 720Xxxx or 704Xxxx and 2) choose a slower frame rate, like 24 fps. You should make some short test files with these settings to see if they still look good to you.

Comment

The new sharing feature of the Profile Editor make this thread obsolete. It was a great success and thanks to all users who contributed. The thread will be left in place so that users can find it using the forum search tool. Please note that almost all of the profiles in this thread will require use of the Profile Editor to update them for use with versions of DVDFab after v8.0.8.5, but when updated they should still work well.

Comment

Working...
                      X